Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
School!!
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

RE: School!!

(09-10-2014 11:17 AM)Aaronock Wrote:  Dude I should force you to get Manga Studio 5 or EX4.
I'll FB message you next time it's on sale, it'd help you out a ton in making comics like these. :3

I bought it @_@

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
09-12-2014 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

rough sketch of the two heroes of the platform game we are making (^@_@)^

[Image: DampD_zpsb47c1393.jpg]

09-13-2014 07:39 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

No new drawing, too busy like a bee (@_@). Here, enjoy my old one of sinX instead.

[Image: Practice055.jpg]

09-14-2014 05:49 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

(09-13-2014 07:39 PM)Story Teller Wrote:  rough sketch of the two heroes of the platform game we are making (^@_@)^

[Image: DampD_zpsb47c1393.jpg]

platform, platform~

[Image: armavita_zpsb0a07b96.jpg]

09-15-2014 04:26 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

[Image: QuickCritique_zps0136dbca.png]

I like the designs, I think they are pretty cute for the girl, and the guy does look neato, he reminds me a little of Adol from Ys with the way his armor looks.

Some things were bothering me. Copied the picture and gave it a quick whirl to see why I was bothered. I forgot to move the girl's left (our right) leg some to compensate for the changes, but whatever, it's drawn mostly correct. Icon_razz

Anyway, I'd really really really recommend changing where the guy's waist is currently, As you can see with the pink lines, he looks like he has a girl's body currently with where his waist begins. I know in anime they sometimes do this, but it's not a good habit to get into lol. I tried to show where I would start the new waist lines at with the blue lines (sorry if it is hard to see). The legs aren't too long or anything, they tend to be shorter on men, so hardly any changes there other than beefing him up in general. I did that because he's appears to be some sort of warrior, not a sneaky poor and hungry type thief.

On the girl, I'd just give her a bit more curvature, it's a personal taste thing. I did screw up a bit and forgot to move the leg right leg (her left) like I said above, but all you need to do is move it over closer to the other leg slightly to make her not look like she's falling down. I also added a bit more to her legs to not look like sticks. But again, that's a personal taste.

I know and realize this is a concept piece and you haven't started making the sprites/2d animated figures yet, so it's easiest now to make changes where you can.

I really like the designs and just wanted to give an opinion on how to make them better. Hopefully nobody thinks I'm being just a big fat party pooper on your art. Icon_razz

Edit: Oops found a couple typos..

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 09:44 AM by Aaronock.)
09-15-2014 09:43 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

naw it's fine. Actually I intentionally made their body figures equally close to proportion since in the game they will be transforming back and forth from each other @_@

In fact, one of technical coder people has a girlfriend who can cosplay so I had to made tremendous changes on the girl so she could make a costume easier

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 11:19 AM by Story Teller.)
09-15-2014 11:15 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hmm, I don't think there should be any problems with them being slightly different upon the transformation/switch out sequence.

Of course, It'd be something you'd haveta test in animation. I think if you do simple silhouettes as part of the transformation there should be a way to transition it without it being jarring.

09-15-2014 03:13 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Also I didn't want people to come in and think I'm trying to poo poo on your art or anything lol, I mainly aimed those kinds of comments at others and not yourself.

09-15-2014 03:27 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Naw actually I'm liking the feedback. It's pretty detailed and yeah I'm thinking of asking the programmers if they are fine with the guy being more muscular cause there might be issues in hitbox

09-15-2014 04:20 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Still busy~ so much to do. so little time

09-16-2014 04:08 AM