Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
mage levelling advice needed
finklestein Offline

mage levelling advice needed

I'm killing 100 geos with my mage for zeny, but their experience is starting to drop below 10%. I am almost job 40 and i most likely plan to change at that job level to wizard becuse hes PvM and doesnt need all thsoe skill points. My question is, where should i level my mage/wizard once im finished killing 100 geographers?
09-06-2007 03:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: mage levelling advice needed

Well 10% is not a bad exp, soon enough you'll miss making 10% from a single monster. You might wanna try soils, it's in louyang field, but there is less of them then there are geo north of enbroch, so overall it might not be better exp place.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-06-2007 04:48 PM
finklestein Offline

for geos 10% is actually quite slow at my level. Consider the fact it takes from 2-4 or more level 10 firebolts on 1 dex to kill one, even mroe if there are nearby geographers healing. Places like gh prison have huge mobs of monster that gi ve equal exp and take huge damage from soul strike. I've considered levelling there, but this server seems to lag real bad for me, even in orc dungeon, so i'd probably die very quickly there due to lag.
09-06-2007 04:50 PM
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

well firewall is your greatest ally when there are more than one geo present.

I don't even know why you only have 1 dex as mage/wiz, my mage/sage & mage/wiz could take out geos in 2 and 1/2 or less sets of bolts.

If lag is a problem then unfortunately geos definately would be your best bet.

[Image: razbannerow7.gif]
09-06-2007 05:35 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Be it PvM or PvP or WoE, any caster needs all of their skill points. Namin? despises soul strike with fiery passion, and will never get it if it is not a pre-reg for safety wall. Soul Strike is seriously very limiting in uses, as there are only so many monsters that soul strike can handle... really cannot use soul strike except for giant party where most of the monsters are killed too quickly and sir wants to contribute to the 10% exp boost by hitting the monster with something fast- only then does Namin? ever consider soul strike.

If sir really has only 1 dex, then by that time firebolt 10 should be far more than enough to kill geographer at great speed... If int is above 80, then 4 firebolt10 sounds very bizarre...

GH Prison is a decent alternative to level there using firewall and firebolt, but rather dangerous now that firewall has been changed and is incapable of stalling for as long as it did back then in the previous svn (especially for 1 dex). Geographers really offer the great safety that one can never die in that map regardless of how slow the spells are, and geographers are part of combos which make them very worthwhile in comparison to GH Prison cards...

Really consider staying at geographers. Geographers are by far much easier than GH can, and offer more job exp than injustice and zombie prisoner. If sir must insist on leaving geographer because they are simply "inferior" (Namin? strongly suggest against until wizard or sage) then rather try for stings than GH Prison. GH Prison's overall exp is actually lower than geographer's 13k anyway, not to mention the typings there are very horrible... at least at stings, it's all firewall and firebolt away, and the difference in exp actually makes the huge increase in difficulty worthy.

Just out of curiosity... is sir speaking about soul strike from the perspective how half of the mages in "some other server" seem to level "very quickly" even though they don't do anything but soul strike everything in payon dungeon, orc dungeon and GH prison...? heh...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
09-06-2007 05:47 PM
finklestein Offline

soul strike is fast cast, about 5k damage at high int breakpoints, and costs a very small amount of sp with a full int wizard. I only put points into dex once int is maxed out becuase it takes quite a few skill points to see a very notciable difference in cast time, at least in my opinion. Although prisoners and such offer less exp then geos, there are tons more of them and they can be killed very quickly wil 5k spammed soul strikes. Plus they move slowly so in a lag free environment they are far etter than geographers. Plus, their drops are much more profitable.

EDIT: at 80+ i headed to lava caves with a priest once i was done gaining tons of experience and zeny in gh prison. Ive only plyed 2 other servers, one of which sucked royally and the other which was great ang low lag but had a very small player base. Both were low rate, and i had no great gears, so yes, i would mostlikely level jsut as fast on this server jsut like i did on the others.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2007 07:21 PM by finklestein.)
09-06-2007 07:18 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I tend to disagree about soul strike, but that's just personal opinion. I prefer to go to job 50 and get other things to make me a more rounded wizard (unless I'm going for a SW wizard - which I don't usually anymore). But hey, it's your character. I mean, you're asking for leveling advice but when people tell you that you're fine on geographers because you say you get lag when you go to more populated places (which must have to do with your connection, because I don't get much, if any at all) you explain that those areas aren't good enough. I suppose, then, that you don't really need advice. I'm just not sure what to suggest because you seem to have your mind set on GH Prison as the place to be, yet you say you lag too much to feel safe there. It's your choice then, in the end.

And also, as one last piece of advice, I would recommend pumping dex at least some by the time INT hits around 70. It really does make a noticable difference after only 30 points, but higher numbers are great (especially for many wizard spells which take around 15 seconds to cast). I mean, there's not sense in casting really powerful spells if you can't get them off quickly enough to make much of a difference. I mean, sacrificing one high level INT breakpoint to get between 30-45 points in DEX is definitely worth it. that's 20-30% reduction in cast time. Meh, just my opinion again. Do with it as you will.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
09-07-2007 09:23 AM
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

Always get 50 job its well worth it seriously, And where to level now that we have Ice Cave,Get JT And Quag Goto level 1 kill till you have about 90 int and like 35-40 Dex Then goto 2nd and get to a safe spot and quag every thing before you jt them you can rape in Ice Cave trust me.

Watch out for the Gazeti[Image: 1778.gif] They will kill you fast

[Image: flossysig1ak1.jpg]
Flossy - The Real Meaning

Word used to define someone who is really intelligent but a bit stupid or an airhead.
A "Flossy" would say "I have a Phd in Math....do you think we can sit on chairs underwater ?"
Or
"My IQ is 160, But i think red cars are faster than blue ones"
^ WHAT !! Thats BS~!!! Blue cars are FASTER !!~~~~~!!!~~
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2007 04:12 PM by Flossy.)
09-07-2007 04:10 PM