Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Play Dead
Lis and Olo Offline
Valkyrie's Messenger

Play Dead

This is kinda a silly suggestion.

Would it be too much trouble to make it so that when you change from novice to first class, you keep the skill "play dead", but it loses it's functionality, (doesn't stop monsters or people from attacking you)?

It'd be nice to actually have a laying down sprite available rather than just a sitting down one. This is especially true in times when you want to go afk on a bed and it looks kinda odd to sit. I mean, yeah, totally silly but I'd really love to see something like that implimented. Icon_biggrin

What isnt fun about pretend killing yourself?

Sal
04-07-2007 02:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

RE: Play Dead

well it'll still look funny cause ur equips would be splayed about you and if ur o n a peco, well that'll really be a mess, so i think it's moot Icon_biggrin no way to make the sprite look comfy on a bed

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
04-07-2007 05:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lis and Olo Offline
Valkyrie's Messenger

If you're really that picky, you can take off your headgear and get off your peco. Icon_razz

It's not that hard to do xD. Most people would just set their headgear next to them if they were sleeping in an inpromptu place like rune midgard, where you have no real home. Since the only armor that appears is upper headgear, and most headgear I've seen is laying neatly beside you when you die, this isnt an issue. As for peco, if you're going afk, you dont need it, so get off. 90% of the classes in the game dont have a peco anyway.

Does this seem totally uninteresting to anyone? I think most people I've asked said if it happend, they'd like it, but apparently not on this forum xD.
04-16-2007 11:55 AM
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

most of the people in game don't get on the forum all that much from what I've seen Icon_lol but sounds interesting, only problem is as you said, the functionality would have to change once the job was changed from novice.

[Image: razbannerow7.gif]
04-16-2007 11:58 AM
Peeka~ Offline
Changing Peco for Motorcycle...

In all honesty, it would be awesome to play dead in town Icon_biggrin, the ability to escape monsters would have to be disabled after novice i would think. Good idea Sal

Peeka~
04-16-2007 01:33 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

would you would have to create a new animation for monsters attacking played dead non-novices? say if you used it on an aggro map

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
04-16-2007 03:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I like the suggestion actually, I'm not sure how to do it if it's possible, but I'm definatly keeping it in mind.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-17-2007 10:24 AM
Lis and Olo Offline
Valkyrie's Messenger

RE:??Play Dead

Motenai_Ronin Wrote:would you would have to create a new animation for monsters attacking played dead non-novices? say if you used it on an aggro map

Nah, it'd be the same thing as if, say, you were in one of the stances that are already glitched in the game. For example as a monk/champ using snap, if you snap onto yourself, you'll use the snap animation, but will be stuck in it. After that, if you are hit you'll get stuck in a hit animation. It's pretty funny to watch, and it doesn't hurt gameplay any. The second you move you return to normal.

Yay, comments. I'm glad people like the idea. I don't know how you'd do it either XD. I know it's possible to add skills to the game, but it's apparently very difficult. Icon_eek
04-17-2007 12:20 PM