Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
baby wings
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

baby wings

firstly, are the wings slotted? if the answer's no, then my next question is why not?

in the description it says they act as part of the super novice set (as if you were wearing the angelic protection), but the angelic protection is a slotted item meaning that the wings would no longer be like the set. the only benefit that is gained from this is that perma novices now get to have +10 to all stats that only super novices can get from no deaths by job level 70.

my suggestion, should the wings not be slotted, is to give the wings a slot. it really isn't going to change anything since you can get pretty much the same benefit by wearing the angelic protection, and honestly, who is really going to see a perma novice as a threat? as far as i am aware, they don't even get the angel's bonus from the battle chant, so no +50 to crit for them.
04-09-2008 04:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: baby wings

If Novice Wings are slotted, then it's still the SN who benefits the most because now you got 1600 bonus hp (remover card) stuck to the SN with an armor that gives 10 def and 10 mdef as well.

Regular Angelic Cardigan is just 800 hp max (remover card), without refine at a much much lower def.

I personally rather see the hp bonus being built in to the wings instead of giving a card slot, although I know that hp bonus armor card is not the only type of cards a SN/Novice can get, but in *most* cases, hp/sp boosting cards are the cards of choice. SN in retro woe is quite fearsome =O

(I believe SN bonus is at base lv 99 not job lv 70. Also in heRO, SN job level is extended to 99, though you may be nuts by the time to get that much job exp o_O)

04-09-2008 04:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

no, ayu, i know my stuff on SNs, as i've played and researched them quite enough, and it is jlevel 70, as SN's can get to jlevel 99 in iRO as well. also, it isn't the cardigan, but the protection.

the protection gives +20 mdef, not hp bonus, the whole combo gives +900hp, +100sp bonus, which i imagine it is still given, but you lose that card slot, and since SN's don't get the +10 to all stats bonus from the wings, they're losing out. if it is going to imitate wearing the angelic protection, then it should have a card slot.

(btw the Angelic Cardigan gives +5% hp recov)

edit: forgot to mention that the wings are unrefineable, whereas the angelic protection is refineable.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2008 05:09 AM by Frogboy.)
04-09-2008 05:08 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'm open to discussion, but not very much in favor of a slot on the wings. Maybe a little more mdef and more hp.

Angelic Protection is 4 def, 20 mdef.

The Cardigan bonus is irrelevant since its the garment and not the armor.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-09-2008 09:15 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I don't think that Super Novices benefit from having the wings much other than to look cute and have a +10 def and mdef armor. I dunno, Super Novices already don't live that good anyway so I don't know how this is super great to begin with =/

So I have a few ideas for what the wings can do I guess.
-A +1 to a +3 bonus to all stats as Super Novice but dex is doable I believe? I heard there was concern over SN having it too easy to get instacast, so you can just make it to everything but dex.

-Give the wings a small attack boost and a small % to matk boost. Like 5-10atk and 1-3% matk. This way SN sorta can benefit more from the wings and the Perma Novis get some attack.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-09-2008 10:25 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I could make it so that Super Novice get +2 all stats while Perma Novice still get +10, since the elemental wings also give +2 all stats it would not help them get insta cast any easier save for the fact that you can equip the baby wings at lower level than elementals.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-09-2008 11:34 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

With elemental wings comes a weakness that everyone can spot, as opposed to the novice wings.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
04-09-2008 12:52 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

The elemental wings also give you a bolt and an element, the ele wings typically are used for pvm purposes, I rarely see anyone wear them for WoE or PvP. o_O

And there are even fewer Novice classes running into WoE or PvP, I don't see why giving +2 stats to the SN will be bad. Especially when Novice Wings don't have a slot XD

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2008 01:10 PM by Aaronock.)
04-09-2008 01:10 PM
Lysander Offline

the +2 to all stats idea is good enough I suppose, though I'd still rather see them with a slot Icon_wink
04-09-2008 01:40 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

lemme break it down this way, the "easiest" way for an SN to get instacast is to not die as then they'll get the +10 to all stats bonus, in which then it'll only take a bless 10 (which they can get), owl's eye 10 (again which can be gotten), and 2 drops cards. the only other way i know of is to use +10 dex food which does wear off. also, SNs are quite weak anyway, compared to regular classes, and instacast is more of a novelty than a threat to anything really.

SNs are better suited for melee with a dagger of counter, but it doesn't mean they're unstoppable. with a maximum of 7k hp (with cards and full vit), they just aren't much of a threat and can be taken down quite easy.

besides SNs are purely a PvM class, though PvP is possible, but pretty much suicidal.

my problem is that in the description it says it will be like wearing the Angelic Protection, which is probably true, but with the minor setback of not being able to put a card on armor (which is not really a minor setback, but a flaw). by adding the card slot, you're not changing anything more than before, except for the fact that not every SN has to look the same now with wearing either full Angelic set, Z.Wings, or Ele. Wings. Besides, I really don't see that many novices and SNs running around decimating things. Most just make them for storage/vending purposes, and maybe to have a bit of fun once in a while.

oh and @panda, i was merely letting Ayu know what each piece of the set did as she had mis-stated what the bonus was. =)

edit @aaron: adding matk is not a good thing, SNs already get an increased matk from the Hypnotist's Staff (25% vs. 15%) and would basically be taking the place of a headgear (i think it's The Sign that adds 2% matk). same goes with atk power since SNs can use Ice Pick and Dagger of Counter. I could see an HP boost, and maybe a def/mdef boost in the wings if no slot is going to be given, or what would really be heaven is an SP boost...mmmmmm, precious SP.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2008 02:45 PM by Frogboy.)
04-09-2008 02:40 PM