Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Chronicles of Heroes - Impending Firestorm
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

The Chronicles of Heroes - Impending Firestorm

Impending Firestorm ~ The Trembling Earth

In the past few weeks, Thor Volcano has been spewing more smoke and ash than usual. While it creates splendid sunsets, there have been concerns for the safety of the residents of the surrounding region. People with respiratory problems are advised to wear some sort of mask to protect themselves.

The recent volcanic activity has also been accompanied by minor earthquakes in the region. Some of the volcano-dwelling creatures have been spotted outside of their natural habitat. Travelers are asked to be careful when traveling near the Veins' Wasteland.

(Veins Fields 01, 03, 04 and 05 will be home to certain monsters for a few days. If Veins is too dangerous to reach by foot, players can warp via Cool Event Corp NPC in Rachel.

On Saturday August 15th at 8:00 PM, there will be an event regarding Thor Volcano.)

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
08-14-2015 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

RE: The Chronicles of Heroes - Impending Firestorm

Amelia: "Damnit! I was planning on heading down that way." The creator would grumble, and sit down with a grown filir sitting in her wooden cart.

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
08-14-2015 02:36 PM
Yurrechire Offline
Mistress of a 1000 Papercuts

In a distant tea-room of a grand Rachel mansion, a charcoal-liveried woman put down a newspaper, "The watching of sunsets should fall under the mandatory "Minion quality time", as per statute 3.4, section C, paragraph 4 of the Dark Steward's Handbook. I do not believe we've had minion quality time this week, yet..?"

Join the Dark Legion today- we've got the best cookies!

Zerk on PRINCIPLE! ™
08-14-2015 02:58 PM
punisouffle Offline

Galoo buried her face in an opened magazine. Haven't you seen enough sun, she thinks - the blazing Arunafeltz sun tends to make enemies out of tourists. "I have a… thing. With Koto. This weekend." The girl reaches for a plate of rice crackers, as her arm limps out and fail. Sunset, huh. Maybe if she invites Kotori, with a promise of tea and picnic dinner. She should try this recipe of desert sandwich, yup.
"Where to, anyway?" She asks, expecting the answer to be on a mountain's top or a cliff. Too much happenings lately, Galoo needs time to wind down, relax, and find herself victims for practical jokes again. A cliff would be good, you can always push someone. But that's too crude, yup. That leaves poisoning the sandwiches.
The girl flumps down on the pages again, reading idly. An article interviewing Veins' soapmakers and how they prepare laxative for camels. Galoo jolts up, unable to hold her giggles. Counting fingers, she'll need some green apples, charred lizard and a bottle of yellow potion.
"Sunset watching, you say? Let me prepare us a meal."
08-14-2015 03:43 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

OOC: I'm on vacation in Oregon, and hope you all have fun with this event!
-----
Aaronock: "Have fun destroying those fiery creatures. As for me, I'm on a personal expedition for materials around Aldebaran. Seems I've ran out of quite a few raw materials to keep my experiments going. Prototypes for my new pet project should be out soon. Come Cream, I need your assistance to store all the things we need."

And off in hiding, Ezekiel Stalker ignores the possibilities of loot and monster killings. Always aware to put the highest price on his life - he'd continue to wait and avoid possible prying eyes that would turn him over to the authorities or Amdusias. This was not his first time on the run from the law, but never had he felt like the whole world was out to get him. However, he could not let this deter him from the goals he set after Odin spoke the words of "subduing Lucretia" and to "beware the 'Cloaked Schemer.'"

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2015 10:47 AM by Aaronock.)
08-15-2015 10:46 AM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

((Okay, doing an IC post for realsies))

The priestess, Sheena Archer, stepped off the airship in Rachel field. The acrid smell of smoke lay thick in the air, and the sun was blocked out bby the disturbed volcano to the south. "...Ummm..~" Sheena hopped from foot to foot, looking at the new location. She then bolted with a skip off towards Rachel. The priests had told her before she left, to check in at Rachel Sanctuary first, so that they knew that Rune Midgarts was sending aid to the kingdom. Then, they told her, to head south.
"Hehe~ New Land~ New place~" Sheena giggled happily.

From her hiding place, the paladin Summerstream simply watched the sky. Quiet, unwavering, and meditative.

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
08-15-2015 05:18 PM
VietNam90 Offline

(08-14-2015 02:28 PM)The Midgard Times Wrote:  On Saturday August 15th at 8:00 PM, there will be an event regarding Thor Volcano.)[/i]

Thank Sir! i will Join
08-15-2015 08:00 PM
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

Impending Firestorm ~ The Trembling Earth

Today as Thor Volcano spewed ash more than ever, a strong magnitude 4.8 earthquake rattled Arunafeltz and the surrounding areas, prompting a group of heroes to visit the volcano to check what was going on.

Strong mechanical sounds, mainly drilling, were heard from inside, followed by a massive explosion. A hooded man dressed in dark robes ran out of the entrance to the Volcano, with several golems trailing behind him. The man yelled "The Dark Allegiance will prevail!" as he was chased northeast, to Rachel.

The heroes attempted to subdue him various times, but the man would not give up. After much shouts in praise to Erebos he finally made it to Rachel, quickly getting lost within the crowds.

It was revealed shortly after that some of the automatons the man controlled walked into Veins carrying large amounts of ores. They headed for a ship waiting in the south and sailed off before the Arunafeltz Coast Guard could catch them.

The question we at The Midgard Times now ask is, If Lord Matthew is in Prison for having the Turtle General steal ores, who is this other man? Is he a follower of the Crimson Lord, or a man who framed him as some claim?

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
08-15-2015 11:55 PM
Poring Slayer Offline
Stray Cat

(08-15-2015 11:55 PM)The Midgard Times Wrote:  The question we at The Midgard Times now ask is, If Lord Matthew is in Prison for having the Turtle General steal ores, who is this other man? Is he a follower of the Crimson Lord, or a man who framed him as some claim?

Or just some random ore loving maniac Ok

[Image: mBOoe6N.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2015 06:34 AM by Poring Slayer.)
08-16-2015 06:33 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

I support the turtle general for his fetish ;D

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
08-16-2015 04:29 PM