• 0 Votes - 0 Average
acid demo
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

acid demo

so i'm in the throws of making my alchemist a creator *slowwwwly*

but from what i'ev seen in duels and ToH,i have a quest

the skill ACID DEMO is supposed to be nerfed 50% against other humans

is it? in TOH there was MAD dmg going on, so it didn't seem like that was in effect, but i have no idea the build/gear of said creator, so i'm assuming if nobody's messed with the coding then everybody else is just stacked on vit.

does this work in biolabs? do they count as humans considering they're also demihuman? or are they exempt because they're monsters.

i'm getting to the point that i'm farming my gear and any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated :D thanks!!

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
01-19-2008 05:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: acid demo

It think it really do 50% against other humans, but that the problem is that defending aura doesn't work against it. Its a ranged attack, and pneuma works versus acid demo. Its the only skill that pneuma works against but not defending aura.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
01-19-2008 05:49 PM
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

awesome, thanks

just saw massive numbers and went "huh....that's excessive" played a creator on my past server and we went to 115 stats and i don't remember doing dmg like that! but then again, nobody had vit cuz of AD....

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
01-19-2008 05:55 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Not sure exactly, but we didn't tamper with the skill so it's working as intended in our current eAthena SVN. For bio damage you can ask other creator, hopefully they can help with that question ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-19-2008 06:27 PM
exwing Offline
Ex

It's only on Other Players that it dose 50% damage to, not Demi Humans. Skill works perfectly on monsters.
01-19-2008 07:19 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Well, it is a normal ranged attack, so it should be effected by defending aura, Krim. /shrug

Also, demi-human is essentially what other players are. So anything that works on demi-human / human...they're talking about nearly the same thing. The only difference being player or NPC controlled.

The vit stat (on what you're hitting) makes a huge difference on the damage of acid demonstration. I used to have a nifty little table book marked, but that website has apparently went down...best I could tell you is google or plug it into a calculator to get the different results.

Int is the other stat (for the creator) that makes the difference. So while a battle creator won't hurt as much, one built for AD will.

Don't forget thara, raydric, deviling, and GR cards will effect the damage. If someone doesn't have one of these, it's going to hurt even more. Most people equipped for PvP though will have them.

That being said, a FULL AD build Creator...we'll say something like 110-120 int, hitting another player with 100 vit, assuming the player has a thara and raydric, it'll do about 20,000-25,000 damage. Roughly. If it were another monster with about 100 vit, it would do about 50,000.

If the target has no vit though, like another player with maybe 20 vit...I don't think you'll break half that.

These numbers aren't 100% to live by, but if my memory is correct from my creator days they should be roughly accurate.

Another thing to consider, is that on highly populated servers people -do- worry a lot about AD damage and cut back on vit because of it. On HeRO, I don't think it's ever been too much of a concern.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2008 12:17 PM by Alexander.)
01-20-2008 12:17 PM
Craix Offline

Back on on our old server, Fao was full AD build with 115 base int and AD equips and I still dont think she had that much damage

Craix-Priest
Vates-Bard
other alts

"We cannot be alone for all our lives, we must reach out in the hope that someone will reach back."

[Image: signiaturecraix.jpg]
01-20-2008 02:06 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Depend when the damage is done, if you have in mind woe, remember that the damage is cut by 40%.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
01-20-2008 02:16 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Wall of Fog also can cut AD dmg when it hits by half, and that's not even including the other reductions AD has on WoE or PVP.

My professor as FS with 100-105 vit use to take really no dmg even from the strongest creators in woe on my last server if I was in WoF. Would only take 4k most to my little over 12k hp butt. I mean certainly that's a lot of dmg but you can at least react to that too.

Here a lot of people stack vit a lot though, and most don't have the same type of reactions to AD as I would, so I really don't know what to say other than don't go too high on your vit if AD is what kills you Xp

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-20-2008 04:14 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Another thing, I thought AD was nerfed 50% against players, not demi-humans
01-20-2008 04:18 PM