Poll: Is it time for heRO to permanently change rates?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Increased Rates
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

RE: Increased Rates

The fact that only 1/3 people who voted no have expressed their opinions as to why is frustrating.

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA

Big Bad Apple | Taco Pie | Natchos | Eggplant | Papricka
Kiwi Tunes | Bacon & Eggs | Pimento | Placenta

05-31-2018 01:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

The same could be said for the 7 out of 11 people that voted yes but didn't express their opinion.

In conventional democracy, the vote of the uninformed citizen counts just as much as the vote of those that are well-informed. Unfortunately, judgement in exercise of the power to change one's nation -- and by extension, the world -- is more prone to emotion than logic and reason, as well as influences from external forces.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
05-31-2018 07:08 AM
Ponpon Offline
Maho Suika

Sad RE: Increased Rates

I voted yes because I no longer have 5 hours free a day to make "progress" in Ro. Now Im stucked between getting some zeny/ farm new gears/ play with my friends.
Now I barely play 1 hour, maybe 2 hours in special occasion, 3 or 4 days a week.
Increased rates by a bit can help those who now work and no longer have a lot of time, level charas/ farm items or at least zeny to buy stuff from "roger's great macro economy" Laugh
I really don't want to change the drop rates to a crazy level, but I think 5x drops should be nice.
I don't complain about increasing all the exp rates because low levels are pretty easy to lvl up, but when someone reaches 90 becomes pretty hard lvl or find parties, also the few parties that are made, are 95% muspels. Maybe retouching some high lvl mobs in dungeons can help to vary parties destinations. I know some places need "special" gears to be more viable like pasana/thors, bathory,marduk/dg bathory/nameless. If increasing drop rates are not viable, at least make some drops that are basic for different places other than muspel more accesible.

Making hatter cards more common should be nice Kissy2

Sorry 4 mah Taco english m8's Icon_twisted
Love Pon.
05-31-2018 12:38 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I'm actually on the fence to raising the rates or keeping them as they are (reason why I haven't voted). On the one hand, much of my reasons for wanting them raised are similar to Ponpon. Growing up, and having to be responsible IRL kinda sucks, but is a necessary evil. Work makes my play schedule kinda short.

Other part of my frustrations is that I keep breaking the gears I do farm and the refiners are weighing heavily on my pocketbooks in game with the sheer quantity of Eluniums I've been going through.

But at the same time I've gotten to where I am with the 5/5/3, and I don't really want to make that any more or less for other peoples. With all of the gears I've gotten through my time here, it's incredibly easy to get a character to Job 50 in the hour or 2 a day I got to play, and the usual doldrums of Solo play still persist around the 80's.

All of the reasons why I'd want increased rates seem selfish to me, and seems more of a reason to vote against it.

*Still trying to make the credits roll before I quit*

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2018 11:14 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-31-2018 11:07 PM
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

it's not so the fact that a low proportion of people who voted no are not expressing their opinions, i meant literally only 1 single person is. I would love to hear arguments from both sides, but in the current position, we have sufficient participation only from one side

06-01-2018 01:57 AM
Bakorzero Offline

Increasing rates means increasing chance of getting what I am looking for, that's the reason I vote yes. For the exp I am fine with it.

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
06-01-2018 08:03 AM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Yes but its bad if shit gets common everywhere.

:|

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
06-01-2018 08:57 AM
kysp Offline

Voted yes because it was an incentive to play more and didn't noticed anything harmful while it was 5/5/5. Can change my mind if provided with legit factual evidence of its downside aspects.

And by downside aspects I mean something bad for the whole community, not just for some.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2018 03:26 PM by kysp.)
06-01-2018 03:24 PM
Monster4 Offline

I voted against an increase.
For me Ragnarok always was about the journey. Which is the main difference to most other games out there.
A temporary increase is fine with me and there already are two possibilities for that. Increase in rates up to x5 from events and the boost through donations. With that the card drops already go up to 0,1% which is more than enough.

I don't have the time to answer to all the arguments myself, but I agree with roger on most points.
06-03-2018 07:35 PM
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

Reminder to everyone:

The thread's proposal of 'increased rates' is not simply referring to a raw increase of base rates

Proposals include, but are not limited to, one or a few of the following:

> Increased base rates
> Increased base rates for only exp
> Increased base rates for only items
> Increased specified rates for certain equipment
> Increased specified rates for certain cards
> Increased specified rates for certain monsters, or tiers of monsters

Additional note:
Increasing rates won't necessarily 'speed up' gameplay, rather, it will 'reward' gameplay.

tldr;
There are numerous ways to improve server experience, through 'increased rates'.

06-03-2018 11:44 PM