Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mission BBS board, and other exploits
MVP Offline

Mission BBS board, and other exploits

So there is actually a way to destroy the card in your armor equipment without destroying the equipment itself. Many players know about this trick and uses it (including me). The thing is, heRO does not have a card removal npc so one would assume that it is not legal. However, Pandora told me that it is legal in this case, but I just wanted to hear people's opinion on whether or not it should be allowed.

If you haven't already noticed, there is a mission BBS board in front of the Prontera fountain. You can post an ad to buy items and edit the quantity and price you want to buy. Then someone would fulfill that mission and you get the items and they get the money.

However, if you post an item with a card in it, the buyer would get the item minus the cards and refines (you could actually do all these steps on one character). Example put the item you want decarded into your inventory. Use that character and make an ad on mission board (posted +4 proxy with noxious card), then talk to the npc again and complete the mission with the required zeni (usually 1 zeni) then get the item back (+0 proxy[1]). This trick is good when the economy is dead like right now when nobody is vending proxies or other semi-rare items, but people usually use the trick for sunnies[1] or glasses[1] for obvious reasons. I haven't tested this but I've heard that you can actually transfer enriched ores (not enriched elun or oridecon) this way, bypassing the GM service.

So what do you guys think of this? should it be fixed or stay legalized?

Another trick I've discovered is the donator item at $300 that you get from Pandora ( Donator Laurel Wreath). Although in its description it states that you get 10 zeni per monster killed, it actually gives you a pretty good amount from 100zeni to like 1 or 1.5k if I remember correctly. Basically this is even more zeni then what you would get from a crown hat that you win from the easter event or the facebook hat that you win from the facebook event. On top of that, this hat is tradeable without a GM service unlike all the other money hats.

Pair this with Ghostring mobbing or angeling/deviling/( and more) and I was able to make 300m zeni in about 3-4 hours of farming SOLO. Although there have been fixes to the minions of these mini-bosses and others, people with a lot of gears can still effectively farm zeni with this, mostly using a champ with ring of resonance and ring of flamelord. I won't go into detail on how it's done cause there are many ways to do it. Should the donator hat be fixed to make it 10 z drop per kill? I know for a fact that some richer players did this trick and made billions of zeni before it was fixed so zeni is worthless on heRO.

I mentioned Ghostring, deviling, and angeling mobbing, but how do people do that? Did you know that the level of the character you break BBs with in the DB room determine the range of the MVPs or minis that would appear? For example, the lowest level MVP is GR at level 18 so if you break BBs at level 18, you will get GRs 100% of the time. Next up is angeling at level 20. If you break BBs at level 20, you will get angelings and GRs at a statistical 50% each. Next up is Deviling at level at level 31. Break at this level and it's a 1/3 chance for deviling, GRs, or angelings. This pattern is pretty much the same for every level in that it summons the mvps at the character level and anything below that level at an even chance except for baphomet which can be summoned from level 1-17 at 100% chance.

The trick is useful for getting the lower level MVP cards such as GR, deviling, angeling, archangeling, and Golden thief bug since farming the BBs with a crooked hat and spam breaking them in DB room with a steelbody champ and ifrit rings is faster than waiting to kill them once every hour or so in the field.

Well farming these mins for zeni in the db room is still doable for the rich, which only makes them richer.

Well there are a lot of other tricks but I just covered the basics and wonder what you guys think?
06-26-2014 10:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

RE: Mission BBS board, and other exploits

O.O ...

[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
06-27-2014 01:03 AM
punisouffle Offline

Icon_arrow Card removal & Mission BBS,
I'm more in the "card decision matters" side, "No card removal, never~!"
but then I'm just a poor player in the lower foodchain Icon_biggrin
Though, If the general opinions is okay with it…
we should just have a formal card removal NPC.

Right now the BBS method feels too much like workaround,
and it is free!
Having a NPC for it we could turn this into resource/zeny crash-landing site.
Perhaps divide the equips into grades, like slot/stats enchant NPC?

Of course card removal NPC will only works when the BBS thing is plugged.
Can BBS be script to not accept refined or carded items? I have no idea.

Icon_arrow Bypassing GM service
I feel what was deemed non-transferable should need a ticket.

Icon_arrow Zeny fountain gears
My experience with twitter hat and the crown was…
I wore them for the look Icon_twisted
From what you said, it won't hurt to lower the Laurel's zeny drop.

Also farming pure zeny sounds so uninspiring Icon_cry
We have plenty gears to ease our hunting,
and they should be fun.
I like opening a pile of gifts and old blue boxes.

Instead, I could see the zeny gears dropping things like Red Envelope.
The idea is still you get zeny, but now it's not vanilla~
And of course at a more reasonable chance.

Icon_question My question about Bloody Branches
Of our level limiting the monster summoned…
why is it so?

Seems to me, in official servers where we can break branches anywhere
it's to prevent you from getting high-end MVPs if your level's too low.
(and 1x rate, not everyone is 99/70)
But here where we break in DB rooms,
it only serves to "do low level trick so we get Devi,Angie and Ghostring"

I'd think for here, it's better just randomly any MVP at all.
06-27-2014 01:56 AM
Chobits Offline

you abused it and reported it now? XD
06-27-2014 03:31 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

(06-27-2014 01:56 AM)punisouffle Wrote:  Icon_arrow Card removal & Mission BBS,
it's not a card removal NPC since u lost the card (and the upgrade or hidden enchant as well). The real card removal NPC wouldn't do that

(06-27-2014 01:56 AM)punisouffle Wrote:  Icon_arrow Bypassing GM service
I feel what was deemed non-transferable should need a ticket.
meh, u can transfer enriched ore as a service anyway, why bother?
06-27-2014 05:04 AM
punisouffle Offline

(06-27-2014 05:04 AM)Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:  it's not a card removal NPC since u lost the card (and the upgrade or hidden enchant as well). The real card removal NPC wouldn't do that

Call it Card Executionatignoner then.

(06-27-2014 05:04 AM)Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:  meh, u can transfer enriched ore as a service anyway, why bother?

huh.

"BBS can transfer rough ores without Service ticket"
is what he said.
06-27-2014 07:09 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Didn't they fix the ghostring farming thing? It annoys the crap out of me that when I use my priest to farm ghostring that after the first wave of giant whispers, I get a buncha plant status Giant whispers that have the same damage and stats but only take 1 damage, and are a different race so Magnus Exorcismus no longer damages them. My priest is effectively less effective at killing Ghostring because it's taking a LOT more damage than it used to.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
06-27-2014 07:26 AM
Viper_Strike Offline
Excelsior

Why did they have to fix the ghostring mobs? D:
I mean, lots of vets got their GRs from this method and now it is far less inefficient and more time-consuming. They got to do it the easy way and now we more recent players who want GRs have to bear with the change.

Dodge_Viper
The_Denizen_Of_Light
Cocoy Bato
------------------------
06-27-2014 07:33 AM
yacsef Offline
Kappa

Basically it's just a non-legit way to play the game that doesn't really bother me. It's just that when people don't know about it and learn about it they're like oh soo that's how we do it, so i've been working my ass off farming whatever to get whatever but all i needed was 100 BBs and a db room and some dropping items gears (It can be a disgusting feeling and that makes people quit). That still doesn't prevent you enjoying the game how you like it and just leave exploits apart, so people gogo db rooms and buy my orcus gears :D.

Oh, that might be unfair in woe though, but no one does that anyways.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2014 11:49 AM by yacsef.)
06-27-2014 10:42 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

life is unfair, live it.
06-28-2014 12:32 AM