Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PSA: Clean up after your DB/BB/HocusPocus mess!
Liminality Offline
Twilight's Transience

PSA: Clean up after your DB/BB/HocusPocus mess!

And stop making them in the first place!

So I decided to make this humorous with a news article.

I don't mind it personally, it gave me a good time last night and an opportunity to write. Still, I'd like to remind:

Quote:
  • Do not break DB/BB randomly anywhere/everywhere

Do not break DB/BB outside of DB Rooms. Take care of your accidental DB/BB, or transformed monsters by equipment effects. Cry for help immediately on @main if the transformed monster is too strong for you to handle alone (including if it is in town or no-exp loss map.).

This sort of thing can be traced back to you through logs. Don't play irresponsibly, leaving it there for others to fix or deal with. I expressed through the ticket that I don't mind the incident, but that doesn't mean others won't for similar behavior.

I will be there, seekin' for liminality / no destinations to see, I wander /
in quiet places, so dark as eternity / I'm crying calling your name, I'm searching for you
05-09-2014 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: PSA: Clean up after your DB/BB/HocusPocus mess!

Personally, I prefer the old days when DB's/BB's were breakable outside of DB rooms. A lot of maps don't see much use, and for people who travel through those maps, it adds something extra to keep you on your toes.

Now yes, it does allow room for people to be dicks, but isn't it a lot more fun coming across unexpected things than "Oh, a map full of non-attacking, non moving plants. Such thrill. Such excitement."

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
05-09-2014 05:14 PM
Arcanju Offline

I don't think it's actually possible to break db/bbs outside of the db room.

Loved the article, though! Maybe the MVPs are were trying to have change of heart, on the lookout for a peaceful place to get away from all the killing.
05-10-2014 08:35 AM
Liminality Offline
Twilight's Transience

@Joe:
Mm, actually I share the sentiment, but I know it can be frustrating for some people. If people want the rule to be different though, perhaps a petition to change it might be in order?

@Arcanju:
Thank you Icon_biggrin I could have polished it up more, but I was spending a lot of time on it already. And yeah, maybe they were trying to find peace. Still, the coincidence of both of them being Lords was unnerving. And so close to another Lord who presides over Niflheim itself, too!

I will be there, seekin' for liminality / no destinations to see, I wander /
in quiet places, so dark as eternity / I'm crying calling your name, I'm searching for you
05-10-2014 08:44 AM