Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem with playing ANY server
Naisha Offline

Problem with playing ANY server

Well, to start off, i have tried many other servers before this one, and I cant seem to get any of them working. I download and update kRO and Sakray so many times, and still cant play any RO. I would get to the Username/Password screeen, type in my info, and it always says 'Please Wait...'

Shortly afterward, it tells me 'Failed to connect to server' I dont know how to get past it, and I have given up trying to figure it out for myself. I PMed Pandora, and she told me to post a pic of my RO folder. (Which is the reason i even opened up this thread. xD)

[Image: heROfolder.jpg]
This pic is the full-installer i got from the forums.

I also dwnloaded the June patch to make sure i got all the updates i needed, but it still gives me the same result, 'Failed To Connect To Server' If anybody has any information on what i should do, it would help me so much. Thanks for your time and effort listening to me go on and on and on and on and on and.....umm, nvm mind. O.O;

Thanks a bunch, and hope to be playing soon! Thanks everyone!

~Naisha~Love

[Image: Sahima.png]
[Image: Sahima2.png]
07-31-2008 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Belial Offline

RE: Problem with playing ANY server

I'm not hugely versed in these types of problems, but it really sounds to me (since you have problems with any server you try) that it may be a firewall issue. Not sure what to tell you to do.

[Image: 54ebafui6.gif]
07-31-2008 12:36 PM
Naisha Offline

Wow, actually, i never even thought of my firewall being the problem. I actually risked it and turned it off completely, hoping that it would accept the client. But yes......same result. My heart was beating when I pressed enter with my username. xD I was like 'please work, please work, please work, please work!' But no change.

But i really do appreciate the help Belial.Icon_biggrin Thanks a bunch

~Naisha~

07-31-2008 12:47 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I don't think it will change much, but rename the data folder (to anything, it could be data2 or data_)

But the problem is most likely with the internet, upon looking at your ip I checked it and you're trying to play from a college, often times they will block certain ports, which will prevent you from playing unfortunately.

So what kind of internet do you have, is it provided by your school? Do you know if it runs via a proxy?

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-31-2008 01:06 PM
Naisha Offline

Wow, yah, i am playing from a college. Its a campus internet, and is provided by the school, but it usually doesnt have any restrictions at all. I mean, if they do have blocked ports, i cant imagine why they would block Ragnarok. I dunno, my dad works for the college, ill try to ask him what type of internet it runs on.

But, thanks so much for your help, I really do appreciate it. Thanks again, you guys have answered alot of my questions. Icon_biggrin Have an amazing day!

~Naisha~

07-31-2008 01:16 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Since your dad works for the school maybe he can unblock the ports (if they're blocked). If they're blocked it has nothing to do with Ragnarok, they do it for security reason probably. I know at my workplace the ports are blocked too.

Have a nice day too ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-31-2008 01:36 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

they do it also to restrict traffic but that has a lil more to do with p2p fileshareing ..its a long shot but also check and see if you have something called peer guardian running .. i havent heard of it blocking rag but it does other games that i play.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
07-31-2008 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

i couldnt play alot of games when i was dorming because of that Icon_sad.

but there was a way around it using VPN client or something but i dont remember it.
07-31-2008 06:02 PM