Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To fly in the face of blatant sexism!
Kiaro Offline
Schadenfreude

To fly in the face of blatant sexism!

I figure I need to make this suggestion as it's been bugging me, and the other suggestion I wanted to make (fish need a potting animation) happened without me, so maybe I'm on the right tracks.

Any chance we can get rid of the really blatant anti-dancer stuff? Not making bard/dancer the same by any means but I mean stuff like --

Instrument damage modifier by size is 75/100/75 and whips get 75/100/50. Ew, that's just mean! It seems like a completely pointless difference, since the only whips that matter (with bards/dancers always sitting on 130+ dex) is properly carded [4] weapons and the high attack queen's whip/oriental lute for general purpose use. The dancer doesn't get a big buff in either of those two key weapons (in fact, they happen to have 5 less attack on the rope compared to violin).

There's other kinda ridiculous things,though less important, like aspd mod on daggers (bards are 5% faster for some reason) and stuff, but really, losing 25% damage against almost every mvp, peco riders, and all the other large monsters seems a bit... unfair?

Edit: Yes, you can subvert this somewhat with properly carded weapons and whatnot, but it's still a blatant and needless difference, and hugely noticable if you're not using a properly carded weapon (queen's whip, for example). Still, every point of damage is just that vital to performers, spike damage is truly about every single point of damage you can deliver in one strike, which is AV's whole game.

So again, not trying to make bards/dancers the same class. Just to remove this one sorta blatant baseless difference.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2008 02:43 PM by Kiaro.)
03-13-2008 12:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: To fly in the face of blatant sexism!

Gravity totally knows what they are doing with their game though! :o
They are law, do not challenge them! >.>

In other words, I wouldn't mind changing the dmg mods if it were at all possible Ok

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2008 12:54 PM by Aaronock.)
03-13-2008 12:54 PM
Spire Offline

Dancer's have a 'wider' Selection of Whips at their disposal, such as the 'Queens Whip' Which bards have no access to.??This is perhaps the reason gravity decided on this nurf.

Also, the new 'SVN' (the next one hero attains) Will have an even "Greater" Variaty of Whips,

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2008 02:05 PM by Spire.)
03-13-2008 02:03 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

That's not sexist at all...

We've been over the size reduction thing... it barely reduces overall damage since it only affects the WEAPON ATK... which means overall damage does not get reduced by 25%, just the WEAPON ATK portion. So it's not a big deal.

Also, like Spire said, dancers have more whips to choose from. And, even if they didn't, let's look at reality (even though I always say game balance > reality)... what would hurt a large monster more? A large instrument, or a thin, long whip? I'm just saying...

The dagger thing I'm not sure about, that's the only part I can't understand.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-13-2008 02:18 PM
Kiaro Offline
Schadenfreude

Quote:Dancer's have a 'wider' Selection of Whips at their disposal, such as the 'Queens Whip' Which bards have no access to. This is perhaps the reason gravity decided on this nurf.

This is plain incorrect. Queen's whip and oritental lute are equivalent, please make sure you know what you're talking about with the basic weapons and stuff.

That said, the range of whips are largely novelty and not actually useful. All that matters is rope [4] and queen's whip, violin and oriental lute. The others may as well be filler. If you want to argue custom content however, nothing the dancer gets trumps the electric guitar (JT1) which bards can insta-cast easily for some nifty pushback tricks outside WoE.
03-13-2008 02:45 PM