Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Queen Scaraba Card - effect useless
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Queen Scaraba Card - effect useless

First of all, you can believe it or not, i already wanted to open a discussion to suggest a better effect for Queen Scaraba Card; the fact i got it yesterday night doesnt play in my favor but please believe me.

So, the card in question has the current effet:
Increase damage against Scaraba enemies by 30%, weapon card (the sp gain when killing insect is even more negligible).

Its more useless than Drake. Its similar to Skoll MVP card but skoll is way more powerful (armor card, +30% dmg to earth element, chance to autocast firebolt 10 when being hit) and Skoll have a better respawn time paired with a lesser health as mvp (but his atk is higher than the Queen Scaraba). It doesnt change the fact that Skoll too is perfectly soloable. I two-hit-ko it with 2 lex and 2 asura.

So, Skoll is a mvp card, but Pumpkinring isnt. Pumpkinring Card's effect is: dmg +30% on every Poring type monster, including mvp.
Targeting every Poring type creature is already a much more wide pool of monsters than the Queen Scaraba's +30% dmg on scarabas, that are only 5 enemies (im not counting the eggs).
And those enemies are already no problem to kill, why make a card to increase dmg against them, a mvp card even!

Im not sure if i have to write a Whining tread instead of a Suggestion but i guess a suggestion is appropriate, lol.

I demand (and suggest) a different effect for Queen Scaraba Card.

Here some of my suggestions: (not in any particular order)
- shield card, resistance to neutral attacks +20% and +5% dmg against neutral property: this shield card effect was originally on tatacho and draco had our tatacho effect but here tatacho is about earth element and draco is about fire element. I think it was changed because the neutral shield card of this type is considered very strong, so given we still miss something with this effect i suggest to make Queen Scaraba card have the neutral -20%/+5%. as a shield card.

- headgear card, immunity to Stop skill, to Slow Cast skill and Critical Wounds Skill: there isnt a single thing that defend from Stop skill (the centipede one that locks you in the spot). Stop is really annoying, in many cases it forces you to flywing/teleport or accept death fate, because you are moving and being stopped gets you overwhelmed by the monsters you are walking away from. The same for SlowCast and Critical Wounds, there isnt anything to resist them and are only annoying. I dont think a mvp card with this effect would be gamebreaking. There are already cards to became immune to stun, freeze, curse, sleep, etcetera.

- armor card, +30% dmg against wind element, 3% chance of cast lv5 heavens drive when the user is hit. Similar to Skoll card, but being Queen Scaraba an earth element shes effective against wind plus heavens drive is her major spell so if Skoll casts firebolt, she casts HD.

I like the similar skoll effect, because it would still be not-so-powerful because there are very few wind monsters and even fewer are interesting to hunt (i already can hunt then very well so it still doesnt change the fact i got the card).

There are already more viable cards to increase +20% damage on insects (caramel, very easy to hunt), +20% on earth element (kaho) and size cards to deal more dmg on scaraba monsters.

I want to hear more ideas and suggestions and opinions from you guys! And mainly from GMs!

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 09:52 AM by The Roger.)
08-11-2016 05:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demogorgon Offline
Awesome

RE: Queen Scaraba Card - effect useless

(08-11-2016 05:35 AM)The Roger Wrote:  First of all, you can believe it or not, i already wanted to open a discussion to suggest a better effect for Queen Scaraba Card; the fact i got it yesterday night doesnt play in my favor but please believe me.

First of all, lol

I feel your Frustration (having useless MVP Cards myself) but to be fair there are a bunch of weak to useless MVP Cards out there and tons of people that have those.

Buffing any of these bc of being useless will result in other people being pissed or asking for Buffs.

The Loot table for Scarab was also completely public and you decided that it was worth it hunting scarab anyways, asking for a cardbuff now is awesomeIcon_biggrin
(espacially suggesting effects Icon_smile )

All i can do is say nice try roger and unwrap the popcorn for an awesome thread Icon_wink

PS:Gratz

If you stare into the Abyss there's a 1d20 chance that 2d4 lesser Tanari'i
stare back at you
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 09:07 AM by Demogorgon.)
08-11-2016 09:03 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Queen Scaraba effect is custom here and its totally possible it could not be right.

Drake card is more useful than this for example, even with the existence of Weapon Perfection.

And its real: i really wanted to make a similar tread, i was already thinking to effects to suggest and discuss, i really didnt expect to get it X_X

I checked all the other custom mvp cards, them all have good effects, why this has to be useless? Because it is useless. :o

PS: i dont and wont complain if i get drake card, or when i got my archangeling card; those are official effects.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 09:21 AM by The Roger.)
08-11-2016 09:20 AM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

I'm just going to leave this here...

Roger, you had literal months to voice your opinion on the cards before they were even put out for testing. Where was this feedback then?

That being said, the effect was majorly left unchanged. 30% damage to the mobs found in Scaraba.

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 09:36 AM by Summerstream.)
08-11-2016 09:34 AM
GM-Garr Offline
Local friendly code monkey

My opinion is somewhat close to Summerstream's up there. Poll was there for quite some time, and I do know that Ciar followed most (if not all) of suggestions he found eligible.

Moreso, effect is in fact close(ish) to official card, you can see its effect in the thread link was given above.
30% more damage to scaraba is official. Maybe tweak SP gain/drain to increase them, but then again summoning antler scaraba as slave is not worth much either in my eyes.

So, in short: Only if tweak SP gain. Leave everything else as is.

Also, just mentioning this, my opinion is NOT opinion of whole GM team. They might and will have their own that may differ.

Want to help HeRO with new content? Join the T&D Team!

For info on the server, check out the HeRO wiki.
To see your ingame account, visit the Control Panel.
If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to submit a Support Ticket.

And don't forget:
Not all dragons are bad...
08-11-2016 09:47 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(08-11-2016 09:34 AM)Summerstream Wrote:  I'm just going to leave this here...

Dammit, i wasnt playing much that time (i opened few BBs back in september 2015 when i got gtb), i had little possibility to play infact i stopped until summer (the season) so i didnt know about the poll, but i know my fault i did not check frequently the forum back in those days.

...but i have a thing to say: Scaraba dungeon was released a couple months ago, right? and the poll/discussion was done at the end of 2015/ beginnings of 2016 right? (i see only a couple Ciar's posts regarding some details after but i dont think it matter).
How the majority of ppl can say if Queen Scaraba Card is balanced/useful/useless if the dungeon and its monsters arent yet explored/tried by them? We, majority of ppl whos not in the devteam of testers, must decide if something is good only by mere numbers on the chart? Okay, its possible to notice if something is extremely broken just reading it but now that i explored the dungeon i came to conclusion that "for mid-gears players and the right approach, they are easy", so why the mvp card of their queen has an afterall negligible effect?

Making a weapon 3 slot carded with triple caramel for +60% dmg on them for less than some mil in zeny value for those cards, or go up to what, 70% dmg, making it double caramel card plus queen scaraba, a MVP one? for only a 10% that would work on like easy monsters? Monsters whos better fight magically because fire magic literally destroy them?

And caramel cards works on every insect x_x

I think its better late than never: its plausible that something has to be a bit reworked after the release, its not possible make everything always perfect at the start.

PS: when i looked for her card on rms, i didnt find it, because i wasnt searching RENEWAL; i see now that the 30% on scarabs i offy, but IN RENEWAL x_x
The +30% dmg on scarabas works fine (i guess) in RENEWAL, but renewal RO its like a different game, totally reworked mechanics.

Many things were changed/buffed/nerfed (mostly nerfed) after the release (BB chance of crooked hat, monsters with no slave respawn or with unkillable slaves (read here Spare card)) so im suggesting to adapt the Queen Scaraba Card for giving it an effect proud of a MVP, not for a strange Caramel card v2.0.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 12:02 PM by The Roger.)
08-11-2016 11:38 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

There's so much to go through here, but I'll try to make my post as short as possible.

There's plenty of MVP or Miniboss cards that have not-so-wonderful effects, such as Moonlight Flower, Drake, Archangeling, and Hydro. New MVP Cards do not have to be the greatest thing out there each time one is released.

The Poll for the new cards was there for a while, and after a quick skim of it, only one person out of many posted their concerns for queen scaraba. No further complaints were voiced once the SP-Gain-Upon-Kill effect was added to the effects.

The Roger Wrote:shield card, resistance to neutral attacks +20% and +5% dmg against neutral property

That type of effect will be taken by a future card from the bifrost region.

The Roger Wrote:The +30% dmg on scarabas works fine (i guess) in RENEWAL, but renewal RO its like a different game, totally reworked mechanics.

+30% damage is still +30% damage in renewal or non-renewal... :P

The Roger Wrote:Scaraba dungeon was released a couple months ago, right? and the poll/discussion was done at the end of 2015/ beginnings of 2016 right?

Scaraba mobs and the MVP which dropped cards and unusable gear were being spawned since November to see how players fared against it. Actually, a month after scaraba dungeon was opened the cards were still not released and I posted on the thread in case people had any more feedback. The cards were released 3 months after scaraba hole was opened.

If it were only up to me, I wouldn't change the card, sorry. There's a ton of new card and gear on the test server section which is currently being discussed. Once the effects seem acceptable enough, there will be another public poll thread for everyone discuss their effects.

Note: this post is purely my opinion as a GM, not the opinion of the GM Team in general.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
08-11-2016 01:01 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(08-11-2016 01:01 PM)GM-Ciar Wrote:  There's plenty of MVP or Miniboss cards that have not-so-wonderful effects, such as Moonlight Flower, Drake, Archangeling, and Hydro. New MVP Cards do not have to be the greatest thing out there each time one is released.
Im definetely with it but if we all agree Skoll card is right, then my last suggestion to make a similar card regarding wind element could be acceptable. Achangeling is fine, its offy for pre-re, hydro and drake too, moonie is just really old so its normal to became a bit obsolete.

(08-11-2016 01:01 PM)GM-Ciar Wrote:  Roger wrote...:
[shield card, resistance to neutral attacks +20% and +5% dmg against neutral property]

That type of effect will be taken by a future card from the bifrost region.

Oh ok, its good then.

(08-11-2016 01:01 PM)GM-Ciar Wrote:  Roger wrote...:
[The +30% dmg on scarabas works fine (i guess) in RENEWAL, but renewal RO its like a different game, totally reworked mechanics.]

+30% damage is still +30% damage in renewal or non-renewal... Icon_razz

Yes but here going physical against them isnt the best choice. Its not even a poor choice: is the worst, imo. In renewal they take much more damage from physical, they have much more hp, deal much more damage and the damn mechanics are all different XD I see viable only Ice Pick if you choose to fight our scarabas physically. If not, fire magics destroys them.

(08-11-2016 01:01 PM)GM-Ciar Wrote:  Scaraba mobs and the MVP which dropped cards and unusable gear were being spawned since November to see how players fared against it. Actually, a month after scaraba dungeon was opened the cards were still not released and I posted on the thread in case people had any more feedback. The cards were released 3 months after scaraba hole was opened.

Imho spawning mobs in prontera plaza isnt a good way to get realiable feedbacks and analysis about them. First months after opening the dungeon i guess there was no feedbacks because those mobs are... not so interesting afterall.
The little onehorned and twohorned are fine i think, with one dropping imperial spear, but Antler and Rake if they are being killed its for their exp. And you know how? Mobbing as many as possible under Meteor Storm spam.

I once thought to try mob the entire map and kill them all in one session using EDP GT sinx, but just for fun because it wouldnt yield great things. Yeah, the green whistle is cool, the new red bag is a new red bag but, do you see my point?

Now thinking about the high def of scarabas, ponder about adding the effect of ignoring scaraba monsters defence, so it is legitimate the +30% physical dmg:
Queen Scaraba Card: +30% physical damage against scaraba monsters, Ignore physical defence of Scaraba monsters, regain 5 sp every time an insect monster is killed.
What about this? Icon_smile

PS: uhm, i might ask to enter into the test team xD

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 02:34 PM by The Roger.)
08-11-2016 02:32 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

The Sword Scarabas die very fast to melee Roger. Icon_sad

For Floor 2, I'd not try to melee them with most classes because its mobby as heck and I never have a priest ;D

Also, I've gone to farm Floor 2 not with MS spam, but with SG/NV/Waterball. Sure, MS spam is pretty good but I still wouldn't call it the best farming method for a party there. SS and Fire Dragon are more reliable damage. Meaning the best mobbers there are sniper, ninja, and rogue/stalker. Icon_razz

(08-11-2016 02:32 PM)The Roger Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 01:01 PM)GM-Ciar Wrote:  There's plenty of MVP or Miniboss cards that have not-so-wonderful effects, such as Moonlight Flower, Drake, Archangeling, and Hydro. New MVP Cards do not have to be the greatest thing out there each time one is released.
Im definetely with it but if we all agree Skoll card is right, then my last suggestion to make a similar card regarding wind element could be acceptable. Achangeling is fine, its offy for pre-re, hydro and drake too, moonie is just really old so its normal to became a bit obsolete.

There are lots of other great old mvp's with some of the most broken card effects in the game. Dark Lord and GTB come immediately to mind.

Personally see no reason to change or buff the MvP card since it is basically the same as its renewal counterpart. We should be careful with effects anyway so as to not cause issue.

Though your wind card idea could be a good one for another custom mvp, but I don't see why it must be Queen Scaraba who has that effect.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 07:00 PM by Aaronock.)
08-11-2016 07:00 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(08-11-2016 07:00 PM)Aaronock Wrote:  the best mobbers there are sniper, ninja, and rogue/stalker. Icon_razz

Already tried SharpShooting: they cast Defender. Im talking about damage dealers, not mobbers: everyone is capable to mob rake/antler scarabas Icon_razz

Really, it seems that they was made very hard to kill physically melee/ranged (especially ranged), yet the mvp card gives more physical dmg against them, for only +10% than caramel card.

Im coming to think that the problem is in the Rake/Antler Scaraba: remove defender from the scarabas then, or set it at lv 1. Why you wont open a possibility to go there and farm them without use of fire magics?

PS: why rogue/stalker?

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 08:29 PM by The Roger.)
08-11-2016 08:15 PM