Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
@main on/off
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

@main on/off

I liked this command for a few purposes back in the day, and I would like to see it come back.

The situation that I really, REALLY liked back in the day was having my battle log condensed down to things like no item drops, no exp, no gear info, no skill failure, and no to just about everything on the list except for party chat, guild chat, and if I wanted to @main on.

That way I could go about my leveling business with only conversations being seen by me, including @main.

I can do this now days, except for having @main on. I can reduce it down to the bare bones of information . . . but to see what is being said server wide I have to go back to the crazy world of unfiltered conversations and pray that I can read @main as drops start to rain in from the mobs. Yes, I could just f10 my chat log to fill up half of my screen and cover up the mobs that I'm trying to kill, or even just scroll around and pray that I can read things as I try not to be killed and read what is being said by people server wide . . .

OR

We could get @main on and @main off back and make it so I can have filtered battle log, while also being able to read global @main.

Not to mention, the occasional troll chat that happens on @main, the ability to just shut everyone up and go @main off, is always priceless.

Edit 1 : Almost forgot about one of the good things about @main, party recruitment or finding people that are not in your party/guild. The way it's set up now, if I'm out solo-ing there's no way for me to see if someone on @main is looking for a party that I could fit into easily. Again, I could try to read through the drops log, but it's a whole lot easier to just turn @main on in battle log and see if anyone is looking for a 89+ party that fits me.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2014 10:35 PM by Adrillf.)
11-25-2014 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mupfelsan Offline
I want you to smile =)

RE: @main on/off

+1 to Adrillf ^-^

[Image: 2995398983_1_3_12TExp4e.gif]

To-Do-List:
1. Don't worry
2. Be Happy !
11-26-2014 04:02 PM
Zeroxas Offline
Master Noobie Helper :D

we had a huge discussion about this the other day, it would be nice to toggle it with battle log, but if it happens it happens , if not I'm not bias at it either way.

[Image: 207274i.jpg]
Image size reduced by Ciar because it breaks the rules regarding signature sizes
11-26-2014 06:56 PM
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

Sigh, I'd really like for main to be accessable inside battle log, but for the time being I utterly fail to make both channel system and that work at the same time without crashing things like map-servers or my brains. Sorry.

And you can turn main off currently using @channel leave #main (and rejoin at will via relogging or @join #main).

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
11-26-2014 08:15 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

You might say that you can't get it to work, but I can now see @main in my battle log!

Thank you!
12-01-2014 11:42 AM
Mupfelsan Offline
I want you to smile =)

Yay @main in battle log ! Thank you ^-^

[Image: 2995398983_1_3_12TExp4e.gif]

To-Do-List:
1. Don't worry
2. Be Happy !
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 01:28 PM by Mupfelsan.)
12-01-2014 01:28 PM
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

As I mentioned in the reboot changelog, I couldn't have done without Arcanju, who helped me to clean up few things that finally let main work not interfering with channel system Icon_wink

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
12-01-2014 04:52 PM