Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
job changer?
pitkalsar Offline

RE: job changer?

ok so i decided to change to merchant. i need 1800z to go to alberta, then i need 500z to go back to izlude then i need moar zeny to go to byalan island to complete quest. i just have to kill 100 more poring just to get job change. -.-
05-13-2008 12:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheAbyss Offline
Stealer of Glory

Don't leave me ;-; ... IDK it's just that when I see a novice in the middle of Prontera asking questions repedetely it just gives me the idea: "Guy in the middle of Pront whos trying to annoy and screw with all of us for fun".
BTW In the future its better to take the personality test and warp directly to the town that you want to change jobs in, it saves money and time on warps Icon_biggrin

Quik 8x/5x Assasin-Cross
[Image: a5bda3vx3.gif]
Go Here
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea... Warriors¥
"50% of marriages end in divorce. The other 50%, end in death"
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2008 12:02 AM by TheAbyss.)
05-13-2008 12:02 AM
pitkalsar Offline

but thats for job change. what about leveling? maybe i wanna to ant hell to kill the ant egg. my cute novice wont survive just to get there =(
and you cannot save any checkpoint unless u got 2.5k?? O_o thats so expensive for any novice u.u
this server's population wont increase because of this. seriously. newcomers do not want this. its too expensive for god sake. my friends are counting on me to find a good new server to start over. but this doesnt look like it. its just the fees. thats all. btw i will vote for this server =)
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2008 12:48 AM by pitkalsar.)
05-13-2008 12:27 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Actually, if you went through training grounds, the NPC (which we did not modify) gives you free teleportation kafra coupons. A maximum of 3 noobie pack per account also gives you a total of 30k, which should be enough to hold off the incoming fees for most town warps of 1000z unlock.

Our current system allows new players to first of all experience what it would have been like on official servers when there are no convenient town warpers. Players share the fun they would have missed on other servers when they realize that you can actually walk from Prontera to Payon. However, once that is done once, players can easily unlock the save so it does not become troublesome in the long run. It's a healthy medium between the lack of warpers on official, and the other private servers where lv 1 novice risk their lives to pick up loots from monsters in Nifleheim.

Instead of unlocking everything, pick out places that you need. The dungeons that are close by, just take the extra few steps and walk them. When I first started here and I was just a thief, I only saved morroc, pront (free anyway), orc dungeon, aldebaran and toy factory dungeon because those are near the places that I trained. I unlocked all the rest as an assassin later.

Strangely enough, most comments for our server involve around zeny being too easy to make because of our custom Mining and Fishing system. We just recently made modifications to try to cure the zeny issue because of fishing too (and it seems to work rather decently well too.)

05-13-2008 01:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Guillermo Offline
Paladin of your dreams

RE:??job changer?

pitkalsar Wrote:but thats for job change. what about leveling? maybe i wanna to ant hell to kill the ant egg. my cute novice wont survive just to get there =(
and you cannot save any checkpoint unless u got 2.5k?? O_o thats so expensive for any novice u.u
this server's population wont increase because of this. seriously. newcomers do not want this. its too expensive for god sake. my friends are counting on me to find a good new server to start over. but this doesnt look like it. its just the fees. thats all. btw i will vote for this server =)

Actually there are two things that attracted me to this server
1. The light vs dark system
2. The fact that you had to walk instead of warping from the get go

I wanted to experience a "hero's" life. The life of a hero isn't meant to be easy and if it is easy...well than you are no hero kind ser..ther I said it *Nods head powerfully* But yea the whole walking around adds to adventure and it forces people to party together especially if you are novices together. That way you don't solo through most of the game. You interact with other players ^_^
05-13-2008 08:37 AM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Guillermo Wrote:But yea the whole walking around adds to adventure and it forces people to party together especially if you are novices together. That way you don't solo through most of the game. You interact with other players ^_^

Unlocking warps doesn't force people to party, it merely forces new players to spend the extra 5-10 mins winging through maps until they find the save NPC. You'll find the majority of players here solo their way to 99, since in most cases it is a lot more efficient than partying.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
05-13-2008 08:56 AM
Guillermo Offline
Paladin of your dreams

*Opens mouth to say something than lowers my head* Yea that's true most players do level alone. Heh that was just my thought process lol. I've been lucky enough to find players who like to party whether it be to venture into a dungeon or just to have fun at a DB room ^_^
05-13-2008 09:08 AM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

RE:????job changer?

Nidsrule Wrote:
Guillermo Wrote:But yea the whole walking around adds to adventure and it forces people to party together especially if you are novices together.??That way you don't solo through most of the game.??You interact with other players ^_^

Unlocking warps doesn't force people to party, it merely forces new players to spend the extra 5-10 mins winging through maps until they find the save NPC. You'll find the majority of players here solo their way to 99, since in most cases it is a lot more efficient than partying.

But that is also attributed to the fact that many players have been here for over a year or more, and have the gear and zeny to prove it.

When the server population was lower, you basically had to solo level, thus, most people (who were around with a lower population level) have adapted to that, of course, in addition to other factors that contribute to solo leveling.
05-13-2008 09:10 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

pitkalsar: we appreciate your input, however getting started is not considered very hard actually. As Ayu mentioned we have warpers, even if you need to unlock them and pay for them it's still easier than official server which only have kafra.

We have the noobie pack with starting gear and a warp to the starting city of your choice, along with 5k zeny and apples.

Maybe you come from a server where things were easier, in which case you and your friends will need a little adaptation, but I'm sure you can adjust ^_^ you'll see, being a hero is fun!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-13-2008 10:07 AM
Guillermo Offline
Paladin of your dreams

Heh as always Pandora is right lol just give it some time and you will get used to things and even enjoy being a hero ^_^
05-13-2008 10:58 AM