Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tournament discussion/questions
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Ayunub

fixed~

10-01-2008 05:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JJJ Offline
JJJ

so basically, i get to use 2 of my 3 natural skills then?
first aid and basic skill?

sigh honestly if you wanted to restrict novies why put?

Angelic Guard[1] +9
Angelic Cardigan[1] +9
Angelic Protection[1] +9
Angel's Reincarnation[1] +9
Angel's Kiss[1] +9

as prizes? because honestly i don't know anyone thats going to bother wasting a prize on a novie class, if their mains not a novie class

anyway, normally i'd participate for fun, but if i do you guys are most likely just going to complain about how me participating is pretty much giving out free points to people, same as in ToH and bla bla all that stuff, so i'll pass >.>

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
10-01-2008 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

*sigh* I didn't mean it like that Icon_sad

But it is going to be pretty hard placing a novice in the lineup, I wouldnt wanna be ayu, anyway this is her event her rules, not stepping in anymore.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-01-2008 09:32 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Because Super Novices can also have the same access to use those equips, so I don't think that putting in the novice only gears are in anyway a "taunt" against anyone. Super Novices can be quite a force to fight against in this division. Also, I'm pretty sure that many people, especially the older players, have alternative characters they may want to use in the non-trans event, in which case they may want to head for some gears for their alternatives. Equipping their novice classes alternatives is all a possibility~

Cloak, hide, and those things everyone has access to an universal equipment to fight against it. Play Dead unless I'm missing something, is not something *every* class can counter, even using equips of any rarity as far as I know. Wide Bleeding I'm not even sure if any class have access to that one... so we're left with provoke and dispel, which dooms play dead. Sadly, those 2 spells are limited to sage, super novice and swordsman branch... (you can't use equip to get provoke cause most of those equips gives you a chance to use provoke when you are attacking, and the problem right now is that there is no target to attack on.)

Really Play Dead isn't the single move with this problem... thanks to this thread, I'm just reminded of another similar skill that's even worse than Play Dead to fight against that also can use a bit of limit: Basilica. (can't even dispel/provoke that one... not to mention it's somewhat buggy to begin with)

a player's question Wrote:you'll have to explain me what's the difference between a character not being able to beat a "play dead" player and a spellcaster not being able to beat a gtb weared one

The difference: at least you can "do something" as the caster against GTB. You aren't necessarily effective or are the methods extremely plausible, but there's something you can do at least. You can try against an extremely steep uphill battle, but you can "do something." Grab a knife and stab him. Magic Crasher with a status weapon or breaker-weapons or something... Is it extremely practical compare to the Lord Knight grabbing the GTB in one hand and spiraling you the other? Not too much, but at least "in theory" you can do it eventually.

Against Play Dead being casted in prebuff? You got nothing to do at all in whatever the reality is, unless you are born into some classes. You are denied the chance to even try to break Play Dead, since the skills necessary to break Play Dead, to my knowledge, is not available to every class.

So I said this to a player, and I'll tell rest of you then for fairness purpose:

"if you can, using any obtainable equip including mvp cards or ultra rare gears (as long as they are obtainable), find a way for *any class* to "do something" against Play Dead (such as even breaking Play Dead so the novice has to recast it, even for just a tiny second) besides stand around and wait out the 3 minute, I'll allow the skill."

10-01-2008 11:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

RE:??Ayunub

GM-Ayu Wrote:Trans division defined as: all transcedent classes, Ninja, Taekwon, Star Gladiator

Non Trans division defined as: Non-Transcedent basic 6 classes, Novice, Super Novice, Gunslinger, Soul Linker
i would just like to point out that Gunslinger should really be in the trans division as well - just a thought

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
10-01-2008 11:32 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

I'll have to disagree. With the exception of Full Buster (and its cool down), their output damage isn't that high compared to trans and their HP is rather low even compared to non-trans.

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
10-01-2008 11:41 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

at first i thought slingers would be bad in non-trans, but then i remembered hunters can output more damage than them quite easily because of the cooldown. granted that slingers can do really really high damage, but they then have to wait 10 seconds to do it again, whereas hunters can do more damage in that 10 second period.
10-02-2008 04:31 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I'm pretty keen that the division on who fits in which bracket of tournament will stay like this ^_^; Yes I know about how Taekwon is up in trans, and soul linker is the job change of taekwon yet soul linker is down in non-trans. That's all deliberate too (but thanks to those who PMed me thinking that I made a mistake anyway~) along with how slinger is in friday's bracket, but ninja is up at saturday's bracket.

The only things to really still "change" if you want to try is if you think that it's urgent skill balancing that it must be addressed to, yet I haven't covered yet~

10-02-2008 04:57 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE: Tournament discussion/questions

So whats the restrictions on priests?

I read that theres no healing so...........

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
10-02-2008 09:04 AM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE: Tournament discussion/questions

The rules state, no healing/restoration items, referring to potions/fish etc. Wouldn't make much sense to limit the use of the healing skill, considering priests don't have any other skills to give them an "edge" in pvp.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
10-02-2008 10:46 AM