Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who wants to be a millionaire ;o!
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

RE: Who wants to be a millionaire ;o!

The audience will be sitting with me where I decide to host it ! I don't wanna fill up main more then it already is on some days. It would just force people to @main off. and yeah time limits could eliminate cheating to an extent.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
10-22-2008 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

or maybe "Phone a Friend" can be translated to "RMS/RODB Search" (admit it, we all used either RMS or RODB at one point or another).

Sounds fine to me. Sakurato PM me your expected prizes you are willing to give out, and I'll sponsor part of it.

10-22-2008 11:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Custel Offline

Well, there are so many ways to poke holes in this but the only way I can think of is:

- 2 people hosting the event minimum.
- 1 Person asking questions on main/general chat.
- 1 Person constantly PMing the challenger to make sure their PM is disabled.
- Challenger has to leave guild & party.
- Challenger has to hotkey an emoticon and constantly use/spam it during the whole duration of the event - unless they are answering a question or requesting an aid option- To make sure they don't alt+tap or use "other" methods to answer.
- If the Challenger has to -go afk- during the game, s/he loses and gets whatever amount of money they reached.
- No audience. If they can see the asked question, they can help via MSN/TS/Vent...etc - UNLESS you are certain the people that want to be there are honest people who wouldn't ruin the fun and point of the event (Yeah right).

Anything I missed?
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2008 11:54 AM by Custel.)
10-22-2008 11:51 AM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Well another idea for kind of eliminating the use of browsers the player has to keep moving during the duration of the question. Even if it's just one cell back to the other, pair that with /exall. It's kind of an abstract, whacky idea but it would certainly work Icon_razz

good suggestion ayu and sponsoring sounds nice Icon_biggrin.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2008 11:54 AM by Sakurato.)
10-22-2008 11:53 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Nice idea, and nice suggestions everyone, would love to see that kind of event happen ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-22-2008 12:05 PM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

RE:??Who wants to be a millionaire ;o!

Custel Wrote:Well, there are so many ways to poke holes in this but the only way I can think of is:

- 2 people hosting the event minimum.
- 1 Person asking questions on main/general chat.
- 1 Person constantly PMing the challenger to make sure their PM is disabled.
- Challenger has to leave guild & party.
- Challenger has to hotkey an emoticon and constantly use/spam it during the whole duration of the event - unless they are answering a question or requesting an aid option- To make sure they don't alt+tap or use "other" methods to answer.
- If the Challenger has to -go afk- during the game, s/he loses and gets whatever amount of money they reached.
- No audience. If they can see the asked question, they can help via MSN/TS/Vent...etc - UNLESS you are certain the people that want to be there are honest people who wouldn't ruin the fun and point of the event (Yeah right).

Anything I missed?

Never thought of guild/Party. Sounds like a good idea! Emoticon also sounds better then them having to move back and forth. As for AFK, I'll think on that and get back to youIcon_biggrin.

One that concerns me is the audience, you are very correct about them being able to cheat. Ideas on this one anyone :/?

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
10-22-2008 12:28 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

idea, put the player into a small arena (12x12?) within ears range of questioner and spawn an slow agressive monster. If they die due to lack of movement, they lose. If they die just because they ran into it by "accident" a res will be given once and only once. If they die due to unable to out run it (will hopefully be rare cases) and die to multiple hits from it, then res'ing is permited for as long as the host, player or GM, feels like. I suggest the map bat_room if that map is avalible here. It'd be at the center and monsters such as photon cannons or any non-moving agressinve mob be spawned around the place to prevent people from roaming around. Players/Audiance sit to either the left or right and host(s) or gm(s) will be positioned at the top or bottom to keep the agressive mob from escaping (with ice/fire wall maybe?) If the player leaves the area, they are disqualified.

Audiance or no audience, people will ask on msn if they don't see the question. Sure it'll eat up some time, but it'll probably be enough to get the answer. You should also limit the ammount of time the person has to answer becuase unlike the show, giving that long "think period" is basicly cheating waiting to happen.
Theres also the option of puting the audiance out of listening range and use announcements for everything, but that'd be a hastle as only gm's can do it.

I suggest against constant pm'ing since that'd be pm flooding and that could actually cause more trouble if they need to read a question but disappears into the lines of pm's.

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2008 12:47 PM by GT-Hiro.)
10-22-2008 12:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

RE:??Who wants to be a millionaire ;o!

GT-Hiro Wrote:I suggest against constant pm'ing since that'd be pm flooding and that could actually cause more trouble if they need to read a question but disappears into the lines of pm's.

With /exall on it will say the user if off line. SO we wont have to worry abotu a PM flood.

As for your monster in the middle idea I don't know.. the only viable option at this point would be to add a time limit which would actually be a good idea so the event doesn't run super long.

Is anyone opposed to a time limit? if so why? If you agree with a timelimit how long should it be?

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
10-22-2008 12:45 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

30 seconds a a minute per question is probably enough :o

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-22-2008 12:50 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

time limites should be 45~60 seconds. Give a short think period and a small cheat window. Any shorter would not be enough think time and any longer opens itself to cheating.

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
10-22-2008 12:56 PM