Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Left 4 Dead
BlueAlchemy Offline

Left 4 Dead

One of the few Online zombie survival games I'm looking forward too besides resident evil 5. Its a 4 player co-op game with a Counter-strike style of gameplay. Theres not much of a story, but from what I've seen on gametrailers.com, its a really cool game.

The main thing thats awesome is the replayability, instead of just placing zombies at certain points of the level, the game has an AI director, which places the zombies and bosses depending on how the game is going, which basicly means that everytime you play the game, its going to have a diffrent outcome, So you'll never know where the bosses are gonna be or where the intense battles and ambush's are going to take place.

Theres also a game mode where players can also play as the bosses and stop the human team from finishing the level

Scheduled to be released on: November 30th 2008 for PC and xbox 360

not everything about the game is mentioned here so if your intrested in learning more about the game, search it up on game trailers.com or some other similar website.

Links
List of trailers

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
VixPaladin  (for gods sake I'm a priest not a paladin)
Check out my store!
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2008 01:46 AM by BlueAlchemy.)
08-19-2008 04:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cantee Offline
ReefingMadman

RE: Left 4 Dead

i heard the AI in the game kinda sucks but the multiplayer is to die for.
12-11-2008 01:51 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

.... It is already on PC.
You can buy it via Steam.

Infact, it is being layed on the other side of the room right now.
And has been for the past week or so. Almost non-stop. <<
I now know most of the zombie types by sound only, even though I have never played it yet. XD

Being a zombie is more awesome... you get to -hunt-.

The AI, especially when they are the survivors, tend to look after each other, rather than you. However, as always, there are real players just as bad. XD

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-11-2008 02:38 AM
Galt Offline
Lurker

Yes, the game is indeed killer.

Also, people with the scoped rifles can go either way. They can either suck at them, or they can own via hallway bullet penetration massacre. But for the most part, it's either hit or miss whether you get a good team.

At least in the case for me. Icon_razz

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
12-11-2008 10:03 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??Left 4 Dead

Galt Wrote:Yes, the game is indeed killer.

Also, people with the scoped rifles can go either way. They can either suck at them, or they can own via hallway bullet penetration massacre. But for the most part, it's either hit or miss whether you get a good team.

At least in the case for me. Icon_razz

Aye, I've heard the laughter of "My God. They only got 6% through!" from the other end of the room.

However, it is a new gae, so hopefully those... struggling players will improve.

I do like how you can beat things away with your shotguns, and then shoot them in the head~
Not to mention you keep reloading while beating zombies with the butt of your gun, so you are never -completely- helpless.
.... Unless a Hunter gets you.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-12-2008 12:07 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Most players are not even as good as the AI teammates. When hunting players as zombies I have found that normal players will fall into silly little traps and are much easier to sneak up on. The AI (especially Zoey who uses the hunting rifle) will snipe you through the trees from outside a smoker's range or two. The game is a team game and like any good zombie movie it's the people who wander from the group which die first.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
12-12-2008 07:33 PM
BlueAlchemy Offline

Kadar Wrote:Most players are not even as good as the AI teammates.??When hunting players as zombies I have found that normal players will fall into silly little traps and are much easier to sneak up on.??The AI (especially Zoey who uses the hunting rifle) will snipe you through the trees from outside a smoker's range or two.??The game is a team game and like any good zombie movie it's the people who wander from the group which die first.

That is so true, but man I never knew the survivor bots were that skilled. Today I learned to never look out a window while your team mates are preoccupied. I did so on blood harvest finale today, then I got dragged out the 2nd floor window by a smoker, then pounced on by a hunter then beaten by 10-30 zombies and died right when my team mates managed to blast the hunter off me, and all I did was look out a window to snipe a boomerLaugh

Anyone seen the old trailers? if you ask me the older character models (with an exception for Francis) were way more cooler

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
VixPaladin  (for gods sake I'm a priest not a paladin)
Check out my store!
12-16-2008 02:04 AM
Moetownman Offline

Its Really Not a Half Bad...

Downloaded the hacked version

just multi and single player story

love the parts when the group of 30 zombies attack at once...

ohh another great part when you throw a pipe nade...

the group of zombies will follow it... and then i blows them all up...

thing i dont like is the witch in the game....

they freaken own you every time... like instant death... lol

[Image: SIGN-1-2.jpg]
01-27-2009 12:32 AM
Grombo Offline

the survivors exhibit some of the worst AI i've ever seen, its only really worth playing with other people/friends.

its way better to actually pay for the game, though it sells soley on replay value, only 4 campaigns which take around an hour or less each, i'd say rent it and do a couple days of hardcore playing.

[Image: boxmanvibranceuu8.png]
Swordsman/Knight - Grombo
Merchant/Alchemist - IKEA
01-27-2009 04:56 AM
ROCKFISH Offline

Grombo Wrote:the survivors exhibit some of the worst AI i've ever seen, its only really worth playing with other people/friends.

its way better to actually pay for the game, though it sells soley on replay value, only 4 campaigns which take around an hour or less each, i'd say rent it and do a couple days of hardcore playing.
I honestly don't understand were you get the idea that the AI in L4D is bad...It's made by Turtle Rock Studies renowned for making some of the best AI in video games. I play this game quite extensively and I personally think your teammates work very well together for how much is going on. Be glad it wasn't some crappy EA team or something working on it or you wouldn't get through a campaign on easyLaugh

But seriously, this game is only truly enjoyable when your playing with your friends. Public servers just don't seem to cut it for me since its not guaranteed that everyone your going to be paired up with isn't a griefer or an asshole. But once you go through playing with some friends trying to survive a campaign on expert or go into some pubs you'd never play single player again.

Also, tip for killing the witch on any difficulty. Walk up to her with any shotgun and shoot her directly in the face point blank. If you do it just right its a one hit kill and you can get your "Crowned" achievement.

Not in cruelty,
Not in wrath,
The Reaper came today;
An angel visited
this gray path,
And took the cube away.

A doctor cures people.
A medic makes them more comfortable. While they die.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samael - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
MattyF - 8x/50 Fail Monk
01-27-2009 11:18 PM