Mr. Hatter is a popular custom NPC on heRO. By playing his five hat games, you will receive one of his highly prized hats at random at the end of the quest. These are not only valuable aesthetically but also provide stat boosts depending on which hat you get. Mr. Hatter is located one north of Rachel, in the middle of the Grand Temple's courtyard.
If you play his games with him he will randomly select one of his hats to give you. There are 5 games to play; once you're done with the 5th you'll receive your headgear. You can repeat this quest as many times as you like.
A quick overview of his 5 games are listed below.
- Cards: Only certain cards are accepted. These cards are commonly known as "Hatter Cards."
- Item Gathering: Collect 100 of a specified item.
- Item Riddle*: Solve this by giving him the correct item he speaks of in his riddle!
- Gambling Zeny: Bet more money than the Hatter will in this game. You can bet up to 200,000 zeny.
- Trivia*: The Hatter will ask 5 various questions. You will need to get at least 4 correct to finally receive a hat.
- Note: *Should you happen to fail the 2nd or 5th game, you will be taken back to the previous game!
To select which headgear he will give you, he will roll 2 dice with 10 numbers on each; together they will give a number between 0 and 99. In total there are over 100 possibilities! This list is subject to change with each update as new custom hats may be added to it, and some drops might be lowered to fit it all in 100 spots. If a monster is also added or changed on heRO that drops a hatter hat it can be removed from this list. Also, since this quest is meant to provide hats that not available by other means, if a quest is added for any hat they will also be removed.
Hat List If you roll a ...
- 00-01 ~ Wrapped Mask (2%)
- 02 ~ Tiara Samambaia (1%)
- 03 ~ Power of Thor (1%)
- 04 ~ Shaman Coif (1%)
- 05 ~ Alice Doll (1%)
- 06 ~ Kabuki Mask (1%)
- 07 ~ Shaman Hat (1%) new
- 08 ~ Red Glasses (1%)
- 09 ~ Rabbit Ears (1%)
- 10 ~ Chick Hat (1%)
- 11 ~ Kawaii Ribbon (1%)
- 12 ~ Rune Cloth Circlet (1%) new
- 13 ~ Whikebine's Black Cat Ears (1%) new
- 14 ~ Elephant Hat (1%)
- 15 ~ Golden Tiara (0.5%) or Silver Tiara (0.5%)
- 16 ~ Lotus (1%)
- 17 ~ Rideword Hat (1%)
- 18 ~ Vane Hairpin (1%)
- 19 ~ White Petal (1%)
- 20 ~ Pecopeco Hairband (1%)
- 21 ~ Crescent Helm (1%)
- 22 ~ Advanced Mini Propeller (1%)
- 23 ~ Summer Hat (1%)
- 24 ~ Magic Eyes (1%)
- 25 ~ Dokebi's Wig (1%)
- 26 ~ Frog Hat (1%)
- 27 ~ Whisper Mask (1%)
- 28 ~ National Holiday Hat (1%)
- 29 ~ Solar Panels (1%)
- 30 ~ Magic Rabbit Hat (1%) new
- 31 ~ Bird Nest (1%)
- 32 ~ Purple Cowboy Hat (1%)
- 33 ~ Kettle Hat (1%)
- 34 ~ Valkyrie Feather Band (1%)
- 35 ~ Bullock Helm (1%)
- 36 ~ Coppola (1%)
- 37 ~ Fish Head Hat (1%)
- 38 ~ Baseball Cap (0.5%) or iRO Baseball Cap (0.5%)
- 39 ~ Pretty Black(if Dark Side) or Red Ribbon (if Light Side) (1%)
- 40 ~ Purple Velvet Hat (1%)
- 41 ~ Autumn Leaves (1%)
- 42 ~ SantaPoring Cap (1%)
- 43 ~ Heaven Maiden's Flower (1%)
- 44 ~ Pagdayaw (1%)
- 45 ~ Hunter Cap (1%)
- 46 ~ Maiden Hat/Dress Hat/Ribbon Hat (1%)
- 47 ~ Victory Wings (1%)
- 48 ~ Sale Banner (1%)
- 49 ~ Ramen Hat (1%)
- 50 ~ Glasses (0.25%) or Sunglasses (0.25%) or Rudolf's Red Nose (0.5%)
- 51 ~ Cyclop's Eye (1%)
- 52 ~ Angeling Pin (1%)
- 53 ~ Ship Captain Hat(1%)
- 54 ~ Yellow Ribbon (0.5%) or Yellow Bandana (0.5%)
- 55 ~ Chicken Hat (1%)
- 56 ~ Tiger Mask (0.5%) or Lion Mask (0.5%)
- 57 ~ Dragon Skull (1%)
- 58 ~ Goat Horns (1%)
- 59 ~ Shark Hat (1%)
- 60 ~ Wandering Minstrel Hat (0.5%) or Red Minstrel (0.5%)
- 61 ~ Koneko Hat (1%) new
- 62 ~ Dark Randgris Helm (1%) new
- 63 ~ Nest Hat (1%)
- 64 ~ Phoenix Crown (1%)
- 65 ~ Hair Brush (1%) new
- 66 ~ Puppy Hat/sitting dog (1%)
- 67 ~ Close Helmet (1%)
- 68 ~ Persika (1%) new
- 69 ~ Flower Lily (1%)
- 70 ~ Nekomimi Kafra Hairband (1%) new
- 71 ~ Hermode Cap (1%)
- 72 ~ Helm of Darkness (1%)
- 73 ~ Sunflower Hairpin (1%)
- 74 ~ Flying Angel (1%)
- 75 ~ Poring Cake Hat (1%) new
- 76 ~ Geographer Decoration (1%)
- 77 ~ Crooked Hat (1%)
- 78 ~ Balloon Hat (1%) new
- 79 ~ Statue Of Baby Angel (1%) new
- 80 ~ Luck-O-Irish Hat (1%)
- 81 ~ Note Headphones (1%)
- 82 ~ Marcher Band Hat (1%)
- 83 ~ Drooping Ninetails (1%)
- 84 ~ Adventurer Hat (1%)
- 85 ~ Twin Ribbon (1%)
- 86 ~ Angel Blessing (1%)
- 87 ~ Water Lily Crown (1%)
- 88 ~ Parade Hat (1%) new
- 89 ~ Songkok (if Male) or Seledang (if Female) (1%)
- 90 ~ Captain's Hat (1%)
- 91 ~ Mosquito Coil (1%) new
- 92 ~ Drooping Bunny (1%)
- 93 ~ Sheep Hat (1%)
- 94-95 ~ Kafras Hats (0.333% each, 6 total)
- 96 ~ Poring Party Hat (1%) new
- 97 ~ Side Cap(1%) new
- 98 ~ Helm of Hermes (1%)
- 99 ~ Tiraya Bonnet (1%)
Current chance to get Wrapped Mask: 2%
Mr. Hatter's Card List
|Ambernite Card||Ancient Mummy Card||Anolian Card||Ant Egg Card||Argos Card||Aster Card||Baby Desert Wolf Card||Banshee Card||Beetle King Card||Caramel Card|
|Caterpillar Card||Chonchon Card||Christmas Cookie Card||Coco Card||Condor Card||Cookie Card||Cornutus Card||Crab Card||Creamy Fear Card||Deviruchi Card|
|Dimik Card||Disguise Card||Driller Card||Dullahan Card||Fabre Card||False Angel Card||Familiar Card||Female Thief Bug Card||Galapago Card||Geographer Card|
|Giant Hornet Card||Giant Spider Card||Gibbet Card||Giearth Card||Gig Card||Ghoul Card||Goat Card||High Orc Card||Hode Card||Hornet Card|
|Increase Soil Card||Isis Card||Karasaka Card||Kapha Card||Killer Mantis Card||Kobold Archer Card||Kraben Card||Kukre Card||Leaf Cat Card||Lunatic Card|
|Marionette Card||Marin Card||Martin Card||Megalodon Card||Megalith Card||Merman Card||Metaling Card||Muka Card||Munak Card||Neraid Card|
|Ninetail Card||Obeaune Card||Orc Archer Card||Orc Zombie Card||Picky Card||Poison Spore Card||Poporing Card||Poring Card||Rocker Card||Rotar Zairo Card|
|Santa Poring Card||Savage Card||Seal Card||Shell Fish Card||Shell Picky Card||Skeleton Card||Sleeper Card||Snake Card||Spore Card||Spring Rabbit Card||Stainer Card|
|Steel Chonchon Card||Sting Card||Tarou Card||Thief Bug Card||Thief Bug Egg Card||Venatu Card||Willow Card||Wolf Card||Zenorc Card||Zombie Card||Zombie Slaughter Card|
Total= 91 Cards
- Main Page: Mr. Hatter/Item Gathering
For the Hatter's second game, he will ask you to collect 100 of a certain item.
- Main Page: Mr. Hatter/Riddles
In the Hatter's third game, he will give you a riddle in which you will need to solve and bring the correct item for. Also, when giving him the item in question, he will want you to use the item's ID number. This can be brought up in game by using the @ii command and then entering the name of the item in question.
Examples: @ii jellopy or @ii "sticky mucus"
If you should give him the incorrect item, the Hatter will make you replay the item gathering step again. If you want the answers to the riddles click on the link found in this section for further details.
Note: The Hatter Riddle Answers may not all be available yet.
- Main Page: Mr. Hatter/Trivia
The Hatter's final game is a five question trivia game. He will ask various questions of the player, and you will be provided multiple choices to choose from. You must get at least four out of five of the questions correct or you will have to gamble zeny again with the Hatter.
Note: Some trivia may still not be available on the spoilers page still.
Hat Coloring Service
Apart from the Hat Games, the Hatter can also recolor certain special hats. You will need to have the hat to get it colored, as well as some items and herbs he will require. The ones that you can have colored are as follows:
|Ribbon||Mage Hat||Drooping Cat||Deviruchi Hat|
Note: This recolor is randomized. You have an equal chance of receiving either one of the 4 color schemes OR the Wig cute pet item.
- Note 1: These are recolors from Gravity, not made by the heRO staff. Please don't ask for your favorite hat if it's not in this list. Also, Gravity is somewhat colorblind... some of their white/grey hats appear more brown.
- Note 2: Once you color a hat, you cannot recolor it, so make sure you select carefully.
- Note 3: When you color a hat, your original will be taken, the colored hat will be returned to you without any upgrades or cards.
This rare item can be used to skip the hat games and go directly to the hat receiving part. (It will not affect your hat game if you have one in progress). As mentioned before this item will be very rare, distributed in very limited quantity on special occasions.