Poll: Should Costume Items be usable in GVG/BG/WoE?
This poll is closed.
Yes 16.67% 4 16.67%
No (Please Explain) 33.33% 8 33.33%
I have no opinion 29.17% 7 29.17%
I don't GVG, BG, or WoE 20.83% 5 20.83%
Total 24 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Costume Gears: Usable or Unusable in GVG areas?
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Costume Gears: Usable or Unusable in GVG areas?

I think people have the right to look pretty when slaughtering their enemies in Friendly wholesome PVP.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
06-12-2017 02:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Menace651 Offline

I'm fine with it as long as there aren't any custom headgears that could be used to troll/inhibit people like those stupid Big Pumpkin hats. Also would the custom headgears still show when your headgear gets stripped?

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
06-13-2017 01:06 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Again, NO COSTUMES IN WOE/PVP/BG/ARENA/ANYWHERE RELATED PVP

Because as Menace brought up in his post about Strip, one main strat to fight a stripper is unequip the weapon/armor/or hat and let they strip us, then re equip some gears (mainly the non-hat) to fight back while the stripper thinks we are fully stripped.
If one is always using a costume, we cant see if he/she is unequipping the hat for example to prevent it being stripped, as we will always see that damn costume.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
06-13-2017 06:24 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Menace651 Wrote:Also would the custom headgears still show when your headgear gets stripped?

As far as I know, costumes don't get stripped. So they will remain visible, even if your actual headgear is gone.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
06-13-2017 07:45 AM
Spire Offline

I know this might be a little un-related, but, are the "Costume gears" a separate item type? Or just normal headgear that you throw into a different slot (IE: I have a pretty black ribbon, could I just throw that in a costume slot, or would I need a separate pretty black ribbon costume)

I don't PvP, and I voted as such, but I feel like people would abuse being able to hide headgears in PvP, even if not for the reasons mentioned previously, someone will find a way to abuse it in one way or another.

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
06-13-2017 09:26 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

It's a separate item, that only goes in a separate gear slot. And to clarify just in case: The poll is to disable them in BG, WoE and GVG enabled areas. Places like the regular PVP Arena will allow costumes (unless there's an overwhelming demand for it not to be).

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
06-13-2017 09:35 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

If you open equipwindow, you can see two tabs: Gears & Costume. =)

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

06-13-2017 09:37 AM
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

No. For the reasons:
1. Hiding headgears. Upper/mid headgear costume would disable opponents from distinguishing headgears such as ramen vs feather beret, and hawkeye vs slotted mids. These probably won't affect the gameplay much, but it does to a small degree. However, on a larger note, allowing a lower headgear costume would disable players from distinguishing between wings vs armors. Having double wing effect for damage would typically display you as vulnerable as no one really slots cards such as ed/gr/marc (unless you were desperate for that 10%x2 resistance to water).

2. Strip is covered. As previously confirmed by Ciar, strip should not remove costume headgears, so that takes away one indication of whether a player can be stripped again. However, you could say that wearing a costume to cover strip effect, would be the same as not re-equipping headgears, once strip is done, to cover strip effect. Hence, although I don't think costumes would affect gvg very much, in this aspect, it would still add to the list of reasons why costumes shouldn't be allowed in gvg settings.

And, to those who voted yes (reiterating on Impa),
I understand that costumes would be allowed by default, and hence, it should be. We also know that costumes are meant to be purely cosmetic. So, asides the fact that it should be allowed because 'default', my question is why would anyone wear costumes in gvg settings, since it's purely cosmetic? Seeing as a few have voted yes, I'd like to know your other reasons.

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA

Big Bad Apple | Taco Pie | Natchos | Eggplant | Papricka
Kiwi Tunes | Bacon & Eggs | Pimento | Placenta

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA
06-13-2017 11:08 AM
hachigatsu30 Offline
Cheers!

Not that I voted for yes anyway...

For the same reasons you just mentioned. Taking away indicators/distinguishability (like that's a word...) adds more challenge to the game, much like many other games where costumes are allowed even in PVP occasions.

If you've seen my previous signatures, then you'd probably already know who I am.
06-13-2017 11:47 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

No it brings confusion and doesnt really add any benefit.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

06-13-2017 11:49 AM