Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Avian Wings...Weak?
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Avian Wings...Weak?

Okay, I'm sorry but today a bunch of us in guild tried to get some of those feathers you need for Avian Wings...red and blue feathers I think they are. Anyway, so we go climb up Thana, anddddd well we can't even find the spawn first off, secondly when we do, there are only desperos and other things around. We died...kinda horribly >_>

This to me makes Avian Wings too weak for the amount of effort truly put into them, and well, zodiac might be weak, but I have heard rumors of extra benefits of making them?

Avian needs a boost in some form or fashion, +6 agi is not worth it for the amount of work put into them. I don't mind the +0 def or it being unrefineable, and a bunch of us in guild discussed this for a bit. We came to two ideas for these wings that seemed overall that seemed good.

Give a chance for authoritative badges to drop from avian wings seems really cool to me you can make the chance small too like .3-.5% or something, these would make for some very nifty pvm wings. This was one of my suggestions that a lot in the guild thought was neat.

The other suggestion to me is a bit more controversial, but the idea was passed around to give it Level 1 Agi up. Another PVM possibly weird woe use item then, it can still retain the +6 agi bonus and 0 defense even.

If you are not willing to change it, can there be a change of ingridients needed or is this too problematic right now?

Anyway, yes I am aware people HAVE made these avian wings before, but I heard a great majority of these makers then were on the old SVN, I'm not sure how true this is, I'm just stating something I heard.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-19-2007 06:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: Avian Wings...Weak?

It is sad when a pair of panties is better than hard to make wings, heh.

12-19-2007 07:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Does the panties give +6 agi? I think not.

As for the suggestions, I'll think about it but I don't find the drops to be so hard to gather. The Thana ones (red and blue feather), should get more common with the upcoming new quest.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-19-2007 07:10 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

No but rather the combo gives 5 agi and 10 flee, which equates to 15 flee with jsut a pair of panties (pair meaning pantie+undershirt)

12-19-2007 07:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Can always make avian wing drop a low number agi food to make up for the lack of agi/flee that it gives compare to the new pantie/undershirt combo from this svn? (teaching agi up even if lv 1 may invoke wrath of people starting 38 threads the next day after woe in the whining section)

Making agi food may still be a lower number than pantie/undershirt combo, but benefits of agi food can be transferred to other characters without using the equipment combo.

Another suggestion maybe to make avian wing refineable? Pantie/Undershirt are both refinable to give defense on top of good agi and flee, so it should not be as groundbreaking as before if avian wing also can get some defense now.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
12-19-2007 07:17 PM
Armored Reaper Offline
Pro........

I agree 100% to what aaronock is saying as a person that is hunting them at the moment I find it hard to obtain the ingredients (red and blue feathers). I feel that they are also not worth the effort being out into it I also think they should have a new perk added to them like the badges or able to cast lvl 1 agi up that I feel would be nice to have. Also most people that have made these wings or have made them made them before the new SVN i understand that +6 is nice but with the effort put into obtaining 20 feathers deserves its own reward cuz its really tough.

I Am What Your Fears Fear...I Am The Unseen.....I Am The Noise You Cant Explain.....I Am What Takes Life...
I Am....
Armored Reaper The Messanger Of Death.....
12-19-2007 07:23 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Agi up 1 is out of the question, badges, food, refineable seem like ideas that can be considered however.

On a sidenote, GM-Auron is to blame for the item list Icon_razz (and the pervert npc)

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-19-2007 07:26 PM
Armored Reaper Offline
Pro........

lol i posted late i was eating it was meant to be after aaronocks then i read it and realized you already said that.

I Am What Your Fears Fear...I Am The Unseen.....I Am The Noise You Cant Explain.....I Am What Takes Life...
I Am....
Armored Reaper The Messanger Of Death.....
12-19-2007 07:29 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Even just giving Avian Wings a slot was an idea I just thought up and I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. We could then slot up pupas and succubus card or whatever into it, also making the wings much more useful in that department. :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-19-2007 07:50 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Yup, and as soon as we get to slot panties and undershirts, the comes the disappointment again! *cheers*

12-19-2007 07:52 PM