Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chronicles of Heroes ~ Judge, Jury, Executioner
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

Just as some suspected, the announced attack on Yuno was not what it seemed to be. It was merely a distraction, that allowed Kushiel to march into Rachel's Holy Ground. As the group of heroes stood between Kushiel and the Ymir's Heart Fragments, he delivered a "warning" to the heroes:

"Stay away from me, and live to see another day. Stand in my way, and be destroyed."

In the end, his golems managed to keep the heroes busy long enough to steal several Ymir's Heart Fragments and flee. If his claims to destroy the Dark Allegiance are true, he is one step closer to his goal.

Just after these attacks, Lady Thea announced the Light Allegiance Council decided to join forces with the Dark Allegiance to capture the man.

We at the Midgard Times hopes this alliance helps bring this man to justice.

<><><><><>

Somewhere in the Light Allegiance's Headquarters in Aldebaran...

A sniper stormed through one of the many hallways. She did not look happy at all.

"Get out of my way, tin man!" She yelled, as she approached the paladin that stood guard outside Thea's office. Without thinking twice, the man moved.

The (abrupt) opening and slamming of the door startled Thea and the High Priest she was talking to.

"How dare you announce on behalf of the council without informing us! You should be sanctioned for this!" She shouted loudly.

Thea spoke calmly and softly, in an attempt to tranquilize her. "Calm down, Maristella. We can explain."

"It's not the first time you do this, either! You've been too eager to help the Dark Allegiance these days, what is wrong with you!?" The sniper exclaimed. She seemed flustered beyond comprehension.

"She held a reunion this time. We simply did it without you. I'm responsible for it." The high priest explained.

Maristella looked at the High Priest, betrayed. "What!? How could you, Nereus?"

Nereus and Thea looked at each other, not knowing how to explain without her becoming angrier. "Well, it's just, there are times you're not always level-headed..." Thea began to explain.

"Oh really. Like when!?" She snapped back. "Mention one time I've not been level-headed!"

"Any time a sentence contains 'Lord Matthew' in it." Nereus somewhat bluntly replied. "You let emotion take you over when we deal with anything regarding him."

"Well, excuse me for acknowledging he's a fiend." The sniper sarcastically grumbled.

"This alliance is for a good cause. We have to put Kushiel away, or he'll continue to harm innocent people." Thea explained, trying to reach out to her rational self. "It's clear he's not mentally stable, plus he's tarnishing the Light Allegiance's image by playing judge, jury and executioner for us."

Maristella sighed. "I guess you're right. As long as I'm nowhere near that pig, I won't mind much. You should have informed me we'd have a meeting though."

Nereus approached Maristella and patted her on the shoulder. "We won't send you anywhere within a mile radius of that guy. We promise."

"Well, I'm going I guess. Just don't leave me uninformed about things." Maristella announced.

"See you next meeting then." Nereus commented, as the sniper opened the door and left. "... Hell truly hath no fury."

<><><><><>

At the Dark Allegiance's Headquarters in Prontera...

"Listen up, scourges!" Rajnish shouted at his guards. "I want every single one of you to guard every corner of this building with your life! That delusional bastard and his bots aren't getting through here!"

"Yes, sir!" The guards shouted in unison.

Lord Matthew, who was next to him, spoke in a low voice, so as not to be heard. "Are you paying them overtime?"

"The hell I am." Rajnish murmured, chuckling.

<><><><><>

Stay tuned to this thread for the date and time on the next event!

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
11-21-2015 12:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Best-Selling Newspaper

RE: Chronicles of Heroes ~ Judge, Jury, Executioner

Judge, Jury, Executioner ~ Collision

The corridors of the Dark Allegiance's hallways lay desolate. Not only did the traffic of people lower substantially, everything of value had been taken to a more safe location. Only those stationed to protect the building stood by, ever-brave, and ever-underpaid.

Every day that passed without Kushiel attacking the Dark Allegiance, was a day filled with tension, for some feared what he was planning. The Dark Allegiance's council refused to leave the building, as it would allegedly represent an act of cowardly surrender. They also had something in store for Kushiel, the Golemancer...

"What do you think?" Ciar asked, referring to a floating blue orb of energy that hovered in place. It created what could best be described as dancing purple lightning around it.

"Yeah, I think that's how we used to do it back in the day." Lord Matthew replied, stern-faced.

"He'll be in for a surprise if he even makes it that far." Rajnish commented, with a confident smirk.

<><><><><>

The next chapter in The Chronicles of Heroes is taking place this Thursday, December 10 at 8:00 PM server time.

Event Details:

Kushiel will attack Prontera and head for the Dark Allegiance's Headquarters in the southeast part of town.

[Image: prontera.png]

The accessible parts of the Dark Allegiance HQ contains 2 levels, divided into several rooms. To access the second floor, Kushiel would have to deactivate the crystals that are stationed in the four corners of the map. The heroes' job in this room is to stall The Golemancer as long as possible while the Dark Allegiance councilman Rajnish prepares for battle.

[Image: force_mapv5%202.png]

Once he manages to get to the second floor, the heroes' job is to fight him and lure him around the map to the Dark Side's duel arena, so Dark Council member Rajnish can ambush him and defeat him.

[Image: force_mapv5%201_2.png]

12-08-2015 01:53 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

MS paint for the win? Icon_smile

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
12-08-2015 02:07 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Update, forgot to mention:

Ciar will provide a maximum of 3 mass resurrections per floor (6 total), once the majority of players wipe and request it. If all players are defeated (no players are around to revive each other), Kushiel wins and does away with the Dark Allegiance Headquarters.

12-08-2015 09:18 AM
elendramear Offline

Um.... Currently on your second map there's no way to reach the arena...? (I think the dark allegiance needs to get better building planners) Also when you say "lure" kushiel to the arena, do you mean like in game lure? As in he won't be a player, instead he'll act like a normal agro mob?

Or will we loose if we all start backing up into the arena hoping he follows us and he doesn't?(because if he's a person why would he XD?)

Also will the event be starting in prontera city first? (like he shows up at one of the gates and then charges the headquarters, or warps into town in the center) or will it just be starting at the dark allegiance headquarters itsself? (so in floor 1 of the headquarters?)
And has this headquarters always been there? OwO I was never told about it in my dark allegiance training period XD can we keep the base there if we win? *w*

Love The Pet Maniac! Love If you have any questions about pets, or there's a pet you'd like feel free to ask me!No1 IGN: Kiki Raemtal, Tessara, Terrimi, Kali KiRin, Elendramear, and Kaira Niami. Also leader of the Gotta Catch 'em All! Guild.
12-08-2015 10:20 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Quote:Um.... Currently on your second map there's no way to reach the arena...? (I think the dark allegiance needs to get better building planners)?

There is a way to the Arena. Only one way there, but there are arrows there.

As for everything else, the GM mans can answer that better than I. x)

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-08-2015 11:03 AM
elendramear Offline

But there aren't any arrows connecting the arena all the way back to the stairs leading up from the first floor i mean. Like in the very center of the map it seems like there is an arrow missing? i think? XD;;

Love The Pet Maniac! Love If you have any questions about pets, or there's a pet you'd like feel free to ask me!No1 IGN: Kiki Raemtal, Tessara, Terrimi, Kali KiRin, Elendramear, and Kaira Niami. Also leader of the Gotta Catch 'em All! Guild.
12-08-2015 11:30 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

elendramear Wrote:Um.... Currently on your second map there's no way to reach the arena...? (I think the dark allegiance needs to get better building planners)
Fixed it. Their building planners need to stop writing maps at 2 AM is all. Icon_wink

Quote:Also when you say "lure" kushiel to the arena, do you mean like in game lure? As in he won't be a player, instead he'll act like a normal agro mob?

Or will we loose if we all start backing up into the arena hoping he follows us and he doesn't?(because if he's a person why would he XD?)

I'll be playing The Golemancer during the event. If I were you heroes, I'd think about what makes him tick and play with his mind. What I originally imagined when writing out the event details was the heroes retreating farther in as he (unknowingly) marched toward them, on to the ambush area.

Quote:Also will the event be starting in prontera city first? (like he shows up at one of the gates and then charges the headquarters, or warps into town in the center) or will it just be starting at the dark allegiance headquarters itsself? (so in floor 1 of the headquarters?)

It'll start in Prontera. He'll appear from either the east, west, or south entrance.

Quote:And has this headquarters always been there? OwO I was never told about it in my dark allegiance training period XD can we keep the base there if we win? *w*

Seeing as how the location was never really mentioned story-wise, I decided to have it be there. I'm not sure if the warps can stay there though. Icon_razz

12-08-2015 01:26 PM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Bump, the event is tonight at 8PM server!

12-10-2015 04:22 PM
Best-Selling Newspaper

Far from the haughty bustling Lighthalzen, on an island to its south, the whirrs and clinkering of machines shattered the silence of the overgrown ruins.

A professor, dressed in light blue, spoke through a device in his ear. "We're leaving for Prontera, Amaria. Final status report?"

A female, robotic voice replied through the device. "Running Diagnostics..." The system checked the scholar's machines for any problems. "No issues detected. The recent installment is fully functional."

"Perfect." He murmured, as he boarded his ship and departed from the abandoned laboratory. "Remember the commands."

"Commands already saved. Take care."

12-10-2015 08:31 PM