Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BG Price Update
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE: BG Price Update

(10-11-2015 07:56 AM)Demogorgon Wrote:  thanks for trying to revitalize BG, hope itll work.
to CP and AMJ;

Ill disregard CP´s post as a pure Frustration Vent, as usual lately.

(10-11-2015 09:09 AM)Alister Wrote:  I thought players had ruined heRO.
But i was wrong.
You GMs did it.

I'm not venting at ALL. I was serious about the unused points. Go check out the top BG list, just my SinX has 10k+ points, which a % is unused since I already have stats enchanted and over plus'd gears.

My constructive feedback would be: put an NPC that sells the BG items at no cost, no fight, so it becomes universal and it goes with the philosophy of you get everything with no effort. (Make sure it is spammable) so everyone can go +10 everything.

Oh and, add in the slot enchant NPC so we can slot the items.
Imagine +10 Double Bloody Boned Glorious Bloody Roar (damn that sounds bloody)

@Leofer: Amen! Ragnarok is a grinding game, it's pure nature is pretty much distorted now. People don't need to log on and spend time grinding, everything is given out for free. And who the hell keeps MVP timers, even if you get a MVP card, they are banned in "almost" every major event. Why would people log and waste time for something they can't use LOL.
10-11-2015 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

(10-11-2015 07:56 AM)Demogorgon Wrote:  thanks for trying to revitalize BG, hope itll work.

to CP and AMJ;

I really dont get why you stick around at a Place you despise so much just to refuel your frustration and spread it unnecessarily.

Ill disregard CP´s post as a pure Frustration Vent, as usual lately.
AMJ at least mixes some actual arguments in his cynicism but what is wrong with the approach made? The Price got already cut in more than half of the original value. It is still slower than IRO,but they cant miracilously fix old mistakes.

Dont want to be in GMs Shoes atm, they still dont abandon BG despite of low Playercount/Attendance and as a thanks they get this kind of "Feedback"

My own 2 Cents:

The large Exodus of competitive Players really crippled BG but in my Opinion what really killed it was the Dicing Wave"
No Clue if im alone in this but i used to check out BG semi-regularily to see if its running but almost completely stopped with that when 80% of the Time it was running people were dicing. (I actually got yelled at for throwing ADs and "ruining their BG" , thats like going to a Metalfestival and complain about loud music)
From my Observation many of the other semi-regular combatants lost interest too back then so it ended up in current state (winning a lottery or gathering 4+ people yourself)

No clue how to fix that Problem, maybe lowering Prices is a Start. Was always against the argument of allowing 1v1 but maybe thatll be neccessary at some point :/

I'm in the same boat as you regarding that whole dicing story, each time I come back to play a bit I really do get annoyedfrom seeing most players only showing up for free gears but what can we do? This server always had a ton of players who only moved when it was for some form of profit. I led a woe guild here for 1.5 years and the only reason I could keep it going for so long is because I brought people to mvps on a daily basis, even if they weren't geared for it. People would remain in the guild and participate in woe to gain access to the mvp loot afterwards so I guess that was a give and take but a good 30 to 40% of the guild clearly was players who had no interest in woe, just like a portion of players showing to BG have no interest what so ever in BG.

Anyway, my issue isn't the fact the prices got reduced, I actually agree with that. My main problem is the fact GMs are once again failing to realize the difference in power of glorious items and non-glorious items (and the fact that non-glorious ones are supposed to be entry items to pvp which means they shouldn't take you over a few days to acquire). At this point, they might as well take out non-glorious items except for the few ones that get used because no one will ever buy them since they're the same price as their superior version...Non-glorious gears have never even been an option since we got BG here because the prices were always way too high for non-glorious items and they still are. A full non-glorious set (armor, shoes, boots) should be around 100 points total if even that here while a glorious one should be around 3 to 5x that price.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 03:24 PM by Gojira.)
10-11-2015 03:17 PM
Cobbinator92 Offline
The Boss

(10-10-2015 01:19 PM)ChaosPrince Wrote:  So his weaklings can "compete" lol.
Good thing I'm a good hamster and kept over 4000 BG points unused. looking forward to some +10 gears <3 ty care bears.

Watch for them to while the BG history so everyone start fresh LOL.

[Image: 29bh9hh.jpg]

These are bulletproof 24 carat tears of a rapper
10-11-2015 08:46 PM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Thanks for those that contributed constructive feedback, we have taken it into consideration and updated the prices accordingly.

The price list has been updated again:

Glorious Shoes/Muffler price went down from 125 to 90 points.
Non-glorious weapons price went down from 150 to 125 points.
Non-glorious armors price went down from 125 to 70 points.
Non-glorious shoes/muffler price went down from 60 to 30 points.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
10-11-2015 09:11 PM