Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slotted Mids
janey Offline

Slotted Mids

I'm not sure if this has been brought up or suggested, but I was wondering if it's possible to get a wider selection for slotted mids? As far as I'm aware, there's currently slotted glasses and sunnies, but maybe there are others that I don't know of. It'd be nice if there's more to choose from -- slotted elvens, angel/devil wing ears, etc. It's just a thought from someone who loves cute headgears.
Icon_biggrin

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.

IGN: janey, ~janey~, xxjaneyxx, oxjaneyox, xojaneyxo, -janey-, =janey=, janeypoo

01-03-2016 01:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE: Slotted Mids

No thanks, especially if you're going to suggest mids with stats...

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
01-03-2016 02:26 PM
Menace651 Offline

There have been special slotted/carded mids that have been sold/rewarded in the past at special events. But normally the only obtainable ones are glasses and sun glasses.

Although i would like to see more cool mids the problem is that they would have to be implmented and balanced against the current obtainable mids. Also there are a lot of people who have already carded their mids with valuable MVP/Mini boss cards. Implmenting new mids with stats now would render those mids obsolete and cause a lot of butthurt to people who have already slotted their MVP cards into the current mids.

The mids would have to have no stats or we would to implment a card removal npc so people could remove the cards from their old gears.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
01-03-2016 02:39 PM
janey Offline

Just the same as slotted sunnies or glasses... I'm not asking for stats, just a wider selection of what's available. And why not?

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.

IGN: janey, ~janey~, xxjaneyxx, oxjaneyox, xojaneyxo, -janey-, =janey=, janeypoo

01-03-2016 02:40 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I think Janey is trying to say if they do have stats that the slotted version wouldn't have them.
But either way, this ugly mids problem can be resolved once we get costume items available to the public. :D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-03-2016 04:10 PM
janey Offline

(01-03-2016 04:10 PM)Aaronock Wrote:  I think Janey is trying to say if they do have stats that the slotted version wouldn't have them.
But either way, this ugly mids problem can be resolved once we get costume items available to the public. :D
Yes, that's what I mean. Thanks, Aaronock! Love
I had no idea we were getting costume items, which would indeed resolve the current situation of limited selection! Can't wait!

01-04-2016 08:26 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

(01-03-2016 02:39 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  Although i would like to see more cool mids the problem is that they would have to be implmented and balanced against the current obtainable mids. Also there are a lot of people who have already carded their mids with valuable MVP/Mini boss cards. Implmenting new mids with stats now would render those mids obsolete and cause a lot of butthurt to people who have already slotted their MVP cards into the current mids.

In my own humble opinion, let them be butthurt. Almost all of my so called "PVP" gear was made pretty much obsolete by BG gears, but I don't see too much butthurt over that. Orcus gears made a good amount of gearing options sub-optimal.

I know that change is generally slow on heRO, but having new and better gear doesn't mean you have to scrap the old gears.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
01-04-2016 02:22 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

+1 to card removal system
01-04-2016 06:31 PM
Menace651 Offline

(01-04-2016 02:22 PM)The Legendary Joe Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 02:39 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  Although i would like to see more cool mids the problem is that they would have to be implmented and balanced against the current obtainable mids. Also there are a lot of people who have already carded their mids with valuable MVP/Mini boss cards. Implmenting new mids with stats now would render those mids obsolete and cause a lot of butthurt to people who have already slotted their MVP cards into the current mids.

In my own humble opinion, let them be butthurt. Almost all of my so called "PVP" gear was made pretty much obsolete by BG gears, but I don't see too much butthurt over that. Orcus gears made a good amount of gearing options sub-optimal.

I know that change is generally slow on heRO, but having new and better gear doesn't mean you have to scrap the old gears.

I couldnt agree more Joe. We should add more gears and content. It would keep players interested and kick the economy up again. It's always a challenge to add new gears or content to an MMO while keeping existing gears relevant but it's part of a successful MMORPG.

l used to spend countless hours raiding and farming for top gears on MMOs and RPGs like WoW and Diablo2 just to have all that gear become useless when they released an expansion or update. But it made the game more exciting and added more gameplay trying to get to the next tier.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
01-04-2016 06:45 PM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

We're not planning on more slotted mids yet, but cosmetic ones (like costumes) we will consider, at the very least for Fairy Auction.

Menace651 Wrote:We should add more gears and content. It would keep players interested and kick the economy up again. It's always a challenge to add new gears or content to an MMO while keeping existing gears relevant but it's part of a successful MMORPG.

We're working on some new stuff and have countless ideas for future content. Right now the only thing I can think of that is left for Scaraba hole and Byalan's latest floor is to add the warps, spawns and gear scripts to the server. The Dewata mobs have been done since last ToH, just need to add them for testing, as well as the spawns, access NPCs, etc. My next focus for adding official content after that will be the new floors of the Guild Dungeons.

On the more custom side, we've got the new cards and modified official card scripts around, just have to add them to the test server for a very long testing session.

Sorry we've been a bit slow with adding new content, but everything must be tested to ensure we don't mess up. :P

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
01-05-2016 02:22 AM