Poll: Remove Retro WoE from HeRO?
Yes
No
I have no opinion/ I don't care/ I don't WoE
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Remove Retro WoE
Impa Offline
MYOB

Remove Retro WoE

I've done retro woe for many years and those who participate on it agree that it isn't fun anymore, not just because no one shows up for it (Just Xandra on his hunter to save us from boredom) but also the fact that you have to devote a character to being dedicated retro, leaving it nontrans forever making it useless for parties or farming, and forcing players to hunt specific nontrans gear.

So, I made this poll to vote and discuss the removal of Retro WoE on the server.

Some benefits are:
  • We can delete or trans our retro chars to make something more usefull in the accounts.
  • Will move a little more the making of parties in the server.
  • One less castle for the woe scene, leaving 2 Castles to focus.

Keep replies to this thread constructive please.

Namreg No1
07-08-2018 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: Remove Retro WoE

Remove all woe

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
07-08-2018 05:46 PM
Plant Away

I've also suggested just about the same thing about sacrificing retro but with much less detail in the WoE time change thread (it's probably vaguely hidden somewhere in a huge wall of text I wrote)

Highly dislike the retro meta where everything is very tanky and there is very little way to deal with resist-geared and buffed players unless you're a huge party or a geared monk. This is coming from someone who has developed builds for high HP baby novices to troll in retro lol.

I've made an account of retro characters last year but stopped leveling them at around level 80 because I realized I'll only log them for retro which I rarely attend due to retro being 5am here. 100% right on them being useless since their entire purpose is dedicated to only retro.
07-08-2018 06:05 PM
Menace651 Offline

I'd like to see 1 of the WOEs removed dont really care which one prefferably one of the Sunday WOE's. Retro is/was fun but I would like to free up some character spots and consolidate my gears for trans only characters.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2018 06:22 PM by Menace651.)
07-08-2018 06:21 PM
sheam Offline
Final Universal Love

(07-16-2018 11:32 AM)Kiyochan Wrote:  Voted yes to remove Retro WoE because, as of present, it's the least active or popular woe out of all three, in terms of overall participation, and the least likely to receive any kind of participation in the future. However, I'm indifferent towards the poll numbers after learning there's extensive prodding via private discord channels to increase a specific poll choice's vote count.

I would personally prefer one of the two Trans WoE to be removed instead, because it would at least leave 2 different WoE1 types available a week. Why? Personal preference, because battles are usually more drawn out, have less ways to die instantly (less burst damage crap), and generally allows for different ways to fight like Alchemist Plants, or using Super Novice and Assassin, whereas in Trans WoE you can be as geared as you want and in an instant, a stray punch, sonic blow, acid bomb or even cart termination can send you straight back to town.

Alternate suggestion: Why not remove one of the two Trans WoE in addition to retro? And leave only a single WoE happening on a Saturday at a time where our main North/South American Population and Asian population can attend.

Get your clique together and let's find out.
07-17-2018 11:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

(07-18-2018 08:50 AM)Kiyochan Wrote:  ...Or just replace Retro with WoE 2

:o this is interesting

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

07-18-2018 09:09 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

After some discussion among the GM Team, we've agreed to remove Retro WoE for now, due to lack of participation since early 2017. I informed the guild leader of the holding castle, and Aldebaran Castle 1 was closed and its data was cleared just a few minutes ago.

If you see the WoE Message for it, or notice it's still open, please send a support ticket to let us know. And reminder: it's still punishable to abuse the log out issue to break castles that are not open, or outside WoE times, as posted recently in the WoE Thread and Ban List.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
08-12-2018 03:31 PM
Menace651 Offline

(08-12-2018 03:31 PM)GM-Ciar Wrote:  After some discussion among the GM Team, we've agreed to remove Retro WoE for now, due to lack of participation since early 2017. I informed the guild leader of the holding castle, and Aldebaran Castle 1 was closed and its data was cleared just a few minutes ago.

If you see the WoE Message for it, or notice it's still open, please send a support ticket to let us know. And reminder: it's still punishable to abuse the log out issue to break castles that are not open, or outside WoE times, as posted recently in the WoE Thread and Ban List.

Is this going to be permanent or is there a chance retro could be re-opened if there is a sudden influx of people and interest in it? Just wondering because then I can delete/trans my retro chars to free up space and gears.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
08-12-2018 10:13 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

i already deleted my "Roger has no fun in Woe" Knight xD

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

08-13-2018 05:33 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

(08-12-2018 10:13 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  Is this going to be permanent or is there a chance retro could be re-opened if there is a sudden influx of people and interest in it? Just wondering because then I can delete/trans my retro chars to free up space and gears.

There's no intention of re-opening retro WoE again, this year or the next. And it'll remain that way unless there's an overwhelming amount of people requesting it be opened again. By overwhelming I mean, there have to be well over twice the amount of people who voted on this thread asking for it, and from different rivaling guilds too.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
08-13-2018 06:40 AM