Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Storage Ease of Access
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

Storage Ease of Access

Issue: Being able to quickly locate items in storage that are commonly used. As the storage
grows bigger, this becomes a more difficult task.

All right, here's what I know so far about the storage system on renewal client:

A. Items are sorted by Item ID by default. Players cannot change this.
B. "Sort" will sort the items Alphabetically. If used again, it will revert to Item ID.
C. During a new session (just open storage), any sent Item with new ID will be put on the bottom of list in respective category.
D. Holding Alt and using Right Click on an item in either storage or inventory will transfer the item instantly along with its full quantity if weight allows.
E. "Search" function is case-sensitive and will find every item that has the exact arranged character keys that you enter.
Ex:Typing "ol" will find items "Gold" and "Alcohol."
F. Once storage is closed, it will then re-sort all items by Item ID. This will move them.

I have two ways I've dealt with this:

A. Sort alphabetically each time you open storage and scroll to the item.
This is what I used to do, but my storage glossary got even bigger.

B. Type in search for each item you want.
This does help find the items you want, and only gets faster with time. Left-handed shift key'd 3 letter typing ftw.

Here is a solution that would require an edit:

Allow items, in the search box, to be multi-searched.

For example, if you were trying to get commonly used items for a class, such as Fly Wings, Awakening Potions, Butterfly Wings, Quivers, and Arrows, you could type in the search box:

"Fly Wing, Awakening Potion, Butterfly Wing, Steel Quiver, Steel Arrow"

Another one: change sort and disable auto arrange upon exit unless sort option is enabled. If the player clicks Sort, items would store how they do now, and if they press it again, it makes storage like it was before renewal when you could manually arrange items by pulling / plugging.

Thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2016 04:36 AM by sheam.)
04-01-2016 04:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply