Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Balance issues
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Balance issues

With the awesome new fishing spot, people choose to ignore mining completely for many reasons:

1- Mining is no longer the best gold source. Fishing provides gift boxes in large quantities. And gift boxes = gold, santa poring cards, emps, ...etc
2- OCAs. With such low population, people rarely hunt things that drop OCAs. OCAs are hard to come by. So we need a steady source of OCA, which is fishing.

For those two main reasons, mining has been deserted. No one mines anymore. Slowly it is becoming a useless feature. I have a couple suggestions to maybe even things out:

a- Remove gift boxes from fishing and put them in the mining system instead.

b- Create a new Mining spot in Einbech Mines with improved mining system (Advanced Mining Spot) [No iron ores, higher maximum level, Miners' exclusive helm, better chances of obtaining rocks (elu, ori, lvl 4 wep stones)].

c- Make fishing more challenging:
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=4707

(I fish too so this is going to effect me as well, don't think I am posting this to ruin your fun/economy/fishing/oca)
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2008 11:06 AM by Bloody.)
01-10-2008 10:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

RE: Balance issues

Agree on part

I have to go to class though, I'll post later
01-10-2008 10:52 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Oh Bloody taking my idea from that one fishing topic about something totally different and putting it here.

I want that custom helm and mining to be useful, I enjoy mining more than fishing in all honesty anyway. I think mining is needing a boost similar to fishing once the fishing situation is sorted out. I think in the new mining spot also we need a chance for treasure boxes, people like to hide things in odd places...>_>

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-10-2008 12:58 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Fishing/mining is already messing hero economy.

I see salmon at 800z (white pot + blue pot vs 1,5k+3k->4,5k-25% =3,4k ). 800z vs 3,4k. four times cheaper.

result = less people buy at npc -> less zeny is removed from the players - > everyone has more zeny than they should -> zeny is devaluated.

Wich items do everyone needs? hp/sp recorvery, materials to upgrade weapons/armors/forge (or need that a forger have them)

What are the best incomes rates of those items? fishing/mining.

Adding new spot to fishing mining is always a good idea, but what I don't see as a good idea is to buff those. In fact, they should be nerfed. Elu should be gathered by hunting some monster who drop them at a decent rate, and mining should be an alternate way to get them for those who can't hunt those monsters.

ro game should be about advanturers in a world infested by monsters, not players around a fishing spot spaming clicks brainlessly.

I see fishing/mining as an alternate way to get some items, but it is a main source of those items for the majority of players.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2008 01:27 PM by Général_Argos.)
01-10-2008 01:24 PM
Crimson Offline

i would rather buff these spots than nerfing em. Its just unfair for the ppl who didnt have the chance to fish as much as ppl who are playing heRO for long.
01-10-2008 01:31 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

those who fished the most will continue to fish the most if those spots are buffed.

Krim's grocery list

01-10-2008 01:35 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I don't use fish in woe really, I don't even use them when training.
Why?...Because they are heavy and have annoying drawbacks. Whistle

I haveta farm every now and then on Kaphas for my healing items in woe, because I need to be able to hold all the gems and things I have. Aloe and Hinalle Leaflets FTW :3

I see fish as a leveling tool, not as main tool, but that's how most use fish here, it's a main healing item, and it is funny that blue pot is worth less than a salmon. Really fishing devalues the alchy pots a lot anyway and has been discussed before.

If people wanna be lazy, then let them be, I like doing other things when playing RO than clicking enter a bunch of times, mining I rarely do *only about 50 points on my prof and in fishing 20 something on merc*

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-10-2008 01:46 PM
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

Nothing beats a lovely placed kaahi and a couple angel fish here and there to last you through the day <3

Lowering the chance to oca will be appreciated although sorely missed T_T

You'll almost never see me mine as my luck there is terrible...nothing compares to the easy 900k profit from the advanced fishing spot and then the extra goodies. Seeing as majority of this is stemming off of getting a new fishing spot, its only fair to create a new mining spot to go with it~

I wouldn't say no to making rare ancient jewelry part of the mining drop as oca's are to fishing :O

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
01-10-2008 04:39 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Think that Namin? have talked to Ms Pandora already about the highly paradoxical nature of the highly imbalanced yet necessary OCA to the server. For Ms. Pandora's sanity's sake, will skip out on commenting on the OCAs.

How much zeny exist around the server is a preference matter by the GMs usually... in theory, if zeny is easily earned, it's still fine as long as it's easily drained which is what GMs start to do with the introduction of hatter cards draining around 1.7 mil each try for hatter hats that usually worth far less in the end. Like what Mr. Krimlin said, inflation takes place when zeny is easy to get (even with draining) and prices go up.

One can argue that zeny is easy to gain so it's all balanced. Anyone can go click on the fishing/mining just as easily as everyone else. But the first impressions by new players checking on heRO merchants will be rather traumatizing. First impression is always hard to cure. heRO does score the lowest in economy in RMS at only 7.8, while the next lowest score is GM availability at 8.8. Economy is a whole point lower.

Namin? personally likes there to be less zeny from mining/fishing... and a relatively easy method to do this is to just take out most of the fishing loots. Namin? likes how mining makes zeny only by selling what it is intended to make: rare ores, elunium, weapon quest rocks. But fishing makes the most random stuff that somehow sells for a lot of zeny. Shouldn't fishermen make profit by selling fish, not the "junk"?

By weakening fishing, relatively the importance of mining will be elevated and thus cured for now. An advanced mining will probably be necessary to parallel fishing, but really fishermen getting rich off junk instead of the fish themselves sound weird to Namin? x_x;

(of course treasure chests still need to exist from fishing, or the future mining spot for "certain reasons"... but can always just diminish the chance of them showing up similar to the suggestions of lowering chances to get OCA?)

EDIT: Oh just realized from the other thread that Ms. Pandora is already on the move to make fishing harder =o Guess that serves the same function in a way then.

It's mentioned every time that changing the system now is unfair to new players since they never get to "abuse the system" like old players. Any sort of change will be unfair to someone in the end. Change the system, and it's unfair to players who can't "abuse" it. Don't change it, and it's unfair to old players who stayed here so long, and some lv 30 merchant lucked out a ghostring and a raydric in 2 OCA from fishing in 4 hours? Either way, someone suffers. Both sides will have to compromise for the greater good of the server, whatever comes out as a change to this.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2008 05:26 PM by Namine.)
01-10-2008 05:24 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

great words

Krim's grocery list