Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scripts which would be nice
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Scripts which would be nice

I wouldn't mind the repeatable experience quests on here if they were on here. Just giving small prizes for killing several of a certain monster seems nice to me =/

Lion Mask was also fun to make, made me grab out prof for two hours to farm the hairs! Since I did a headgear making thing as a rogue with Ezekiel I'll tell you guys a little of what I did.

Winter Hat: 80-85 I think, there are a lot of the tigers walking around, using fire dama and ice dama fight off the monsters with your ele weps. Overall didn't take as long since I half the time stole a second tiger pantie \o/

Magician Hat: Started making at 75+, its not a hard one to make, just finally gotta take your butt to Bathory and get a wizard hat if you are one of those who doesn't buy what they can get themselves (I'm like this tee hee). Byalan 5 is great leveling at 75+ if you got the flee and/or health to make a few mistakes. Solid Shells are pretty easy to acquire, and hunter flies are not the worst experience ever.

Detective Hat: 85+ is what I suggest. Hope you have a holy wep or hallowed wep of some sort, this make Tamruans a joke. Farming for detective hat takes awhile, but hey, you can lvl up to 99 on these things with certain classes, so you might actually make quite a few before you get there!

Kitsune Mask: Not hard, good exp too, actually can level through 90's on the ninetail+dragontail map.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-22-2009 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

not to mention even the latest svn, some of the merc skills are commented out Icon_razz not the most keen on mercs (so what, creators with their jelly, an archer merc along with an aliot to just whack stuff to utter doom? Not saying that's imbalance as getting a pet to attack is effort in itself, but just the visual image of that is a bit awkward XD)

02-22-2009 03:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE:??Scripts which would be nice

Sakurato Wrote:battle grounds is a dumb ideahero doesn't have enough people interested in pvp to do it.

I'd like to think the promise of some kind of rewards for participating would attract more interest compared to the current pvp rooms.

Still, before people complain about lack of interest, the main issue is implementing the system. From what I've read regarding the battleground scripts that have been released on eA, it requires a source edit to add in the functionality that prevents people on the team currently holding ownership of the crystals from being able to damage/kill them. I'm not sure if this still applies but I remember Panda being quite opposed to anything requiring a recompile (which would be required due to the source edit).

Anyway, lets assume that's not an issue. If the system was implemented without any problems, the next step would be making sure the system runs correctly as is. This would be a fairly simple process of asking for people willing to test it out. I find it hard to believe that there wouldnt be at least 36/38 people willing to get this implemented and therefore willing to help out.

Once the battlegrounds system is working as intended, it's really quite simple to scale it down to suit heRO. With the release of the public version of BrowEdit, it is possible to not only create a map from scratch but to modify existing maps as well. While custom maps may not be as professional as existing maps, it would be possible to make a map to suit the intended party size. Other than the need for new maps, with a few changes to the battlegrounds scripts, it would work out quite nicely.

While heRO's pvp scene isn't the most active, I feel quite confident that implementing a modified version of Battlegrounds would generate enough interest to change this, considering the gears available as rewards.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
02-22-2009 07:43 PM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE: ??Scripts which would be nice

Nidsrule Wrote:
Sakurato Wrote:battle grounds is a dumb ideahero doesn't have enough people interested in pvp to do it.

I'd like to think the promise of some kind of rewards for participating would attract more interest compared to the current pvp rooms.

Still, before people complain about lack of interest, the main issue is implementing the system. From what I've read regarding the battleground scripts that have been released on eA, it requires a source edit to add in the functionality that prevents people on the team currently holding ownership of the crystals from being able to damage/kill them. I'm not sure if this still applies but I remember Panda being quite opposed to anything requiring a recompile (which would be required due to the source edit).

Anyway, lets assume that's not an issue. If the system was implemented without any problems, the next step would be making sure the system runs correctly as is. This would be a fairly simple process of asking for people willing to test it out. I find it hard to believe that there wouldnt be at least 36/38 people willing to get this implemented and therefore willing to help out.

Once the battlegrounds system is working as intended, it's really quite simple to scale it down to suit heRO. With the release of the public version of BrowEdit, it is possible to not only create a map from scratch but to modify existing maps as well. While custom maps may not be as professional as existing maps, it would be possible to make a map to suit the intended party size. Other than the need for new maps, with a few changes to the battlegrounds scripts, it would work out quite nicely.

While heRO's pvp scene isn't the most active, I feel quite confident that implementing a modified version of Battlegrounds would generate enough interest to change this, considering the gears available as rewards.

I commend Rob as my new God.
02-22-2009 09:00 PM
Matsu Away
King of Aesthetic

I'm more interested in instanced dungeon.. or some sort of that.. Like a replica of some dungeon, but then at the end some Boss/MVP with a reward. *dungeon full with elemental mobs (like a earth dungeon etc etc) IMO wouldnt be TO hard to script.. I suppose... Just copy the Thanathos Tower npc's with other tele places.
plus it will be original, and not gamebreaking. Since you just put excisting mobs together on one map... And just start with something easy.. and then expand it over time...
04-16-2009 08:48 AM