Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MVP Tombstone Announcement
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

MVP Tombstone Announcement

As per suggestions by players and agreement with the GM Team, we'll be adding MVP tombstones on the next server maintenance (reboot). We expect this feature to be warmly welcomed, but nevertheless there will be a trial period for it, for GMs to test the waters on how the feature fares.

What are MVP Tombstones?

When defeated, MVPs with a natural spawn time will leave behind a tomb where they were slain. Clicking it will provide the time of death of the MVP. It does not provide information on the next respawn or its location, only the time of death in server time.

Tombstones only apply to bosses with a natural spawn time, and not those spawned via script. This means that MVPs like Ktullanux, Thanatos, Orcus, Hollow Poring & Nyddhoggur will not spawn a tombstone upon defeat. Additionally, for a monster to receive a tombstone they must be flagged as boss_monster in their spawn file, so you might notice mobs like Snow Angeling produce a tombstone on defeat. Due to this, we ask that all players report monsters incorrectly spawning (or not spawning) tombstones, upon the feature's release.

The aim of this is to reduce the search and wait time for all players who are looking to defeat bosses, while also providing everyone an equal opportunity at competing for MVPs, instead of only dedicated players with tons of time and gear on their hands.

xoxo,
HeRO GM Team

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
09-04-2018 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: MVP Tombstone Announcement

I want to make we all think about this:
Tombstones got implemented in renewal, yes, for the reason Ciar stated, but in renewal every class is a big damage dealer, so you can pretty much mvp on any third job you like (and/or gear).

Here, in pre-renewal, basically 99% of mvps are hunted with asura, and not only here on HeRO, but everywhere thats not a HighRate. So with champs nothing changes, its like third job that anyone can deal massive damage regardless. We there are all champions.

And i dont have mostly any complaint with it.

What i do have issue with, is non-champ mvps and party-organized mvps.
Those two categories are more delicate. They require precise setups and a good quantity of tranquillity, to be done. Because they are already a bit stressful by themselves.

Im not scared of being out-mvp'ed.
I hate only one instance. One thing. One particular situation:
Rachel sanctuary 5.
Not the mvp there, but the map.
Seekers and agavs. And lucky lexed sonic blows.

I cant focus on the mvp because i need to clean the surroundings, while the other sniper gets all the juice from the mvp.
If you clean you dont do dps. If you do dps you dont clean. So having the game advantage of being alone vs the mvp is great. In renewal, they can oneshot basically any normal monster.

But renewal have another problem, that tombstones didnt solve: finding the mvp when it respawns.
Offy servers make leverage of that to sell Convex Mirrors for real money.
When the tombstone disappears, they all start tping and its just a game of LUCK to land near the mvp before others. Except for convexers, they pay to see the mvp coordinates and they even see it 3 seconds before the tombstone disappears.

Then, regarding party-organized mvps, example: morroc and randgris. They cannot be done with few ppl without portal-strats.
What this lead to? that if two parties go to Morroc, and the 1st party deals 99.9% dmg to mvp hp, but the champs goes out map to recharge in the party, the 2nd mvp can deal 0.2% dmg only and steal the mvp. Stealing all the work done by the other party. Does this seem right to you guys?
Also fearing that, this will happen: party's respective champs will not do the final asura, because if the other champ is in the map and they asura but dies, the other champ will get the mvp. So they will kinda play a game of waiting, not wanting to be the champ that makes the first move because they have to take a big risk. The risk of nullify all the work done.

I may be overprotective on the subject but im trying to think how the situation could evolve, and those sounds like totally possible scenarios (also because they already happened, i remember this at Morroc years ago, and we both parties reached a stall, nobody wanted to finish the mvp fearing a death so the other could then go and take it, or hit and leave the mvp with too low health so the other's asura can kill it while hes out).

I wasnt expecting such change, so quick, and with only few coming out on the subject. I was kinda expecting a full post on Poll maybe, from a GM, formally introduce the subject, plus what they were thinking as a PRO and CON of it. This is the reason i didnt even began discussing in depth of how i think this is on the Suggestion Pon made on the other thread.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018 06:19 PM by The Roger.)
09-04-2018 05:43 PM
Ange Offline

As I said on discord, KSing on things like Morroc is easily mitigated if you have at least 3 people. I've killed SM, Nidd, and Randgris while competing for them as well; it's by no means impossible. The diversity of capable mvp classes in renewal is completely irrelevant; there's always going to be an optimal way to kill an mvp, and if there's competition, anyone who is serious is going to use that method. As for gloom, the answer is just "Git gud;" if you can't kill it under more chaotic circumstances, and the other person can, that's your problem.

Back to the diversity of MVP classes though, you are seriously underestimating sniper. With an 8k ds, you're doing 32-40k dps depending on aspd. Most of your basic 200k mvps are going to die in under 10 seconds. It's very easy to compete with champs on a sniper; 3 seconds on the boss and you've secured mvp.
09-04-2018 07:46 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

It isnt a Git Gud situation because i stated that the other sniper gets benefits from my work of cleaning so he can dps it, or if im dpsing it means its already clean so hes again free to shoot arrows. (these if i find it first.)

I didnt say its impossible to keep the mvp for my party, i said its more stressful. I already said it was happening in the past, i remember. But with long respawn mvps, maybe the 2nd party will go see the tombstone, get the timer, organize for next respawn and maybe the party who killed it before is coming back for the next spawn too and find now they have triple stress.

Im not underestimating sniper. Many mvps are hard to target and/or have high phys def.

In renewal they dont need a "best method." They just can go with any class, any can deal serious damage.
Rune Knight, Ranger, Geneticist, GX, Sura, those are the main ones of course. But if you dont have competition you can even use the third job scholar with its aoe spell. In renewal is "who finds it first and target it first."
Instead we on pre-re have to do a bit of preparation for mvps if you dont want to asura them. And ignore small mvps, as they are small so even a crap asura can be enough.
09-05-2018 01:54 AM
Chost Offline
SK

Yeah i agree, some people can't handle competitivity, some like it some don't, and that's fine, that's what single player rpgs are for, there are some you can play in a party, and there won't be other people to cause stress. Hell, even an instance based mmo is good if you wanna play online.

As for tombstones i have mixed feelings, so we'll see how that turns out.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018 02:52 PM by Chost.)
09-05-2018 02:50 PM
Ange Offline

(09-05-2018 01:54 AM)The Roger Wrote:  In renewal they dont need a "best method." They just can go with any class, any can deal serious damage.
Rune Knight, Ranger, Geneticist, GX, Sura, those are the main ones of course. But if you dont have competition you can even use the third job scholar with its aoe spell. In renewal is "who finds it first and target it first."
Instead we on pre-re have to do a bit of preparation for mvps if you dont want to asura them. And ignore small mvps, as they are small so even a crap asura can be enough.

Still completely irrelevant. Any mvp that is soloed will still go to whoever finds it first in pre renewal, unless someone just massively out damages you.

Party mvps like Randgris, SM, Ifrit, Bio3, and Nidd spend most of the day alive anyway, so it's not like people are doing them when they respawn.
09-05-2018 05:47 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

(09-05-2018 05:47 PM)Ange Wrote:  
(09-05-2018 01:54 AM)The Roger Wrote:  In renewal they dont need a "best method." They just can go with any class, any can deal serious damage.

Still completely irrelevant. Any mvp that is soloed will still go to whoever finds it first in pre renewal, unless someone just massively out damages you.

Party mvps like Randgris, SM, Ifrit, Bio3, and Nidd spend most of the day alive anyway, so it's not like people are doing them when they respawn.

Like that lulzy moment when a lvl 30-some merchant with High Orc carded buckler gets MVP on an Orc Lord when a nub champ dies when he punches it because technically the reflected damage that Orc lord killed the merch with counts.

I like this solely for the fact I hate searching around for something that just isn't there. If I find the tombstone, I can use that time I would have spent wandering and porting around the map for something else.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
09-06-2018 12:44 AM
Jin Offline

Ok, so this is my own friendly opinion to this matter,

I am just a standard solo player who don't have an above standard items, for me, the implementation of the said npc timer will only kill the balance between standard player versus above standard player(this is the players that have single or dual god items or tanee card or so on so fort ..)

what do I mean? yes it will give each and every player a shot on every MVP's but the question is will it be also give equal damage or equal aspd? if not, It only means that 99.9% of good to kill MVP's is good as theirs. not to mention that their team has good mvp cards already. And it will only kill the hard worker players trying to camp almost most of the time just to get glimpse of the mvp to have its time and maybe next time if the Over Powered One's is not around maybe then we standard players can kill it.

And yes, most of the time we, hard workers has the MVP. maybe you can call it greed but if they want that MVP also he/she can camp it like we do because thats the only reason we standard players are getting a share of the MVP's

PS: I will also include the players that has below standard items. what about them
09-07-2018 05:44 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

MVP Tombstones are now available on heRO!

It was somewhat of an early, unexpected addition, due to reloading the server configurations to increase the rates, but it's here now!

Please note that they currently mention the MVP slayers' name. This was and is supposed to be removed and replaced with other information in the reboot/maintenance mentioned on the first post. For more info, see said first post.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
10-04-2018 05:33 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Nah leave the names so we know who to bully xD

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2018 05:48 AM by The Roger.)
10-05-2018 04:18 AM