Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Chronicles of Faeheim ~ Fate of The Unknown
The Midgard Times Offline
Best-Selling Newspaper

Chronicles of Faeheim ~ Fate of The Unknown

To The Colorful Lands

Several fairies in chains walked along the road leading to an idling airship, as one man supervised the guards leading them on. "Make sure you pay extra attention to those two." the supervising fairy exclaimed. "I don't want Amdusias' old henchmen causing any trouble in our new home."

"Yes, General Cynbel, sir." the guards replied. The general eyed the two prisoners in question one last time, before leaving via warp portal.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The first Chronicles event for the new Faeheim Story Arc, Fate of The Unknown, begins tomorrow, October 22, 2018, at approximately 8:00 PM EST!

General Event Info
  • It is a largely team PVM event.
  • All players will be under a party made by the host (GM-Ciar). If there are more players than the party allows, players will be split into two or more parties, and a player will be selected to lead the other team.
  • Players of all levels may join, though keep in mind exp might not be shared.
  • There is a risk of losing exp upon falling in battle.
  • As usual, you may talk in character, or just go for the fun of it, but please respect those that will RP.
  • Participation prizes will be provided at the end of the event.
  • More detailed event rules will be explained before the event begins.

For more info on past stories and events, you can read the Fairy Stories on the HeRO wiki.

[Image: image,The-spc-Midgard-spc-Times,white,black.png]
10-21-2018 10:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

RE: Chronicles of Faeheim ~ Fate of The Unknown

:D yesssss the new Arc awww yiiisss

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
10-22-2018 05:34 AM
Best-Selling Newspaper

An Attack, An Escape

At approximately 8:15 PM tonight, fiends appeared in the Faeheim town of Fortuna. The Defense Systems Administrator, Amaria, quickly arrived on the scene, and alongside several heroes, successfully defended the town, before leaving for Marasmius' Port, where more fiends were gathering. An airship which was set to arrive at the port was then witnessed to have been shot down by a winged creature.

Amaria and the heroes entered the downed Airship, as it began to slowly sink. There, they encountered and battled the winged creature that attacked the airship, but it managed to escape. Several heroes interviewed by The Midgard Times reported the winged being searching frantically for something, which it apparently did not find.

The airship travelling from the Faeheim Sky Island of Caerulia was revealed later to have been secretly moving convicts to a new facility located in Faeheim. At least 18 crewmen and 20 convicts died, while 7 of the latter have been confirmed to have escaped custody and fled. Among the fugitives are ex-soldiers of the Faeheim Army, Cimeies and Andromallius, right hand men of the deceased usurping general, Amdusias. Their whereabouts are currently unknown.

As if the news weren't bad enough, it was also later confirmed that the invaders were illusions summoned by what fairies know as "The Unknown". These beings, whose origin, identity, or even general appearance are unknown, first attacked Faeheim during the Human-Fae War, and have been attempting to invade Faeheim for centuries up until several years ago when the attacks stopped completely. Presumably after the fairies' treasure, they are back again, to cause chaos and destruction.

Carandel Palace's Press Office declined to talk publicly about the matter, and simply issued a statement saying they would be increasing security around all of Faeheim, to ensure the safety of the people. Search teams are also actively looking for the escaped convicts, who are not expected to stay free for long.

====================================================

Hope you had fun in this story arc's first Chronicles event! It'll only get crazier from here on out!

The next event will take place on Thursday, October 25, at 8:00 PM EST. More details will be revealed in the following days!

10-22-2018 11:18 PM
Best-Selling Newspaper

Unknown Conflicts

"We have to get it or die trying. Scraps are no longer enough!!"

"I am aware. But our previous leader tried the violent way for centuries and failed... And he was deposed for his blind ambition and lack of leadership."

"They dread the very thought of us. Their defense systems manager could destroy us if we expose ourselves. How can you believe this will work?"

"Can you sense it? Do you feel its draw? It could be destroyed for all we know. I don't want to spend the rest of my life fighting for it if there's a chance we could have ended it earlier, differently."

"..."

"The fairies are more understanding than the king we went to war with back then. Things might be different now. If not... then they made their choice, and unfortunately, so will we."

Reminder, the next event will take place today at 8:00 PM EST (8 hours remain until then). It will happen in a similar fashion to the last event, in the sense that it is PVM and team based. More details will be given when it starts!

10-25-2018 12:07 PM
Best-Selling Newspaper

The Power of Choice

Last night, a robed creature appeared in Fortuna in Faeheim, wishing to talk to Queen Pixie. It was revealed to be The Unknown, or rather, one of many Unknowns, as everyone learned later on. The being, named Altjyhra (Alt-JHEE-Ra), shed light on its origins to Pixie, Lucretia, and everyone else who happened to be in Fortuna Town Square at the time.

The Unknown came from the Demon Realm, the same realm where Dark Lord comes from. A once thriving land, "conflicts between nations" and "blind overuse of magic and technology" left it "weak". Unable to survive there, the group of demons escaped to Midgard via the fiend mirror back when Dark Lord entered our world.

They hid and waited out the war against Dark Lord, hoping to live in peace in our world, but their only hope of surviving lay hidden away in the old Faeheim Archipelago. The Unknown, via their previous leader, joined the war between the humans and the fae, which ultimately ended in massive casualties on all sides.

And now, in Fortuna, they asked for the Fae's treasure, some kind of "core", in order to live on. But Pixie did not trust The Unknown, going against her sister Lucretia's wishes to at least consider it. As the queen and Amaria threatened to attack if they didn't leave, Altjyhra and another Unknown struck back, threatening to devastate Faeheim's Security Systems by targeting Amaria.

With a field of magic energy preventing Amaria from teleporting away, she and a group of heroes fought The Unknown, but in the end were no match. Amaria was defeated, and destroyed, leaving Faeheim's defenses crippled. The Unknown disappeared, not before asking Pixie to reconsider handing over the "core".

After an argument between Pixie, Lucretia, and other heroes, the queen came clean about their treasure, informing it is actually a massive dreamstone crystal that helps power all of Faeheim. After much persistence, Pixie agreed to hold public hearings regarding and put to a vote whether or not they should help The Unknown survive by handing over the dreamstone core.

Although there is allegedly a backup of Amaria somewhere, it doesn't seem as if it's readily available, meaning Faeheim's golem defenses are only partially as efficient as before for the forseeable future.

Pixie claims she'll do as the people wish, so now is the time to speak up!

Should Faeheim relinquish its dreamstone core to help The Unknown survive?

For your answer to count, you must do the following:
  • Answer the above question in this thread
  • Provide a reasoning for your answer. It can be just a single sentence, or an elaborate paragraph.

The deadline to answer is on October 28, 2018, at 11:59 PM. The choice with the most support will affect the storyline, so think it through!

Screenshots from the event can be found below!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-26-2018 03:10 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

No.

Because the Dreamstone Core is too powerful, too precious, too important, to be handed out under any circumstances.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
10-26-2018 03:26 PM
Bakorzero Offline

YES
Because it sounds interesting, I mean what could go wrong ?

Mofy

Forever and ever :3
[Image: lfWi1Fq.gif][Image: G7JCiGG.gif][Image: YqIxIQd.gif]
10-26-2018 04:04 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I, Ezekiel Stalker will vote yes.

As explained already, I'm probably not the only one tired out by the seemingly ceaseless conflict the past few years. Lutia only recently recovered, along with Geffen. Morroc still sits sundered by the attacks Satan Morroc inflicted. Faeheim is currently in a time of new construction, do they really need this core to maintain their lifestyles?

Other options for powering their structures and society are out there, many of them of the magical variety that the faeries may prefer.

As someone whose been involved with the faeries quite personally the past few years, I can say with confidence they would prefer this over another war.

Hopefully fellow adventurers can agree that even the profit motive for themselves is hardly worth it here...

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2018 10:06 PM by Aaronock.)
10-26-2018 06:59 PM
Poring Slayer Offline
Stray Cat

".. yes, sir? Uh, the news?" I replied, a bit hesitantly while the person who I talked to handed me the latest edition of The Midgard Times and pointing on the headline of the front page.

I skimmed through the article, and like I expected, it was the news of the attack in Fortuna. It left me with a flash of bad memory of the time our base were attacked and blown up, where some of my men were killed off for good. This current incident is almost just like that, but the main victim now is a.. Golem, I guess. Since it was mentioned that there were a backup for this Amaria. Might be wrong, might be not.

As I finished reading the article, my eyes drifted off to another article underneath it with "Man Gives Boo a Taste of Bad Joke" as a title. It Involving Boo, who would play a trick to you unless you give him candy, with a minstrel who foolishly gave a lame pun instead of candy because he--
*cough*

I was interrupted by this person's cough because he knew that I was being derailed and then proceed to ask my opinion on this.
Why? I don't get it. My opinion doesn't matter on this. It has nothing to do, yet, with my division. Of course I received report on this matter since we currently scouting the area around the Faeheim. But that's it. It smells like more incoming troublesome work no matter what my opinion on this. Oh well, so be it, can't disobey someone on higher hierarchy.

"I had a report submitted to me about this.. peculiar matter.
So... no! I guess.."
Phew that's enough for an answer I hope.
Not.
The person pressed me for reason as well. Ah, I should have known it would come this.
"Well, first, it's stupid..
What kind of.. uh, 'weak state' that could be like.. possible to destroy Faeheim defense system's, uh.. manager..?"
Not to mention it's.. that.. hmm.. they demand for something like dreamstone crystal.. something that fuel the Faeheim with somewhat high capability.. I, uh we.. don't want some more lunatics powered with a highly destructive energy thing running rampage around," I replied while slightly crumpled the newspaper trying to repress bad memories lingering in the back of my head.

Oh the person somehow satisfied with the answer. But really, would an opinion from me even matter with these higher ranking people decided everything from the top. I guess they just want some input. Or they might want me to suggest my opinion to Faeheim Rulers.

Ah, the smell of incoming nasty works..

[Image: mBOoe6N.gif]

10-27-2018 12:06 PM
Mister Midnight Offline

No

I vote no. Only because I am new to this adventure and do not completely trust them. They ask if they can have it, then when we say no they attacked us? Maybe we can offer help in another way. Or, if they can guarantee peace between our realms. But until then, it's a no for me.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2018 02:25 PM by Mister Midnight.)
10-27-2018 02:25 PM