Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Super Suggestions List
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Super Suggestions List

It is my birthday, and since it is also the month of Christmas, I wanted to give my heRO wishlist for things I'd love to see changed/happen/etc.

This will be a big dump of things I've noticed over the past half year or so of playing here. Hopefully some of these suggestions I'm sharing others in the community can get behind as well. In no way, shape, or form am I expecting everything I ask to come true. But isn't it nice to dream? ^o^

1. Change the droprate on some equips.
This is my first one I wanted to mention since there are some items that have lower drop rates for what seemingly feel like weaker items in comparison to other hats. Fruit of Love, Observation Wings, Easter Basket and Rose Choker immediately come to mind. It feels like I'm best off using Bee Wings, Blank Card, Crooked Hat, and Easter Hat for most item collection.

Fruit of Love's Choco Tarts are lovely for SP healing, but I can get at least double, sometimes triple the number of Chocolates from Easter Hat, and that latter gear also drops OBB! Fruit of Love does drop Gift Boxes, but only if you're married, and still either way, has the drawback of potentially blinding you while you're attacking! Easter Hat has none of these issues, and it still irks me to this day.

Observation Wings have been so nerfed I don't even think they drop gold anymore. I have a +7 pair I have tried to use in Abyss, but nothing ever drops. The effect is pretty potent, so I understand that raising the rates may be out of the question but could considerations be made to have the drop changed perhaps? Maybe change it to Valentine Boxes + Magical Easter Eggs from any monster at a small chance? The chance can be a bit lower than if you were to wear Easter Basket/Rose Choker to balance the wings against the other equips.

Easter Basket/Rose Choker: The items inside each of these is not that much better than in GB's, but they never drop. I get more GB's in a run than I will ever get Magical Easter Eggs or Valentine Boxes.

2. Buff some custom hats
This probably deserves it's own topic. And maybe I will do that if there seems to be an interest at all in improving a bunch of various custom hats on the server. If I did so I'd mainly want to focus on custom quested and monster dropped hats. Here's a few of the custom quests hats that I'd like to see buffs for off hand.

-Bamboo Hat: Give another +5 flee at +7 or +8 refine.
-Avian Wings: Increase Flee bonus to 10-15?
-Stagvi/Deinlu: Provide the weight bonus similar to Light/Dark Helms? Or a Slot? Or combo with Gen 5/6 Wings?

3. Spiderweb Wings + Witch Hat/Purple Bat Hat Combo buffed to have Soul Strike 5.
Pretty self explanatory. At level 5, you will get a cast of 3 Soul Strikes putting it in line with the other elemental wings and their cast of 3 Bolts. Considering you have to have a combo to get this effect seems fair enough.

4. Witch Hat & Purple Bat Hat Buffs.
While we're on the subject about the Spiderweb Wings Combo, could we give the combo a small buff as well by changing Purple Bat Hat + With Hat to take the upper headgear slot only?

5. WoE Rewards NPC at Battlegrounds.
Self-explanatory. Since Battlegrounds now gives WoE rewards points, it'd be nice to have an easy way to utilize those points between fights.

6. Create a way to craft more Frozen Diadem[1]
Currently the Snow Queen quest can only be done once per account. I understand this is because you receive Light/Dark Allegiance Points at the end, but it's frustrating if you want to make more of the hat that the only way you can do so is by making another account.

The option to make more should exist without having to do the quest again on another account. I recommend it maybe being the same list as the items you turn in for the quest, but maybe toned down a little on a few ingredients. Here's my suggested list:

25x Skirt of Virgin, 100x Well-Baked cookies, 200x Ice Cream, 100x Glacial Heart, 25x Flame Heart, 5x Illusion Flower, 5x Snowflake

7. Monster Extermination Quest rewards more experience for completion.
This monthly repeatable quest gives less experience for completion than even a daily healer turn in or Brasilis Puppies repeatable. This is pitiful. The experience should be bumped to at least these other repeatables since more effort is involved to complete it.

8. Change Piamette's Drops
Currently I feel for the difficulty of the MvP that the drops are not really the best. My proposal for this is to maybe change them slightly. Maybe have her drop the Shaman Earrings + Shaman Ring by exchanging the Kafra Ring and Wicked Lily that she drops. The combo isn't too exciting these days, but might find some use among some players.

9. Add a Kafra, DB and Tool Dealer NPC to Poring City.
Adding these three NPC's would make this a viable town to save in. It's actually a very pretty town and adding these npc's would make it more accessible.

10. Warper Save at Poporing Island
Convenience mostly for those who do the quest so you don't have to talk to that Archangeling NPC each time you want to go visit the custom dungeon.

11. Fixes to Poring/Poporing island
Okay, for this one, a decent dungeon has at least one of the following:
-Good Loot (gears, cards, or misc. stuff to sell)
-Great Experience (base or job)
-Lots of Monsters to kill (keeps you on your toes)

Poring and Poporing Island both fail to have any of these three things. I understand these are suppose to be desirable party locations for certain levels, but other custom content or regular dungeons beat these two places out completely. Neko Island is a great dungeon because it's small and has the ability to give new players money. The easiest way to get the Poring and Poporing islands party viable would just have an increased monster spawn count there. I'm not sure what quantities of which monsters to raise, but something that would rock if its an option on the table! Of course, the other two options (better experience or buffing loot) shouldn't be discounted from discourse.

12. Stat enchantable poring hats!
Self-explanatory. Add a stat enchanting NPC to Poring Island somewhere to stat enchant the various 'ring hats. Maybe the price shouldn't be as steep as the armor enchanter. Perhaps 100-200k per attempt instead of 400k?

13. Ability to summon Emperium via NPC in the GvG room.
Found it kinda weird there is this GvG room and no way to summon an Emperium to add to the feel of the place. The option to spawn the Emperium at the center or in a random location would be ideal.

14. Remove Wrapped Mask chance from Hatter. Replace with new hats.
Replace with whatever hats you want here. Wrapped Masks are not so uncommon now with Poring Smash. Or at the very least, maybe add new masks to the Wrapped Mask to make this less of a disappointment when it is rolled at the hatter.

15. Add on the @refresh command.
This command is really nice to have when fixing position lag or refreshing dead cells from Ganbantein'ed Icewalls.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 05:11 PM by Aaronock.)
12-08-2015 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE: Super Suggestions List

(12-08-2015 05:09 PM)Aaronock Wrote:  5. WoE Rewards NPC at Battlegrounds.
Self-explanatory. Since Battlegrounds now gives WoE rewards points, it'd be nice to have an easy way to utilize those points between fights.

Add direct warper to BG location… you have a save/warper npc there but you don't have the option to warp there? WTF.

Add WSS to Bee wings.
Castle rotation anytime soon?

@Dani, it's your Bday… not going out or something? Maybe call Vietnam, you can "fix" his english.
12-08-2015 11:36 PM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

I remember throwing you a couple of these suggestions on skype. You know I agree with you already, Aaronock. I feel like the things you have suggested will help out the server a lot ;o

@Chaos: You may share your thoughts and feelings to the topic at hand, but keep the rude commentary that is not related to this thread to yourself, please. Thank you.

Edits: It should be fairly obvious that I don't use spellcheck by now.

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 12:15 AM by Summerstream.)
12-09-2015 12:10 AM
gianluca280395 Offline
Starved from coding

Sorry, I've got to disagree with no. 11. Both Poring and Poporing Isle gives a lot of exp, based on the difficulty of the monsters. I still think that they need to give less exp to keep the balance.
On the other hand we could have new drops from monsters there, it doesn't even need to be something good, but could be at least something since applerings only drop apples, foxring drops nothing.

chars:
Crazy Bandit - Stalker
Nurelion - Creator
(with his amistr Gobball :3)
Sarcedos Signat - High Priest
Rulindil - Star Gladiator
[Image: code_monkey_coffee_mug-ref73810428c94d21...pe=content]
12-09-2015 06:23 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

Hmmm, most of this seems fine but..

2. Stagvi/Deinlu: The fact those 2 helms have different stats already makes me say no to them having the weight bonus simply because you'd make everyone want to be light again (Yes, +1 dex can be THAT useful on a hat for reaching the 150 mark for a sniper and god knows ToH always had a ton of them...)

12. What + stat did you have in mind? I don't think it's a bad idea but the fact you could get + to dex with the 20% demon resist from the aquaring combo seems a bit too good to me... (at the same time, it seems a bit silly to say no just because of one specific hat :<)

(12-08-2015 11:36 PM)ChaosPrince Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 05:09 PM)Aaronock Wrote:  5. WoE Rewards NPC at Battlegrounds.
Add direct warper to BG location… you have a save/warper npc there but you don't have the option to warp there? WTF.

You might want to check the special section of the warper before you whine about stuff that's been in-game for years....

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
12-09-2015 11:25 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Quote:12. What + stat did you have in mind? I don't think it's a bad idea but the fact you could get + to dex with the 20% demon resist from the aquaring combo seems a bit too good to me... (at the same time, it seems a bit silly to say no just because of one specific hat :<)

Sounds like more a problem with the Aquaring+Aquaring Hat rather than the other way around (stat enchantment to Aquaring hat).

But the option on the table to keep some 'Ring hats from stat enchantment could always be an option if the combos are a problem.

12-09-2015 11:47 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Very nice list of suggestions, I don't have time to go into detail on each tonight, but know we are reading them.

Just a note about stagvi/deinlu, there's 4 of those hats in total, both allegiance offer a deinlu version and a stagvi version.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-12-2015 12:04 AM
Debris Offline
Equivalent Exchange

(12-08-2015 05:09 PM)Aaronock Wrote:  2. Buff some custom hats
-Avian Wings: Increase Flee bonus to 10-15?

Give it some p.dodge too =)

Caitlin
Disease, Debris, Shiranai
[Image: sblkpu.jpg]
12-12-2015 04:53 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

(12-12-2015 12:04 AM)GM-Pandora Wrote:  Very nice list of suggestions, I don't have time to go into detail on each tonight, but know we are reading them.

Just a note about stagvi/deinlu, there's 4 of those hats in total, both allegiance offer a deinlu version and a stagvi version.

Hmm that's actually decent then but probably want to give it only 400 weight instead of 600 so that there's still an actual choice to make Ok

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 07:02 PM by Gojira.)
12-12-2015 07:02 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hiya GM's!

I am bumping this post to see if there is any plans to implement any of my ideas or suggestions in the future.

Also, I want to add another suggestion. I'd love for our server to have the opportunity to rebuild the city of Morroc so that there isn't a giant hole in the town. It would be nice to have old Morroc back. With that, it'd be neat as well in some future quest or something to access Old Payon. Throwbacks are fun~

01-13-2016 04:45 PM