Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will this ever be implemented into heRO?
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Will this ever be implemented into heRO?

just curious Icon_biggrin title says it all
I mean its in episode 11 which is what we have currently. and i believe everything in episode 11 is implemented onto the server except for WoE2 and this.

http://ro.doddlercon.com/wiki/index.php?...ary_System

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2008 07:34 AM by thecursed.)
07-20-2008 07:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Will this ever be implemented into heRO?

Let's say this: eA doesn't stop moving on just because they haven't developed something... Auction system is ep 10 and it's not even touched. Mercenary items and skills are added, but there are absolutely no script at all.

There are a lot more ep 11 features not in eA at all (but apparently they are looking at ep 13 maps... heh, so you see some things are not really on priority.)

07-20-2008 08:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

a lot of subquests and subplots are put on hold in order to progress to the next main storyline event(s). once those have been brought out and there's nothing "new" to add to the the main storyline, they will then go back and add in features from older episodes. that's the way most game developers build their games, that and eA doesn't have nearly as many programmers, spriters, etc as gravity does. a lot of development is done by freelance coders willing to work on something in their spare time from their tedious jobs/lives. the priority is to progress the main game, and when time allows, go back and fill in holes and details that aren't that essential at present time.
07-20-2008 03:17 PM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

I've used the merc system on officials. It isn't THAT great. It's a help, but nothing is better than having a friend at your side. (Though, Archer mercs have magnifcat).
07-20-2008 03:19 PM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

but...they are moving slower then gravity....

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
07-20-2008 04:18 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

which makes sense because they don't have a fully dedicated team of coders/spriters/etc to be able to keep up at the same pace as gravity. they have to debug, test, debug some more, test some more and repeat until it is stable enough to release a new SvN, and besides working on updates is the job of gravity coders, eA coders do it in their free time =)
07-20-2008 05:58 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Not to mention, things they left out are usually "not very important" I'll say... mercenary system is really not as cool as they sound, more like just a small homunculus yet larger than our current pet with skills.

To be honest, it's something I don't consider as important at all... mail system and just plain old access to new maps and dungeons takes priority over this any time.

07-20-2008 06:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JJJ Offline
JJJ

lol eA can be evil >.>

they seem to spend 90% of their time on maps, monsters, and items....
then 6 months after they put in a new map, with new monsters, and new items, they look back and go "oh hey look there's another feature here"

so don't expect much in the ways of added features, quests, special systems, or anything like that from eA....

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
07-20-2008 10:21 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

You know Ayu you're gotten pretty good at keeping up to date with tech stuff Icon_smile

It's like she said, eA is sort of free for all, not everything gets worked on in order ^_^; but hey they do it for free and we get to enjoy ro <3

Someday we'll have mercenaries Icon_razz

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-21-2008 01:25 PM