Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Chronicle of Heroes ~ Of Fiends and Shadows
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

RE: The Chronicle of Heroes ~ Of Fiends and Shadows

Chronicle of Heroes ~ Death of a Leader

A massive incursion was mounted by Eudoxie and Ostellos earlier today. Hordes of all sorts of fiends and zombies attempted to cross the Geffen Bridges, but Adelaide's troops and heroes of all kinds held them back. However, Eudoxie managed to enter Geffen Dungeon via a cave north of the orc fields and take the remaining mirror fragment.

Adelaide and her troops chased after Eudoxie and Ostellos, but were stopped in their tracks at the field east of the city. The conjurer and Adelaide battled fiercely, but the latter was no match for such dark magic power. By the time the dark conjurer was done with the lady knight, Geffen City had been overrun by all manner of fiendish creatures.

Before going unconscious, the fallen agent ordered her troops to proceed with Plan B, which turned out to be an airship strike upon both Geffen bridges. The battle ships destroyed the bridges, preventing any more fiends from entering.

Adelaide Adlersflugel died at the Geffen General Hospital hours later. Her wife and now new head of the Anti Terrorism Task Force, Agent Selene Winterfield, thanked everyone who stood by her side, and asked to be given some time alone.

After the attack, a deathly silence reigned over the battered city of Geffen. It was short-lived however, as it was shattered by a powerful earthquake that originated in Glast Heim. The ruins were covered by a veil of darkness, and so far, both chivalry troops sent to the ruins have not come out alive.

Everyone's greatest fears have been realized: Dark Lord has been liberated.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Chronicle of Heroes ~ Cataclysm

Tonight, tragedy struck the Lutia region once again. Shortly before midnight, the sky around the region was lit up by what seemed like a normal meteor shower. Then, fire rained down, decimating all it struck.

Lutie and Crystal Shore suffered little damage, but everything to the east was essentially obliterated.

As to the cause of this incident, it was confirmed that Eudoxie and what seemed to be Dark Lord appeared in Kaldheim during the night, and the fiend unleashed some kind of massive spell shortly after. Apparently, still humiliated and reeling from her defeat at the Siege of Lutia, Eudoxie wanted to make an example out of the region.

It is currently unknown just how many died in the cataclysm, but rescue efforts are already underway.

- - - - - - -

"So what you're saying is, she obliterated a country without so much as notifying me, or even considering the use Kaldheim would have had as a stronghold." Ostellos told Lord Matthew. It was clear from the scholar's tone that he was very much unhappy.

The crimson lord knight nodded. "I just thought you should know. I think she's back now, anyway."

"Tell her I want to talk to her."

"Alright."

Just then, Eudoxie nonchalantly walked into the room and spoke up. "I'm here, no need to find me."

Lord Matthew started walking off. "I'll take my leave then, Reilinn and I must meet with the remaining troops."

Eudoxie raised her eyebrow at the scholar. "What did you want me for?"

"I heard about Lutia." He began, but was interrupted by the woman, who had a sinisterly smile.

"Great, that's why I came here. Now they know not to mess with us, if it wasn't already clear before."

Ostellos sighed, disappointed. "You don't get it. This planet's energy is harmful to Dark Lord's. He must recover. He'll probably be weary for days because of your little request for fireworks."

Eudoxie's expression instantly changed to an upset one. "It sent a message!! Even if he takes a week to recover, now they know what we can do. Their fear makes him stronger!" She didn't like that the scholar wasn't appreciative of her actions.

"You didn't even talk to me about it. I would have suggested we use Kaldheim as a stronghold. But no, pride first!" The scholar shouted. "It got you killed last time, and it'll get you killed again if you don't keep it in check."

The woman scoffed furiously, walking away. "We'll talk later, I can't even listen to you right now." Having heard it all, a figure behind a wall crushed a butterfly wings with his hands, warping away before being seen.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Thanks for joining the event, and sorry for the few technical and IRL difficulties that delayed it!

Out of 4 parts, Encroaching Shadows, Infiltration, Dark Impetus and Ethereal Vortices, the heroes succeeded in only the last 2!

Regarding Encroaching Shadows' failure, the fiends got through on the west bridge once, and then again on both bridges when Eudoxie was sighted and players left their posts!

As for infiltration, Ostellos was found and stopped just outside the field entrance to Geffen Dungeon F4 (gef_dun03), but Eudoxie wasn't found! She was in Geffen Dungeon F2 (gef_dun02).

All MVPs were killed on time on the other 2 parts.

There will be a patch released some time tomorrow to complement tonight's reboot and apply the proper changes to Geffen, and Geffen Fields 00, 04, and 07.

The end of the current story arc is ever closer! Stay tuned to this thread for more updates!

[Image: screenheRO-Server481_1.jpg]

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
04-23-2017 12:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
30 Days - The Midgard Times - 05-11-2016, 02:22 PM
30 Days - The Midgard Times - 05-24-2016, 12:16 PM
Mystra's Castle - The Midgard Times - 07-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Fragments of Shadows - The Midgard Times - 07-21-2016, 08:09 PM
Blast from the Past - The Midgard Times - 07-29-2016, 12:44 AM
Siege at the Mountain - The Midgard Times - 08-19-2016, 12:05 AM
Fuel to the Fire - The Midgard Times - 08-23-2016, 02:41 PM
Bound By Fate - The Midgard Times - 09-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Furtive Action - The Midgard Times - 10-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Unlikely Allies - The Midgard Times - 10-15-2016, 02:20 PM
Halloween Consequences - The Midgard Times - 11-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Fear In Disguise - The Midgard Times - 11-19-2016, 11:22 AM
All The Snooping - The Midgard Times - 11-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Three of Four - The Midgard Times - 11-27-2016, 11:11 PM
Midgard News Update - The Midgard Times - 01-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Siege of Lutia - The Midgard Times - 04-03-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: The Chronicle of Heroes ~ Of Fiends and Shadows - The Midgard Times - 04-23-2017 12:35 AM