Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few things...
yacsef Offline
Kappa

RE: A few things...

No to multiclienting. Dungeons that do not allow characters to disconnect (Nid, orcus, tower, etc.) would be too easy. I'd just permanently run a HP with me to res my dead chars. It might be all right to allow it sometimes to transfer gears for example, but it'd be hard for GMs to control the reasons why people are multiclienting.

Third party programs are stupidly imbalanced, might as well allow botting if those are added. Some of them are really good like rcx and grf edits because all effects are too much and no effects are not enough (rcx has an autopot feature i think though). But the bot ones are game breaking like ROMedic or whatever it is called. People that use those are bad and search for stuff to be good like macro on champs and autopots.

I agree with most of the thread's original post though.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 11:16 AM by yacsef.)
07-06-2015 11:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

(07-06-2015 11:10 AM)yacsef Wrote:  No to multiclienting. Dungeons that do not allow characters to disconnect (Nid, orcus, tower, etc.) would be too easy. I'd just permanently run a HP with me to res my dead chars. It might be all right to allow it sometimes to transfer gears for example, but it'd be hard for GMs to control the reasons why people are multiclienting.

Third party programs are stupidly imbalanced, might as well allow botting if those are added. Some of them are really good like rcx and grf edits because all effects are too much and no effects are not enough (rcx has an autopot feature i think though). But the bot ones are game breaking like ROMedic or whatever it is called. People that use those are bad and search for stuff to be good like macro on champs and autopots.

I agree with most of the thread's original post though.

Exactly why I said it would be touchy....

Do you really believe you'll be able to play an hp and another active class at the same time? You literally sound like you never even played the dungeons you mentionned when you're claiming stuff like that. Multiclient will allow some specific classes to be double cliented but even then, there will be a limit to how well a party will go if you multi client too many things. As of now, the server is in need of a way to promote parties and people being able to multclient things like performers could simplify the process.

As for 3pp, I never said to allow botting or autopotting, I said to allow rcx (which has no autopot, no idea if you even know what rcx is at this point), grf edits and ahk. Ahk is probably the only thing I'd say not to allow but has it stands, I've seen at least half the server use it already and it's pretty much undetectable so claiming it isn't allowed yet turning a blind eye to it just means that some players will respect the rules while some won't, might as well put everyone on an even ground.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 04:21 PM by Gojira.)
07-06-2015 04:00 PM
yacsef Offline
Kappa

(07-06-2015 04:00 PM)Gojira Wrote:  Do you really believe you'll be able to play an hp and another active class at the same time?

Yes? Is it that hard to autofollow or hide and hop on it once it is the time?

As for 3pp, I never said to allow botting or autopotting, I said to allow rcx (which has no autopot, no idea if you even know what rcx is at this point), grf edits and ahk.

I did not say that Sweat. I know what rcx is and it is great at its ability to erase effects and make useful boxes. I just thought it might have an autopot feature now (it's been a while i haven't tried it). For me, auto hotkeys is at the same level of botting or autopotting so that was why i mentioned those. They just do what the player is supposed to do faster and a lot more precisely.

I've seen at least half the server use it already and it's pretty much undetectable so claiming it isn't allowed yet turning a blind eye to it just means that some players will respect the rules while some won't, might as well put everyone on an even ground.

This kind of statement just makes no sense to me (someone is doing something bad, that means i should be able to do it too) but I understand some people might agree with you. I still disagree but that's just my opinion Icon_smile
07-06-2015 05:39 PM