Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Snap and Jumping in WoE
JoryJoe Offline

Snap and Jumping in WoE

Can we get a consistent approach implemented in our WoE on movement based spells?

I'm mainly focusing on backslide, snap, and jump. Backslide has been disabled for as long as I remember in heRO WoE but not the other two. Especially since snap and jump can place you at a much further distance over time than backslide in a castle. I don't mind including sprint in this, if it currently works in WoE.

Wouldn't it be more fair that everyone has to rely on the same spells (e.g. inc. agility) /items (e.g. speed pots) to quickly catch up to your team, race for the emp, or have to respawn and come back to participate? Or if these skills are kept, can there be a penalty for using such skills? For example, you lose an orb if you snap, the cast time is longer when jumping, or a delay for skill use is added after using one of those skills.

Just throwing out a suggestion so discuss away if you feel different or the same O_O
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2020 05:01 PM by JoryJoe.)
05-23-2020 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kiwis Offline
Cut & Uncut Lover

RE: Snap and Jumping in WoE

I've always just assumed that back slide was disabled by old RO because of the class that has it - sinxs. I supposed having the main breaker able to manoeuvre much more easily to the emp was overpowered, whereas linkers can't break as easily, and neither would champs (especially not being able to equip knives), on top of a sphere being used up with each cast in gvg maps.

And, as much as I hate this inconsistency too, it was probably implemented through years of trial and error on balancing for pvp in RO, in general. So, I wouldn't touch it since it's quite fine now.

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA

Big Bad Apple | Taco Pie | Natchos | Eggplant | Papricka
Kiwi Tunes | Bacon & Eggs | Pimento | Placenta

PLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTAPLACENTA
05-27-2020 01:06 PM
JoryJoe Offline

I think you're missing the point. It's more than just being able to hit the emp. It enables you to go through a castle faster, whether you are in the castle already or need to come back after dying, so you can get back to the action much more quickly: defending from others, attacking others, staling enemies, etc.

It also applies to SGs and TKs as well, not just SLs.

Quote:And, as much as I hate this inconsistency too, it was probably implemented through years of trial and error on balancing for pvp in RO, in general. So, I wouldn't touch it since it's quite fine now.

If you're referring to iRO, then not sure about that... I don't there have been changes to classic WoE since 2009 when renewal came along.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2020 01:43 AM by JoryJoe.)
05-29-2020 10:32 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Backslide is OP.
Snap is limited to the fact you always consume spirit balls in woe. After 5 snaps, gotta resummon them.
Jump.... cmon the classes than can Jump are really overtaking everybody in woe, uh? Icon_sad

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
06-04-2020 12:40 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Gravity can't let extended classes have nice things.

06-04-2020 05:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

If we're going into that depth, can we re-enable shadow jump/shadow slash beyond being right on top of where you're hidden?

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
06-04-2020 07:00 PM