Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autotrade Limit
kyoshiro421 Offline

RE:?? Autotrade Limit

GM-Ayu Wrote:
kyoshiro421 Wrote:Might I suggest a different and a wider market place aside from Prontera. Amatsu might be a good place, almost no ones there. A good way to use the 'unused' towns.

Except that it'll be too long for new players to start up merchants, as going to Amatsu for new players is not the cheapest thing.

Really Pronterra right now is fine. Large servers still have them this way, and they live. We're at 50 merchants and we're cringing already?

(even if we have a "shop town" I'll rather have another town like Alberta than Amatsu)

Oh right, forgot about that not-free warp thing. Well here's my thought, move the vending place to another part of Prontera, instead of being near to the warp point. This way, people can get to prontera without lagging Icon_razz. I suggest the lower left part of prontera where the benches are =O.
04-15-2008 04:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Autotrade Limit

Well this is more a "player controlled matter", most merchants will set their shop in Prontera, nothing stops them from setting it up in Morroc or Payon, in fact, some do, but most prefer their shop where the most player walk by, I'm sure they wouldn't want to set their shop in a remote corner of prontera where nobody goes.

If you lag in prontera, try not to save there perhaps and only go when it becomes a necessity, but most people don't seem to have any problems navigating in the city, and we're very far from the number of merchants that official server / huge population server have ^_^;;

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-15-2008 03:05 PM
kyoshiro421 Offline

RE:??Autotrade Limit

GM-Pandora Wrote:Well this is more a "player controlled matter", most merchants will set their shop in Prontera, nothing stops them from setting it up in Morroc or Payon, in fact, some do, but most prefer their shop where the most player walk by, I'm sure they wouldn't want to set their shop in a remote corner of prontera where nobody goes.

If you lag in prontera, try not to save there perhaps and only go when it becomes a necessity, but most people don't seem to have any problems navigating in the city, and we're very far from the number of merchants that official server / huge population server have ^_^;;

Well, if the main market (a.k.a place where MOST merchants are) were to be moved, then I suppose players will know where they are supposedly be going for shopping.

But I do understand, maybe just let it be.

Here's another thought, is it really okay for people to have more than one autotrading merch account? I mean, it's really populating the server. What if I had like 10 different merchant accounts, autotraded all over the market? Wouldn't that create lag to the server? Or what if everybody had 10 different merchant accounts Icon_cry.
04-15-2008 06:13 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Usually people have more choices then or some competition in prices if they are allowed more than 1 merchants. Most people have more than 12 items to vend. If we got complaints how even with multiple autovenders that heRO lacks diversity, how is killing merchants going to help this problem? You can argue that some people are selling "junk" over several merchants, but then the argument goes both ways that instead of 12 great items, someone is offering 24 instead with the 2nd merchant.

04-15-2008 06:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Autotrading doesn't create that much lag. The server keeps the merch up and that's it. The server doesn't even have to work. The server doesn't need to calculate damage, it doesn't need to calculate movement, it doesn't need to do hardly anything. All it needs to do is make a few changes when someone buys something and open the shop when people browse. The only lag you will ever experience from autotrading is when you warp into town and your client has to load the shop names and graphics. If you lag that much from a few graphics then set your textures and sprites to low.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
04-15-2008 09:13 PM
kyoshiro421 Offline

GM-Ayu Wrote:Usually people have more choices then or some competition in prices if they are allowed more than 1 merchants. Most people have more than 12 items to vend. If we got complaints how even with multiple autovenders that heRO lacks diversity, how is killing merchants going to help this problem? You can argue that some people are selling "junk" over several merchants, but then the argument goes both ways that instead of 12 great items, someone is offering 24 instead with the 2nd merchant.

That's why people must learn how to use the market forum Icon_twisted!
I do understand that some people can't get online that much to do the trades/sales so instead, they autotrade their stuff. BUT, most of these stuff are overpriced, hence they are not sold for a long time or they are not sold at all.

Kadar Wrote:Autotrading doesn't create that much lag. The server keeps the merch up and that's it. The server doesn't even have to work. The server doesn't need to calculate damage, it doesn't need to calculate movement, it doesn't need to do hardly anything. All it needs to do is make a few changes when someone buys something and open the shop when people browse. The only lag you will ever experience from autotrading is when you warp into town and your client has to load the shop names and graphics. If you lag that much from a few graphics then set your textures and sprites to low.

I'm talking about the increase in population. Surely, the more the population is, the more the lag, eh?
04-16-2008 01:46 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

If that population is playing yes. If they are merchants sitting doing nothing it doesn't make a big difference.

04-16-2008 07:39 PM
kyoshiro421 Offline

Kadar Wrote:If that population is playing yes.??If they are merchants sitting doing nothing it doesn't make a big difference.

Doesn't make a big difference still means it does but only a little right? So if it gets worse, it does become bigger. Think of heRO as your computer, and the players as the stuff (files or whatever) in it. If your computer gets more and more files and gets low on memory space, it does get slower, right?

I am not real
04-17-2008 01:29 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

We might see a noticable difference once we hit around 500 autotrade merch. But by the time we get a high enough server population to support that I'm sure the server will have been upgraded and it will be fine. The amount of lag an autotrade merchant can possibly make is so negligible that you might as well ignore them. So yes they do make a tiny difference. And 1kb text files technically fill up space in your computer. You're not worried about those are you?

04-17-2008 01:50 AM
kamiyami Offline
Divinity Personified

GM-Ayu Wrote:Except that it'll be too long for new players to start up merchants, as going to Amatsu for new players is not the cheapest thing.

We could always have an npc that directly warps to a market area like the poring race track in hugel or the town of izlude. (i reiterate lag in prontera isnt my problem its overcrowding )

GM-Ayu Wrote:Really Pronterra right now is fine. Large servers still have them this way, and they live. We're at 50 merchants and we're cringing already?

When they are all jammed in one small section of the town then yes.

If you see me sneezing then please back away and don't speak to me. I'm very allergic to stupidity.
04-17-2008 10:51 PM