Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Essential Equipment to Hunt
Spire Offline

RE: Essential Equipment to Hunt

Okay, so, I've acquired most of the things on the list (as I am more of an older player and have access to stuff to sell/ characters to farm on) either by buying them or having them from playing before.

Things I still have to work on: Aquiring the physical shields (valk shields as suggested by Namine), weapon cards (Drainliars for selkies is high on my priority list), weapons to put the cards in, weapon for use while being a lure.

As far as my leveling area is concerned... I know there are much better spots to gain xp, and honestly the xp from Orc dungeon 2 admittedly is pretty terrible. I don't want to invest to much money on trying to get from 70% into 96 -> 99. I've only got a few hours to play 6 days a week and I'm averaging around 10-15% a day (more now that I've been doing the healers quests got around 22% yesterday) as well as an orc skeleton card a day (again average, I've been rather lucky the past few days) Its also a fantastically easy place to get cards/experience, as it is a low stress environment for me to decompress after a long day at work. But I also know myself and after a few weeks of grinding here I will probably get burned out from it. (No matter how many episodes of supernatural I watch while grinding Laugh )
I plan on doing a few dungeon entry quests today (once I get home) in order to supplement my xp gain. As I can stay up a little later than usual, and will have the time to do so.

More of a personal question regarding equipment. Since it is rather unlikely that I will be able to participate in the ToH events due to my work schedule and timezones, this is more of eventual thing. (IE: I gotta find people to sell me the vouchers and save the funds for them)

Are the gen 6 wings regarded as the penultimate armor+lower headgear slot for Paladin? I know that it's increadbly time consuming (and expensive) to earn them. I already have a few good armor slot items to throw around (Bathory carded armor/marc armor) so it's more of a question of general purpose.

As far as I know the double wing effect would make goat carded wings ( If there isn't a better all around good card to put in them for paladins, barring an MVP card) have them grant a staggering 16 def and 20 mdef, as well as the increased health and other benifits.

I'm hoping to get into a party to give me the last boost I need to get to 99, I've got a few battle manuals saved up in the event that someone hosts a mini-muspel (I might not be a fantastic lure yet, but I can still heal slave, and as someone who has played a HP in the past, I imagine that I would be a welcome addition to a larger party.)

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
05-20-2017 03:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Isis (and the Occaisional Ancient Mummy if you can handle it) are a nice upgrade to the Orc Skels for exp, though not quite as nice as the places Namine mentioned earlier. Hidden Dungeon is nice as well, with the Bapho Jrs, and and all the annoying things that place comes with, though it's mobby and you might find yourself wasting SP healing all the time. I think I've seen some GC saders leveling in Niflheim somewhere on youtube, Loli ruri's being the main target, but provoke makes Bloody murderers much more managable.

I can highly recommend using a Hodremlin Card if you don't want a Race shield for everything. +15% Resist to Small, Medium, and Large Size monsters and a chance to boost Pdodge when hit. Racials will still be superior if you know you're going up against one specific race (and horn's stronger than that for ranged damage), but lazy shield is super. Especially in places like Hidden dungeon where There's mobs of many types of races that aren't specifically ranged.

Flower Wings might be an option to look into for starter gears. Their main focus is Mdef, as you get 20 mdef from them, but their base 6 def isn't to be shyed away from because they can be Refined, and the Double Wing Effect applies there too. Every Refine on them counts as 2 Refines worth of def~. Only downside is the crazy flower Lady won't give you another pair on the character you made them on. SHe's got such a stylish Cutin, but there's not much incentive to go back to her once you got what you came for Mad
[Edit: Didn't realize Namine already suggested it]

Depending on how you're trying to gear it for, I think most pallies tend to go more Utilitarian. I am addicted to Snowier cards and the Ice Creams they farm, so I'm kind of restricted to Marc or ED, Or anything else that makes me Unfreezable like the Glorious Armor set. Other options include stuff like Peco Peco for that +10% Max HP. The + atk and HP boost from Echio card is nice, Porcellio is more glass-cannony.

Holy Property would be Ideal for GC saders, but they only have 3 Options in that regard.
Angeling card- Miniboss, and with your limited schedule, probably not going to happen.
Archdam Card combo- Needs the full set equipped,Other cards Include Freezer, heater, Permeter.
The last is having a team of a Priest and at least 2 other aco-types, and get the priest to use B.S.Sacrementi to enchant your armor with the holy property for a time. Sadly, hard to find anyone with this skill due to the reliance on having 3 aco's in the same party at the same time, standing right next to each other.

For PVP purposes, Evil Druid is quite nice on Crusader due to your Faith Skill pretty much halving the damage of holy attacks (not that we see much of them, but it's nice to have), as well as immunity to Freeze and Stone Curse.You're still vunerable to fire and I've seen some Shennanigans with Napalm vulcan. Just Be aware that wearing Bathory or Evil Druid while you're GC-ing will make you take Even more damage from your HOLY Grand Cross.

I'm not sure if it's still like it on this SVN, but I think I remember shield reflect breaking stuff out of statuses from Status Armors like Pest or Sasquatch.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2017 05:30 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-20-2017 05:15 AM
Spire Offline

Hodrimlin card! Geeze I've been racking my brain all week trying to remember if there was a 'take less damage from everything' shield card, I was looking for something more multipurpose for a cross shield. Thanks for the reminder!

I tried to do niff yesterday a little but I didn't have much success (It was much faster to gain xp, but the amount of consumables it was taking to survive was a little high with my non-trans gear being kinda meh) I'll give Isis' a shot tonight to see how that goes.

Yeah, as far as armor cards go I doubt I'll be able to get an angeling card anytime soon (I think the money to buy one would be better spent on other equips in my case) I've been looking into Peco Peco, and baring any insainly good cards, I might default to it. I mentioned using ToH wings with goat in my last post, but I honestly think I should get something else for short term, I do have Bathory armor, but I don't use it when I'm grandcrossing obviously.

I've never been good at the PvP aspect of RO, but I'll still pick up the ED armor, for the stone curse immunity. (Which is something that you reminded me of)

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
05-20-2017 05:55 AM
Spire Offline

For anyone curious: I got to 99/50 yesterday! And am almost a full fledged Paladin!

Thank everyone for all of the advice and suggestions for leveling places.

I discovered that ayo dungeon 2 is a fantastic place to GC crusaders to level as well, hopefully this helps other crusaders level up a bit faster.

05-22-2017 04:01 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Oh right that is a good reminder. I forgot that place even existed since they got no valuable drops and while the quest isn't hard, it's definitely annoying...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-23-2017 09:22 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

(05-23-2017 09:22 AM)Namine Wrote:  Oh right that is a good reminder. I forgot that place even existed since they got no valuable drops and while the quest isn't hard, it's definitely annoying...

The loot that drops at least NPC's for a respectable price. If you aren't in a rush you can even hoard the Tassels to vend for Healer's item of the day turn ins. ;D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-23-2017 10:33 AM
Spire Offline

(05-23-2017 10:33 AM)Aaronock Wrote:  The loot that drops at least NPC's for a respectable price. If you aren't in a rush you can even hoard the Tassels to vend for Healer's item of the day turn ins. ;D

That's actually how I discovered the leveling spot, shadow 3 demon, easy peasy :D

I beliwve I got a chaonmail [1] from the area while I was there. So it's not terrible for newer players.

05-23-2017 10:52 AM
Spire Offline

Instead of starting a new post, I think I'll just add my question to this.

Disclaimer: I have some good stuffs, (Not great) I only PvE, and usually have my equips open to the public. So please do not think I'm trolling or trying to show off my junk in people's faces, I'm not. I'm just trying to figure out how to start hunting things for the future. I tend to play supportive classes, and not serious damage dealers.

I currently have the following in regards to equipment and cards:

Armor:
(To me this is the most important thing, as I do not generally party to do damage)
+7 (immune wool, green tidals, evil glittering jacket, khal valk, Silk robe [marc])
+7 glittering jacket [1] (unsure if I should prioritize pasana or evil druid card for this one, I do not have either card yet)
Safety ring x2, glove[0]x2, Spiritual ring ×2.
+4 (platinum shield, fire wings, ice wings)

Weapons: (my farming characters are all bow users, Sniper, Clown, and Stalker)
+5 ( gale bow [+20% ele], earthen bow [+20% ele], Chello [3x spc] - for raydrics)
Zerom hunting bow (+7 Gakkung [Phendark x2]

Misc farming equipment
Bee wings, crooked hat, cubic hairpin.

Cards I've farmed/bought for future equipment.
Raydric, Teddybear, Phenomena, Haunted Cookie.

Okay, now that you know some of my equips and cards. I'm having trouble with the next steps. As of right now I'm hunting two Zerom cards for future accys, Orleans glove and harthroon. (Which I am planning to purchase from players in the future)

Then... I have no idea what stuff to look for next. Or what goals to try and reach out for, I feel like I'm almost done with general equipment. I have no problems with farming stuff (I'm farming two Zeroms for crying out loud, lol).

Does anyone have any card or item suggestions for me to try and pick up next? Because I would like to have more goals to shoot for after I eventually get the Zeroms.

06-06-2017 03:01 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Most of your gears so far are either class generic or build generic. If you are not sure what is the next step, start going for gears that are tailored for your particular build.

Shields and shield cards seem to be the most glaring part of your items that are very behind compare to your other slots. You'll get the most out of it if you focus on improving your shields. While using a series of valk shields as your base is obviously the best choice, you can try to get by with a +7 Shield[1] first for Paladin, especially since the drop rate of Shield[1] improved quite a bit from Orc Hero. Make a stepping stone "general shield" to use when you don't have the right shield for an occasion first so that you're serviceable. Even just buckler is fine so that you can share with Clown and HP. As mentioned before, Horn is a great card for the backline, so I strongly recommend a Horn buckler to be shared by all your chars (Paladin is fine with it if you're mostly backline on devote and gospel anyway.)

Don't overlook racial shield cards for less common elements. Doing bit of prediction, GMs mentioned that fairyland is the next "major update" and common sense indicates that fairies or forest maps have brute (beast), plants and insects. Fairies may also pass as Angels instead of plants like Mavka is in Moscovia, so perhaps we'll see angel mobs outside of thanatos tower or non-boss flagged angels? You can try to 'cheap out' a bit and use less pricey shields as the base to card these ones, but doesn't hurt to have them on standby.

Marc and Medusa should also be on your list. You need them to contribute to MVPs instead of relying on your HP to be on the ball and bail you out. This is especially true for your own HP where others expect you to save them on MVPs who can do wide stone.

Prioritize Bathory as the armor card to find a home for first. You block the most stuff with it (dark soul strike, darkness jupitel, shadow attack, dark breath, darkness breath, coma/dark blessing for npc attacks, even more if Ciar uses class skills which a few are dark typed.) Hardly any monsters use holy based attacks so you're unlikely to be hit by the drawback. Pasana is handy cause lot of mvps like meteor spam, and there's always thor for the purely fire based dungeon. In the meantime, just grab a copy of the no-slot version of fire armor for cheap.

Passively try to assemble 100% immune/absorption for common elements, especially fire and water. In these cases, don't worry too much about your actual def but get the equips needed to have that high of elemental resistances. Some monsters cannot touch you because they only got 1 element of attack. Water is prime example since they usually got nothing but freeze, storm gust and waterball. You either get stunlocked to death by waterball, or the waterball is constantly healing you so you got nothing to fear (example: Ktullanux and Giant Octopus). Plasma card can also create elemental resist pots to help you. Of course, glorious rings are always part of this equation.

Earth Deleter and the new Vampire Cape should also be on your list for efficient hunting. Getting SP back allows you to go infinite at certain spots in solo hunting, especially for Sniper using the accessory combo to further cut SP.

There's always a *lot* to collect and hunt. If you are willing, there's always answers on what to hunt for next~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
06-06-2017 03:54 AM
Spire Offline

I saw the new vampire cape, I'm sure it's going to be extremely expensive for the next few months, but it's definitely on my list for pick ups.

Even though they lack the elemental resistances, I was thinking about trying to obtain Orleans servers instead of valk shields. (Since they'll combo with my eventually Orleans glove)

Right now I'm prioritizing farming on different characters for different items. ( EX: Bard is hunting Zeroms atm, since with +10 sp back per kill, and 90 int, I very rarely run out of so, even when spamming my tell clip)

So maybe I should be trying to farm valk shields myself with my sniper. (Which would require me to farm either an OAB+ cursed water or orc skeleton cards)

Essentially I'm looking for the farming stepping stones. Like.. I need to farm an OAB to Hunt mini valks. Which would be easier with other sniper equips. Ex: Orleans glove [zerom].

I've got marc armor already, but I'll add medusa to the list, I'm just unsure the best method of farming it at the moment since is has rather high hp and no element.

I actually have a plasma card, I just never remember that I have it. I'll have to have that on while I'm farming in the future.

Earth deleted armor is in an awkward spot for me. It's amazing when I'm one shotting things, but getting the ability to one shot is the tough part.

06-06-2017 04:19 AM