Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Builds that need new gears/cards?
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Builds that need new gears/cards?

Hey heRO,

What's some builds that you think have been lacking support or attention from the server? Are there any builds that haven't had any gear upgrades for awhile?

If there are builds that seem to have got no new gear upgrades since 2018, post and let us know here so we can put your suggestions into consideration!

(2018 is essentially "no new upgrade since Lutia came out")

05-03-2020 11:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kyofan11230 Offline
Pretzel

RE: Builds that need new gears/cards?

It would be cool to have a Novice set that Supports Melee novices! From what I can tell the sets we have tend to gear towards Caster Novices. In particular Novices do not have a very large selection of weapons they can use.
05-03-2020 11:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mister Midnight Offline

The only gear set that I have experience with and I can think of that could use some attention is Ur's. The concentration proc on frenzy to replace the attack boost it originally stated seems a little underwhelming since concentration ends after being hit a few times. Which is frenzy's main downside, garunteed getting hit. Maybe instead of the concentration something that increases the damage output the more HP loss there is? Kinda like a mini grey set.

Would also be cool to see a set for wiz and sage that capitalize on their other element skills. Or something for wiz that gives shadow element skills. Something I think gravity missed out on.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020 12:29 PM by Mister Midnight.)
05-04-2020 01:41 AM
Ponpon Offline
Maho Suika

Big Grin RE: Builds that need new gears/cards?

I would like to see the meele super novice working, I think the thing it lacks is the massive amount of hp for getting hit, i like the flee stuff but you get one unlucky hit and you are dead. Probably making some gears that boost HP and add a penalty for matk can be good and avoid magic SN to use the gears. (also I want a novice/SN locked accessory besides the medals of honors, caster SN prob still go with their bolt cards but making a good HP boosting unslotted accessory might be nice)

Gatling gunslinger need also more love, they cant do anything without party and when mob hugs them they die. (not a pro on gunslingers, but I dont see a lot gatling ones)

Probably adding some Taekwon Rankers gear can be an incentive for people to make one, idk I dropped it before completing my first 10 mission, maybe some gear that earn some stats/effects by level when people start dropping them like.
Taekwon ranker lvl 75---> add gucci effect
Takwon lvl 85 ---> something
Taekwon lvl 95---> everyone loves you
One weapon besides the BG one would be nice

Maybe a grind/farmer rogue, that increases auto steal chance, also chance to use steal zeny while attacking, something to make non bow/magical rogues/stalkers leveling life more comfortable or maybe become the ultimate item hunter machine displacing snipers >Icon_sad

Also disable Star gladiator miracles Icon_sad dmg and exp gets nerfed everytime it pops and only worns out after 5(?) min, when dispelled or when death.

[Image: 5eqoayA.png]
05-04-2020 02:21 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Shield boomerang, mayhaps? With soul link, it's alright, but on it's own, you're probably better off bashing for damage as a crusader. Forced Neutral definitely limit's it's damage a lot, and weapon attack doesn't matter for it. Only str based atk and card % mods + shield weight/refine. Shield charge isn't commented on much and the older imperial guard boosted it's attack, but it's used more for knockback and stun chance than damage.

A new weapon for knight that enables use of 1-h quicken without link might be nice.

It'd be interesting to see what kindsa equips you could come up with for hocus pocus sage/prof. that could be literally anything.

Inb4 ange and the claymore traps. Actually a full trapper gearset might be interesting :x

Full support champ? OH Remember the memes on the FS sinx built around detox?

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020 09:17 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-04-2020 09:10 AM
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

Novice set that gives a low lvl skill from each of the main classes: Bash Lv ?, Soul Strike Lv 3, Heal Lv 1, Double Attack Lv 2, Attention Concentrate Lv 1, Enlarge Weight Limit or Identify.

A set that gives bonuses if you're soul linked, does little otherwise. It wouldn't help linkers directly, but could help promote carrying a linker around, especially if it can boost the less stellar links (priest, knight etc).

Item that gives bonuses if you're standing on specific bard/dancer ensembles.

Something for brandish spear. Don't know why or how, never really used the skill.

Gear that boosts sightrasher, opposite to the frozen set. This is already on our big list of suggestions, but i'll post it anyway for possible discussion. Something that boosts sightrasher damage drastically but increases its cast time and/or delay, to turn it into a big burst skill similar to full buster.

Something that makes Gravitation Field nice.

Like Okajoe said, something that makes trapping hunters a thing. Either straight up damage boosts, or causes statuses depending on the traps, who knows.

Something that makes slow poison and BSS worth using.

Something that improves the Demonstration Skill... No particular reason Mad

A gear, set or card that makes it worth spending acid bottles on acid terror. Same goes for marine spheres and plants that aren't parasite/geographer, though these would require edits to the mob stats/skills and not a gear.

A gear that gives bonuses if you have the useless rogue skills (cleaner, etc).

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
05-04-2020 12:16 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

BSS is a nice skill, just the fact it requires 3 aco-types in one party makes it hard to pull off given our low server pop. It's actually an AoE buffing skill that gives holy armor and damages undead/demons as priest skills do, so should technically be copyable by rogues with evil druid in pvp? Could probably cut the aco count down to 2, but it's not in the list of the rogue skill npc in the job change area, and the given rarity of people with it.

Marc armor with holy enchant would be amazing for rushing full woe precasts with the Wizards, but just gotta be careful not to telegraph it too often or the cursed waters will be on you in full force.

yea, the hydra summons are supposed to be the ideal fast attacking ranged summon for auto-cast builds, but most worthwhile mobs have too much flee for them to even hit. the low damage isn't that big an issue it's just that if they don't connect, the autocasts don't seem to go off.

I used to use slow poison in the nameless parties that were crap due to poison disabling sp regen and people begging for sp batteries and not bringing green pots/herbs. Slow poison actually re-enables natural regen. Still not worth it, but a fun meme.

Brandish spear so far has giant lance and payon soldier cards. If it didn't stun, I'd probably look into it more, as it seems like it'd slow killings down. the knockback lets you mob larger, knock the mob back to get more time to pot and heal and repeat until death. It's large aoe also makes it valuable in chaotic party play when mobs target squishier targets, knocking them all away from the duders.

If bowling bash has ever worked how it was intended to, brandish spear would be superior. the first hit is supposed to have knock back (like used to have like 3-4 cell knock back) that is canceled if it hits a wall or mob, and then the 2nd hit happens. If the mob doesn't hit anything, the 2nd hit didn't happen. But I feel I'd get burned at the stake if it ever gets reverted given some people's reliance on bowling bash and veteran sword/sword guardian card

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020 05:30 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-04-2020 05:29 PM
Ponpon Offline
Maho Suika

How about Condensed aid potion? maybe give some usefull buff over the people healed? most of people dont go over condensed pot because are expensive, but how about justifying its cost?
btw plant bottles are okish up to lvl 70-80 above the plants dont do a lot, they miss almost everything.

Maybe getting some sinergy for hocus professors Love
05-04-2020 07:49 PM
thiagoblin Offline

Hi!

I just got back on the server, so I dont know if is there a better support for the builds I'm going to list:

- Melee Super Novice: Just like Ponpon said, melee super novice is just a rogue that doesnt auto steal.
- SBK Sinx: I feel like the transition isnt very smooth. You have to jump from agent katar to Ice Pick + Elemental Sword.
- Kunai Ninja is very fun, but isnt so good...
- Auto Spell Sage deserve some love, right?
- Last but not least, steel body autocast monk is one of the most fun builds to play, but required some advanced gears to be good... =(

PS: The main problem of ragnarok is that it never really changed the "meta". I wish one day gunslingers, SLs, SNs all looking like real classes.

KingX - Champion 9x
05-04-2020 07:58 PM
Errynator Offline

Footwear that increase Kick skills damage, taking a page from Assassin class in Diablo II, whose kick skills get increased damage from equipped boots.

At least the Taekwon Kids, as well as Star Gladiators that choose to kick things to death instead of being in heat 24/7, could have more things to play with.

Something that makes Union of the Heavens and Demon of the Heavens (Solar, Lunar, and Stellar Union/Shadow respectively) have more, I don't know, something? Could be something that reduce vision blindness for Demon and more power for Union.

edit: scratch my comment about Union. It's actually in better position than I thought.

Knowledge (SLS Courier) is almost nothing more than skill point (sp) sink to make Union needs 10 sps so something could be done with it too.

*on an unrelated note, I read somewhere that they (Gravity? iRO?) make it so Union does not need sp to be used, seeing as it's a only-usable-with-Soul-Link skill. Can we get that, too? That 1 sp can be used somewhere else.

Also
@Ponpon
Why would you want to disable something that only benefits you? I proc'ed my first Miracle some weeks ago and my damage got increased for a full one hour.

The only cause I could think of that ended in you dealing less damage/get less EXP is when you did not put any points in Stellar Wrath (and consequently, Stellar Blessing).
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2020 10:22 PM by Errynator.)
05-18-2020 07:51 AM