Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"General" PvP Rules Agreement
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE:??"General" PvP Rules Agreement

Kadar Wrote:A lot of the people who PvP don't like PvP events (or events in general).??It may not always be a 'bad time' or 'bad day' but more an issue of overcoming the fact that almost every PvP event to date has failed miserably and people don't really want to waste their time (or catalysts) if they think it's not going to be fun.??Although, that's exactly why this thread was made so that people will have input on the event and hopefully overcome that.

Kadar raises a good point. Personally, I find random pvp or dueling to be rather boring, as RO is all about the one hit kills. ToH is a great example of this. One on one, the balance between classes is too broken to ever see a decent pvp match.

For a more entertaining PvP experience you need to look at group pvp. The format used by the USRC is a good example, although I'm not sure of the practicality of such a tournament on heRO.

Basically, the tournament is announced a few months in advance. People form teams of 8 members (either in the Trans of Non-trans divisions). Gravity holds the tournament on a separate server, as people compete from across the 3 servers hosted by iRO. Each team nominates the classes they wish to use (I can't remember whether or not people had to have the classes on the server they played already or not). The GM team would make characters for each member of the team at level 90/60 (for trans). These characters would be allowed to nominate the gears they wanted to use during the tournament (based on strict limitations). Of course, there are a lot of teams on a server like iRO, so a ladder system was used, with one team going on to the next round after each match.

Now, I realise such a system would need quite a bit of tweaking to work effectively on heRO, but I think it would provide a much more interesting pvp event compared to the one sided style of ToH PVP.

While I have many ideas for how such a system could be setup on heRO, so that it would be somewhat streamlined and workable, I'd prefer to see some expression of interest before spending any time on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr:

1 on 1 PvP is broken/boring. Group PvP is much more interesting and requires team work and more skill than what is shown in events like ToH.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
09-30-2008 12:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: "General" PvP Rules Agreement

Thank you AuriaI, I think I mentioned small group pvp to be more interesting earlier in this topic but its so long now I don't remember nor care to go look to see if I did say something.

*Would prefer small team pvp of like 3vs3 or 5vs5 or something along those lines*

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-30-2008 12:06 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Last time we tried, that didn't go very well either in turn-out using 2 weeks in advance and people actually spoke in favor of "lower number pvping." And so we did. Let's head back to group pvp again after asking for 1vs1 and not going through it now? Sweat

Whichever you wants want to pick though for 1vs1 or 2vs2 or 3vs3 or whatever, I'm fine with hosting it though~ Pick one and if the demand for it exist, be happy to provide?

///

I'm pretty sure that we won't use USRC format to use pre-made character, sorry... I'll be honest to admit that I'm far too lazy to make up teams of X and get the right items/stats for everyone as they demanded before hand and so on. Also, the lack of necessary commands to raise/lower a character's level doesn't help too well against laziness~

As much as how premade characters all on the same level and access to the same series of gears is the epitome of a pure test on skills rather than grind time, I don't think I'm all too much for the idea as of this date in time...

(Plus, I hate to be tied down on a date months and months in the future)

///

1vs1 or 2vs2 seem most plausible to me right now, but if 3vs3 is also wanted then that's fine with me. 4vs4 or 5vs5, it is just less work for me and I don't mind, but I will start having my doubts if we got people to reach that high level up there.

Also, if group pvp comes into play, then obviously the skill that need discussion is Resurrection then. If it's group pvp, what do we do about that one?

///

Pretty sure we'll at least have a 1vs1 tournament (@Krim: as in the sign up in advance type) soon though~ Info should be out on Wednesday.

09-30-2008 01:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

If it is held in a pvp arena, Res will be effective only once, with the player being kicked from the room upon dying a second time.

3v3 would be decent (larger teams up to around 5v5 would be more dynamic) but it would be dependent on how many people show up.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
09-30-2008 01:35 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

remember the prize for last really successful pvp tourney were alice dolls before hatter was implemented Icon_wink

that might have helped its success Icon_razz

3v3 sounds fun! Icon_suprised
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2008 05:38 AM by teOx.)
09-30-2008 05:36 AM
Former-GM-Auron Offline
GM-Dolly supreme

My 2vs2 event didn't go too bad appart from the extremelly long time it took.Icon_razz, all it needs is tweaking. Trial and error with set rules will end up giving us the right format of numbers and rules. So first tip I can give is simple rules and the least amount of restrictions.

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Kaoreii Wrote:auron-sama is the forum cleaner :D
Dolly Extrodinair, GM of Many sizes, and Forum Janitor =o
That's me. Icon_biggrin[Image: GM-Auron.gif]
10-05-2008 02:49 AM
Ahura Offline

erm iunno if this was mentioned before But why is ninja in the trans category?
10-05-2008 03:01 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

The combination of Cicada, Tatami, and hide -> jump.??You're for the most part immune to all non-trans attacks. If people know very specific anti-ninja strategies then they should do fine with certain non-trans but if you're a really well geared ninja you could counter.??I would assume that is the reason.??Trans have more skills which can counter ninjas and even then ninjas can give trans trouble. Thus ninjas are in the trans category.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2008 05:19 PM by Kadar.)
10-05-2008 05:14 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

Ahura Wrote:erm iunno if this was mentioned before But why is ninja in the trans category?

because ayu said so.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2008 06:21 PM by teOx.)
10-05-2008 06:21 PM
Ahura Offline

Kadar Wrote:The combination of Cicada, Tatami, and hide -> jump.??You're for the most part immune to all non-trans attacks.??If people know very specific anti-ninja strategies then they should do fine with certain non-trans but if you're a really well geared ninja you could counter.??I would assume that is the reason.??Trans have more skills which can counter ninjas and even then ninjas can give trans trouble.??Thus ninjas are in the trans category.
to be fair with the amount of damage gs can do and the amount of builds for it i would really say the same goes for gs and to be fair fact is its easy to kill ninjas nearly all classes have skills that can go through cica and if they don't their trans for the most wouldn't. my point is a good gs would have as much as easy time as a good ninja would with none trans ive seen quite a few gsers that can 1hit ko most non transed >.> and trans >.>

EDIT
also wanted to add hell even super novices are more over powered then ninja in my opinion
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2008 06:35 PM by Ahura.)
10-05-2008 06:28 PM