Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I won pvp
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: I won pvp

i don't have a sniper, so i gotta ask: is FA really that great DPS-wise even for PVM?

i made my GF a hunter (lvl 8x now) that with low INT (<10), 7x dex, 7x agi and 5x LUK, auto-blitz occurs quite often dealing 800ish damage each time (forced-neutral but def-ignoring, a property shared with FA). On RODE's calc i made a 99 INT 99 DEX sniper and basically FA does 6900 damage with true sight and improve conc on.

Now with FA's 1-sec cast time (though reducible by dex) and 3-sec cast delay (this is the important thing), is FA's DPS even worth it (as opposed to an agi-dex-luk build)?

sorry if i somehow derailed the thread, but i'm just asking around about FA here... xP

-w-
03-11-2009 11:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sepharius Offline
:3

I'd say it isn't worth it because of the somewhat large SP usage. FA, imo, is more of a thing to one hit lower level mobs than to really use it against something of a higher level/larger size.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
03-11-2009 11:34 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Unless you've got bragi, lex, or plan to kite an mvp to death. It's also not bad vs high def monsters you'd normally have trouble with. Pure Int/Dex FA sniper is a valid build if you plan to do those things and not much else.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
03-12-2009 12:28 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i see... well i thought so... some ppl do post pure FA sniper faqs just for fun it seems...

thx kadar and caffran

-w-
03-12-2009 01:06 AM
Sepharius Offline

RE:??I won pvp

Kadar Wrote:Unless you've got bragi, lex, or plan to kite an mvp to death.??It's also not bad vs high def monsters you'd normally have trouble with.??Pure Int/Dex FA sniper is a valid build if you plan to do those things and not much else.

Bragi is good with FA, but if you're planning to kill something with high HP, you'll be burning through whatever little SP your sniper has.

At least, thats the experience I've had on another server, and from what I've heard from others as well.

03-12-2009 01:18 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

46 sp per cast but with a Pure FA build you've got 1000 sp. You won't be burning through that as fast as you think even with Bragi. It's certainly fast enough with a good bragi clown to take down high hp monsters. Lex'd you're doing a good 10k per hit. So it's not really a bad pvm skill if you've got good support.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
03-12-2009 01:42 AM
Sepharius Offline

RE:??I won pvp

Kadar Wrote:46 sp per cast but with a Pure FA build you've got 1000 sp.??You won't be burning through that as fast as you think even with Bragi.??It's certainly fast enough with a good bragi clown to take down high hp monsters.??Lex'd you're doing a good 10k per hit.??So it's not really a bad pvm skill if you've got good support.

Aye, but good support is something pretty hard to find these days... thats why I usually lone it. In one of the big guilds it might not be a hard thing to find/do, but for me, where I always have to work by myself (not that the things I do are interesting anyways... Hill Winds for eternity), its rather hard to find efficient support, though it would be nice for a change to get someone to heal/buff me all the time, or a SinX of Sunset to boost my speed.

Ah, what am I saying. I've never even used an FA build before. >_<

03-12-2009 01:45 AM
Killouz Offline
Siromas Killer :D

Killouz > Gravity

[Image: SiromaHopHrtc.gif]         [/align]          [Image: SiromaRevAv.gif][align=justify]
03-12-2009 10:27 AM
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

Pyro with no lag > Killouz
Icon_twisted

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 10:21 PM by Pyronic.)
03-12-2009 10:20 PM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

Monkey > Eveel Moongkay.

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
03-13-2009 12:12 PM