Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to play again, but..
Issues Offline

I want to play again, but..

The population seems so dead. The only people left are the ones who have always been rich or the ones who couldn't get rich while playing with everybody else that have finally caught up. Is it even worth coming back to play? I have absolutely nothing, so dumping time into grinding and getting items will be a pain.
12-27-2015 10:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: I want to play again, but..

I actually was thinking about this the other day.

But it's not that bad to get a start on heRO anymore.

1. Do the Brasilis Lost Puppies Quest and Item of the Day Quest every day till you are 90+ and have hit some comfortable job level (50+ generally).

2. Once you hit 85+ on any character sign up for WoE Rewards and try to earn yourself 60 points for the War Boots (Verit effect of 7% HP/SP).

3. If you cannot WoE, get to 89+ and start paying to join Battlegrounds for 3k Zeny for your first 100 matches. You will earn WoE Rewards Points there. Since you're BG'ing, pick up any other rewards that interest you that you can select at the time. The amount of points needed now for rewards is MUCH smaller than it use to be.

4. If you got the zeny, and some time you can forgo doing some of the dungeon quests by completing the repeatable Army Supply custom quest! Use this for unlocking Nameless or Mosco if you just absolutely hate doing those normal access quests.

5. Do the holiday quests if you can. You should do this on all characters for experience and the gears you can later sell. They also often offer the opportunity instead to pick up past gears of the same kind (Christmas Quest lets you pick up past Christmas gears for example). Use this to build an arsenal of items to help further assist you in getting levels and money.

6. Since you sound like you'll need zeny early on, farm places that give decent amounts of zeny + experience. This includes Moscovia Dungeon 3, Nameless Dungeon, and Rachel Sanctuary. You can also try your luck farming cards in Byalan 4 since someone always needs a Marc.

Anyway, best of luck to you if you decent to return to heRO! If you got other questions about playing here feel free to ask me here, via pm, or in game.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-27-2015 10:28 PM
Issues Offline

(12-27-2015 10:28 PM)Aaronock Wrote:  I actually was thinking about this the other day.

But it's not that bad to get a start on heRO anymore.

1. Do the Brasilis Lost Puppies Quest and Item of the Day Quest every day till you are 90+ and have hit some comfortable job level (50+ generally).

2. Once you hit 85+ on any character sign up for WoE Rewards and try to earn yourself 60 points for the War Boots (Verit effect of 7% HP/SP).

3. If you cannot WoE, get to 89+ and start paying to join Battlegrounds for 3k Zeny for your first 100 matches. You will earn WoE Rewards Points there. Since you're BG'ing, pick up any other rewards that interest you that you can select at the time. The amount of points needed now for rewards is MUCH smaller than it use to be.

4. If you got the zeny, and some time you can forgo doing some of the dungeon quests by completing the repeatable Army Supply custom quest! Use this for unlocking Nameless or Mosco if you just absolutely hate doing those normal access quests.

5. Do the holiday quests if you can. You should do this on all characters for experience and the gears you can later sell. They also often offer the opportunity instead to pick up past gears of the same kind (Christmas Quest lets you pick up past Christmas gears for example). Use this to build an arsenal of items to help further assist you in getting levels and money.

6. Since you sound like you'll need zeny early on, farm places that give decent amounts of zeny + experience. This includes Moscovia Dungeon 3, Nameless Dungeon, and Rachel Sanctuary. You can also try your luck farming cards in Byalan 4 since someone always needs a Marc.

Anyway, best of luck to you if you decent to return to heRO! If you got other questions about playing here feel free to ask me here, via pm, or in game.

Yeh, but I feel like dumping a lot of time in HeRO isn't rewarding. There's a small market and a smaller amount of farmers. HeRO is the greatest server I've ever played, with things like ToH being absolute staples. I was pretty well off when I was here, but got rid of everything about 3 years ago. I play other games hoping it will be as good as HeRO was but nothing will top it. Maybe I'll try my luck tomorrow with some leveling and see who I meet.
12-28-2015 12:02 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(12-28-2015 12:02 AM)Issues Wrote:  Yeh, but I feel like dumping a lot of time in HeRO isn't rewarding. There's a small market and a smaller amount of farmers. HeRO is the greatest server I've ever played, with things like ToH being absolute staples. I was pretty well off when I was here, but got rid of everything about 3 years ago. I play other games hoping it will be as good as HeRO was but nothing will top it. Maybe I'll try my luck tomorrow with some leveling and see who I meet.

The population is much smaller than it once was. But that doesn't mean the people here won't give you a hand if you ask for it. Or if you are looking for parties in certain ranges, you may find them getting together if you attempt to organize via #main.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-28-2015 12:39 AM
Menace651 Offline

(12-27-2015 10:09 PM)Issues Wrote:  The population seems so dead. The only people left are the ones who have always been rich or the ones who couldn't get rich while playing with everybody else that have finally caught up. Is it even worth coming back to play? I have absolutely nothing, so dumping time into grinding and getting items will be a pain.

Not to be the voice of negativity but the server has really slowed down in the past 2-3 years. Like Aaronock pointed out you are pretty much going to be doing quests and solo'ing from levels 1-88. Parties are pretty much non-existent and the economy has stalled. But its to be expected from a server that is 10 years old and really hasn't gotten any new content updates.

But the GM's are still very active and we still have plenty of fun events.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2015 01:50 AM by Menace651.)
12-28-2015 01:49 AM
Issues Offline

(12-28-2015 01:49 AM)Menace651 Wrote:  
(12-27-2015 10:09 PM)Issues Wrote:  The population seems so dead. The only people left are the ones who have always been rich or the ones who couldn't get rich while playing with everybody else that have finally caught up. Is it even worth coming back to play? I have absolutely nothing, so dumping time into grinding and getting items will be a pain.

Not to be the voice of negativity but the server has really slowed down in the past 2-3 years. Like Aaronock pointed out you are pretty much going to be doing quests and solo'ing from levels 1-88. Parties are pretty much non-existent and the economy has stalled. But its to be expected from a server that is 10 years old and really hasn't gotten any new content updates.

But the GM's are still very active and we still have plenty of fun events.

The problem with RO in general is the fact the population grew up and into other games. Once people could afford their own computers, they dropped playing RO because their old crappy computer that could only run a few games is no longer a bottleneck. I played Ragnarok because my machine ran it well, but not many other games. I need to figure out which class I want to play. I've played them all, but I don't know what would be most fun. Hunter was always fun to solo on, Assassin was more of a grind, Knight requires more potions than any other class, Alchemist is solid with the Homunculus quest, but a pain pre-homunculus, Blacksmith is too much money for a fresh start, Rogue is a grind, but dagger would be solid for farming zeny, Crusader is boring to me, and casters have never been my forte.
12-28-2015 02:37 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

#main for Matinee, he'll instantly become your best friend if you join his guild and make you feel you owe him everything Icon_smile
12-28-2015 03:50 PM