Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dual Clienting
-benji- Offline

Dual Clienting

Was wondering if dual clienting will ever be made possible?

I understand dual clienting is banned due to the possibility of abuse. And that being concerned about the server, the GMs would have thought of disallowing it at first.

However, I was hoping that dual clienting be allowed. This is due to the fact that sometimes, I have to transfer items between accounts. And I have to get someone else to do it for me or (god forbid) drop trade.

I am pretty sure there are other players who have to do this too. And also, theres the issue of having a buff slave =p So, having a dual client would allow the char to actually be there for the buff. Not just logging on to the priest while the main char disappears >.>

I hope this can be considered. Thanks :D
11-16-2008 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Midboss Offline
Dark Adonis

RE: Dual Clienting

I believe buff slaves are exactly what they want to eliminate. Could be wrong, but I rather doubt it in this instance. However, being allowed to trade items/zeny between accounts for vending WOULD be nice...

PPF Wrote:Midboss is clearly the living embodiment of Captain Falcon. Melee Captain Falcon.
11-16-2008 11:44 AM
-benji- Offline

Icon_suprised why would they wanna eliminate buff slaves?

Cause in my case, I need a soul linker's Kahi. So I was marrying my friend's account to get the buff. So it's more of a "log on -> kahii -> log off".

But without dual clienting, thats not possible for me since I only have one computer. But I understand using a priest as a buff slave would not be very fair to the other priests in the server. Perhaps a time restriction or something could be placed on the second opened client?
11-16-2008 11:48 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

I think it was a lot of things that caused both the GMs and the community to want to get rid of it...and they did.

I'm just fine and peachy without dualing myself. Although, I also understand that transferring items is a pain @_@ but that's why they're working on the mail system.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
11-16-2008 11:55 AM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

About the trade, there's a mail system that'll probably be implemented when its bugs are fixed so no need to dual.
About the buff slave, wth we need to find real people to help us, Ragnarok was made to bring people together in parties not solo'ing everything and everywhere. That's a reason gravity is/was nerfing a lot of classes/skills/items, they want us to party more and more.
11-16-2008 12:16 PM
-benji- Offline

Yea.I'm fully supportive of not having buff slaves. And I do love huge parties with FS priests :3

But in this instance, the buff is pretty..um..unique? In a sense that I must find a soul linker to marry for Kahii.. so..I dont know :o Thinking
11-16-2008 01:32 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Or find two linkers to give each other soul linker buffs and then give you the buffs you want Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-16-2008 02:13 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

good luck finding a linker to link another linker, we don't really have that many linker mains out there, a lot are just alts that hardly see the light of day. i don't think i've even been "buffed" with a soullink once since i've been here. i have seen it a couple times, but not very often at that.

what we need is more soul linker character made, whether as alts or mains it doesn't matter, so long as there would be those buffs available if needed.
11-16-2008 04:25 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Suggestion : sticky previous threads about DC and Reset costs =)

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
11-16-2008 04:39 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

IMHO even without dual clienting and a bit of effort, you could get what you want (the buffs, not the DC!) though you have to work a bit for it...

but my suggestion would be: go marry an SL and play with him/her/it (i don't judge) xP jk...

i personally don't play all that much, i mostly play on weekends with my GF and it makes things more fun (sitting next to each other at least, a monk and a knight can't really hunt together effectively xP)... i don't like monotonous work such as grinding, etc. so playing with my GF really helps IMHO...

mmm and no i don't think this needs to be stickied, not until there is really a dire and pressing need for it anyways...

i mean srsly, you could offer to buy links and buffs and stuff (not unheard of and effective IMHO) and most ppl in pront seem to buff anyone they see there even when not asked for (and even when AFK) so just check pront out sometimes...

-w-
11-17-2008 03:37 AM