Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Between Axes and Spells
Keele Zeibel Offline
Craymel Engineer

Between Axes and Spells

He had been lost for eons in these stairs, evading animated armors throwing arrows at him, seeking the ghosts of thunder mages of old. Every creature's power came from his soul and if one was careful, he could extract it at the killing blow and bind it in a card, at which point a part of the creature's might was his to command. Even tough he knew the technique, it was hard for anyone to execute it. His arms were growing weary and numb by the magical energy that he almost constantly summoned in fight...

?????????? A blinding light pierced the dreams and brougth Melvin back to the streets of Alberta. He pushed himself up from the rough, stony floor. Young hands. The hands of a novice. He was just beginning his journey into the world and yet, he had this weird feeling of knowing it already. Souvenirs of legions of orcs, of killer turtles, of humanoid alligators crept from the back of his mind... or were they? Still, no time for daydreaming. The town militia had posted that herds of spores were slowing up trade, and Melvin was always on the look out for some easy zenny.

????????

"DEX? The way I cast, we don't need... dex."

[Image: a43c4aeo7.gif]

Keele Zeibel, professor   89/57
Melvin,         whitesmith 99/69
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2008 02:00 PM by Keele Zeibel.)
01-11-2008 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Between Axes and Spells

Sweet another storyteller, can't wait to read more Icon_smile

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-11-2008 11:36 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

And thus the Quest of MELVIN begins...
I like how you say cards work ^.^

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-11-2008 01:33 PM
Keele Zeibel Offline
Craymel Engineer

Preliminary theory has been confirmed today with testing of the metamagic flow concerning Evil Druids cards. The noticeable encasing of the soul, as opposed to "supplying effects" observed with Swordfish, Pasana, Dokebi and Sandman leads me to conclude that bodies are inherently of Undead nature, souls being mandatory for True Life Status.

Also, the soul inhabiting the body seems to be key in determining race as well as element, tough field study is required more.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????? -Keele Zeibel's Research Diary

A quick look over the cliff offered the results of teleportation in shipping goods. There was still traces of major roads, but most had been out of use for quite some time, restricting passage of caravans to a few passage that were barely resisting the assaults of the wild. No wonder it needed some adventurers from now and then to clean up. And since those lines were used by companies too modest to use warp services, no wonder they couldn't afford more than novices trying to prove themselves for almost nothing.

Still, one had to start somewhere. Most people started off with something small: porings and bunnies mostly. Melvin wasn't weak of heart tough, his prey was something already a bit superior: spores. The herd was visible; just a 20 minute run and he'll be on them. He sprinted on them, sprang the last few feets to deliver a powerful blow with his trusty knife...

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2008 02:37 PM by Keele Zeibel.)
01-11-2008 06:37 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

whaha coool
01-15-2008 05:00 AM
Static Offline
Lightning Spearmen Master Chief

nice keele

[Image: signature4marrycopy-2.png]
01-15-2008 08:45 AM
Keele Zeibel Offline
Craymel Engineer

Soul Identity Theory is encountering some obstacles. While it would provide a explanation to Respawn Phenomenon, Undead creature must have another mechanism to achieve similar results. Also, the Respawn Phenomenon, if indeed is due to the reinsertion of wandering souls, also provide some new questions, like the process by which a body is created. The expertise of some renowned Biochemist, like Hitsugaya Toushiro, could possibly enlighten me on that process.????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????-Keele Zeibel's Research Diary

Finally, Spores weren't that easy. After falling unconscious for the fifth time, a wandering knight help him get the feel of it. "You have to hit them where it hurts, just below the cap." He distracted a few of them so that Melvin could try it out. He got better with each kill, gaining in confidence and skill. He even found the time to make a few deliveries in hope that the merchant guild would come to offer him membership, which was given after a short time.

As he was exiting the merchant's guild with all his new gear, cart and all, the city had dramatically changed. It seemed that the Dark lord's forces were warping inside of town, at dawn, evading all of the city's defenses. A pack of marauding ghouls spotted him and charged him. He backed up defensively, ready to fight is final fight. But as they came upon him, a shadow fell on them, delivering a flurry of blows. The blinded-folded taekwon called to him: "Your axe is of no use! You need to deliver wider swings to hit more of them!"
- What do you want me to do then?!
- I don't know, improvise!!!
And as some ghouls were finally getting to him, he dropped his axe, took hold of his cart, and swinged it with all his might at the incoming undeads. He reveled at his idea when all town came blurry, he heard a weird sound filling is surroundings...

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2008 12:35 AM by Keele Zeibel.)
01-15-2008 10:55 PM
Keele Zeibel Offline
Craymel Engineer

Interview with Sir Higatsuku proved inconclusive. While it is true that some of their order are attempting to create life, it seems that the requirements don't follow natural environment.

On a more positive note, Undead type creatures seems to follow the entity known as Dark Lord, who might be their creator. Exploiting this source could prove a better way to find answers to my questions.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????-Keele Zeibel's Research Diary

He appeared in a great room. Two great armored riders ran past him, tackling a unit of animated armors. People spreaded between him and them, preparing for the fight. "MELVIN? Where had you been?
-What happened to you, man?
-It's been two months since you gave news, moron...
-What's with the ridiculous outfit?
"Abyssmal Knights!!", yelled Machiavelli. Two of them came, testing his defenses. With the Khalitzburg, one them managed to pierce his daunting defense. As the blow sent him flying, a smile crept on his face...
"ASURA STRIKE!!"
Abacate's punch ran right through the knight's chest, matter turning to dust under the power of his strike. He dropped on one knee, exhausted. The respite was all it needed for two lords, Reaper and Vitor, rushed in. They pushed the mob further away, into great snowstorms summoned by KisH and Caio. The entire team cleaned up the frozen survivors quickly.
"Okay guys, regroup. We might have 10 to 15 minutes to catch our breaths." said IGetMoney, the leader of the band.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2008 08:59 PM by Keele Zeibel.)
01-15-2008 11:31 PM
Keele Zeibel Offline
Craymel Engineer

(P.S. If you want a cameo, just pm me in game or reply here, who/what/class/what would you like to do, and i'll try to fit you in)

01-15-2008 11:39 PM
Yuukino Offline
Random Kat

Me me! OH ME! Pick me!! I'm hheeerrrree!!!
blurg...
*respawn*

memememe!!! I'm wide open! Free for you to take!

*catches breath"
*GAAAAASP*

hum. Take me, please. I like your story.

Sorsha, priestess level 87 (and going up!) I can heal. and res. and and... and I can do cleric stuff... but I'm mainly TU build with good support skills.

Damn it, Keele, you know me! I'm your number 1 fan >_>

Go Keele Go!

Say hi to Melvin for me.

Be realist and demand the impossible!
Sorsha - High Priestess - 85/55
[Image: tabidatiks60ba1.jpg]
01-18-2008 12:34 AM