Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Must Read : About the event-novices.
GM-Feith
Unregistered

Smile Must Read : About the event-novices.

Okay everyone, i said i would make a thread about this on the forum.

This is about the Event Novices. I wanted to remind you that when you are playing a new novice character for an event it is YOUR RESPONSABILITY to DELETE this novice after the event.

Those novices are NOT supposed to be playable characters. The reason is simple : i think it is not fair to get levels easily inside an event other than a town invasion. It is not fair to new players who needs to get all their new levels by themselves.

Then, why don't you GMs find a way to not let us get out of the room instead, you would say. First of all some of the events are improvised, not really calculated so GMs are trying to do their best to give you your items and such but sometimes a mistake may happen. The fact is that when get you to the heRO pts room, you get warped back to Prontera automatically so it gets a little bit complicated to recall one players, then a party and etc... We're about to fix that soon. But, we can still make mistakes.

Also, "In fact, you're not always telling us to delete those characters", you surely say. Well, sometimes in the heat of action it is difficult to remind to say all those things, so this is why i made a special topic about it. Tell your guildmates/partners to read this because it is important.

GMs have the responsibility to prevent this to happen, Players have the responsibility to play fairly i think. There's a noobie pack, most of the GMs is helping new players so i don't think it is that hard to level a novice by yourself.

To locate event-novice GMs (me and Pandora i think ) are trying to ask you to name your character with a "suffix" like _11_16 (the date). This help us to find who played his event-novice. If i see one of you playing those, i'll give a warning, like "please read the topic about it and make another character". If i see this character again, it will get automatically to jail while GMs will discuss about if there is a release or not.

Well, this is not a topic to threaten you or anything, it's just a topic about respect to new players and about your duty as a player. Icon_smile Hope you understand, you may leave your comments. Try to be constructive and do not flame any GM Please. Thank You.

UPDATE : Players using a novice-event and being found will have their levels decreased by 10 ( base level - 10).
11-16-2005 04:20 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

RE: Must Read : About the event-novices.

There should also be a little time delay because to allow us to put stuff in storage we need to have job level 6 or 7~ which SHOULDN't take that long to get :S

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
11-16-2005 04:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Feith
Unregistered

sure. This is not like botting, so i wouldn't be too severe. That's why i said i would give a warning first. (give you time to put your items to storage Icon_wink and then delete this char )
11-16-2005 04:29 AM
sirona Away
Eh?!

Icon_cry There are times I can't delete my chars even though I put the right e-mail addy and such, so that's practically why I never delete my characters -nor I play with them since I'm focusing on my two mains... Icon_evil Can't do much, can I?

Semper vigilans.

Living my life like a ninja... so, leave me alone... *vanish*
11-16-2005 09:32 AM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

<= is in agreement with Sirona

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
11-16-2005 12:45 PM
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

Raine told me if you want to delete a character you can just leave the e-mail field blank. I haven't tried it yet (I'm not even sure if I understood correctly since it was late at night) but you should give it a shot and tell us.

[Image: cessysynesthesiasig18nw.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]

ign: Cessy
11-16-2005 11:02 PM
Fionit Offline

to delete a character u cant just do character select. u need to exit the game completly then restart it then delete ur charaters BEFORE u log with any other character.

:D
11-20-2005 01:47 PM
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

Fionit: not actually, the method I just wrote works without having to relog if you already logged in.

[Image: cessysynesthesiasig18nw.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]

ign: Cessy
11-21-2005 01:46 AM
Fionit Offline

ok fine just givin an alternate solution since u said u whernet sure .. that ur technique was working Icon_biggrin
11-21-2005 09:32 AM
GM-Feith
Unregistered

updated!
03-03-2006 02:06 PM