Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mystic Tower
Mupfelsan Offline
I want you to smile =)

myBB Mystic Tower

The mystic tower is a really cool event, I did it just one time so far but I really enjoyed it. Thanks GMs for creating another great event Icon_smile
So there are just some ideas:
- Maybe just the party who started the event should be able to enter the tower so there is no one who can interfere this party. Because it might get harder if you can't use any tactic because other people are tanking an MvP for example so that this MvP uses skills that endangers everyone or makes it harder to kill him. In addition to that the party is protected from the possible disappointment of losing all kills to another party or player.

- Is it possible to get a few more floors for this tower? (40-50) The run I was in was so fast over, I would have loved if there were just a few more floors Icon_eek

I would be happy to hear some opinions about it Icon_biggrin

[Image: 2995398983_1_3_12TExp4e.gif]

To-Do-List:
1. Don't worry
2. Be Happy !
04-07-2014 10:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Mystic Tower

All the automated events are meant to be for everyone, for private stuff there's always partying, endless tower, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless, as for adding new floors, I'll think about it, but since I don't want this event to be longer, I don't think we need more floors, some floors perhaps just need to be harder to give more of a challenge.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-07-2014 01:16 PM
EvolutionXI Offline
Sniped

Your run might've been "fast" because it's still new and people are interested in it. Over time as people lose interest it might take longer since there'd be less people. Unlike Muspel where creators are generally guaranteed those extra rough enriched ores from Fafnirs, killers aren't as guaranteed any great rewards here so people might be less inclined to join later on.

50 floors would make it too long for an automated event in my opinion. 30 might be nice, but then that'd still mean adding a second map. Would love to see a floor with War Zone monsters. That certain winter fiend could use some friends. Icon_cry

I agree that some of the 15+ floors should be harder. If I recall correctly, the run last night had about 30 min left available when everyone got to floor 20+ (forgot which), and that's plenty considering Orcus himself only needs about 10 min.
04-07-2014 08:03 PM
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

I like most of the mobs and floors and think its a fun event but there are atm obiously some flaws which imo are mostly related to auto ress.

Flaws:
- obviously too easy atm - fixed by no autoress
- people who have no clue about tactics ruin the experience - fixed by no autoress bc theyll most likely die and not get ressed > people will be more cautious and learn to actually play this way by observing the efficient partys
- people out of party (creas mainly) get mvp titles wo needing to prepare a party /share their loot - fixed by no autoress, just dont ress douchebags ;P

I think people will still help each other out and for instance ress out of party players if the other partys seem to be helpful/know what theyre doing, the actual reliance on other people will enhance teamwork and teach people how to be more efficient.

i actually dont think that this is bad for newbies either, since by playing more cautiously they can learn party tactics (at least better than in current setup where noone even applies tactics at all bc of rush nature of autoress events)

Anyways, thanks for making this awesome content,really like the theme of using all those custom mobs

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
04-08-2014 06:41 AM
Mupfelsan Offline
I want you to smile =)

That is true, I didn't think of an autoress-nerf Demogorgon. Maybe the autoress should just take effect after a floor is cleared. =)

[Image: 2995398983_1_3_12TExp4e.gif]

To-Do-List:
1. Don't worry
2. Be Happy !
04-08-2014 07:42 AM
EvolutionXI Offline
Sniped

(04-08-2014 07:42 AM)Mupfelsan Wrote:  Maybe the autoress should just take effect after a floor is cleared. =)

Like this idea. I don't think autores should be removed, it just seems a bit too frequent at the moment.

P.S.: Love the new quote window. No1
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 06:33 PM by EvolutionXI.)
04-08-2014 06:32 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'll definately think about it, thanks for the input Icon_smile

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-15-2014 03:54 PM