Trials of Heroes
Trials of Heroes is an event held once a month and is the only way of obtaining ToH/allegiance-related heRO gear.
- 1 Requirements
- 2 The Rules
- 3 The Trials
- 4 Prizes
- 5 ToH Wings
- 6 See Also
In order for you to join Trials of Heroes (ToH) you will have to fill these requirements
- Pay the entry fee, which is is 200k for level 1-89 non-trans, 300k for level 90-99 non-trans, 400k for level 1-89 trans, and 500k for level 90-99 trans. There will be no refund if you leave before the event ends. If you qualified for a prize you can still receive it later.
- 50 Allegiance points for Light or Dark Allegiance (You just need 50 allegiance points in order to join. You don't lose these points as part the entry fee or as part of the event. Check this link for details about Allegiance points. )
- In order to enter the event talk to ToH NPC located near to the Prontera Tool Shop.
- There is no base level requirement for you to join the event. It is recommended by players that one should only challenge the Trials of Heroes at base level of 80 and higher. However, there are exceptional players who have won a score of 70 or higher with a base level of 70-80. Currently, there are no cases where players below base level 70 to have obtained a score of 70 or higher yet.
- You may not bring any pet to the event.
- Outside buffs (aka not your own) are forbidden, until the team battle where buffs from people of your allegiance are allowed (and encouraged).
- You may bring all you can carry (this includes gears AND consumables), but it must last you the whole event. Once the event starts you will be saved in a room with no further access to your storage, so make good use of what you bring.
- Trading with other players during or between any trials is absolutely forbidden.
- Dropping items on the floor (regardless what the item is), is also forbidden.
- During the monster trial, you are not allowed to tell other players what the monsters are or to drop the loots obtained from them. There is a NPC in the room of this trial who will allow you to sell any unwanted loots.
- Sharing trivia answers in any way is forbidden.
- In PVP trials, the use of the Stalker skill chase walk is limited to 10 consecutive seconds.
- You will be wearing the clothes colors of your allegiance; "Evil Zone" for Dark players and "Sky View" for Light players. Both palettes require that you have 30 points to wear, which cannot be a problem since you need 50 allegiance points to register for the event. See the stylist in Prontera to change your clothes color! (The ToH NPC will change you automatically if you forget).
- Priest are at a disadvantage in this event, even if in "battle Priest" mode. They do not have much particularly good attack skills. Because of this I have decided to give a handicap of 15 points to Priests and of 10 points to High Priests. In addition, novices (but not supernovices) get 10 points, and baby classes get 5 points.
- You are responsible of your time and attendance. Things such as lag, d/c, problems with your internet connection, etc. are your responsibility. If you decide to go AFK for any reason and are not back when your presence is needed we will not wait for you. Same goes if you have to leave the ToH early.
- If for some reason you could not stay until the end of the ToH and have not collected your prize, simply visit the Prize giver NPC, located in the Aldebaran guild hall. Make sure to collect it before attempting to enter the next ToH (otherwise the points from the previous ToH will be lost).
- Spectators are no longer allowed in the event.
Banned consumables and items
- Yggdrasil Leaf
- Yggdrasil Berry
- Yggdrasil Seed
- Angel Fish
- Dory Fish
- Nemo Fish
- Fly wings
- Butterfly wings
- Dead branches
- Bloody branches
- Buffing food
- Buffing items, such as authoritative badges, boxes of Gloom, Thunder and Storm also are included in this.
- Small life potion
- Large physical defense potion
- Large magic defense potion
- You may also bring up to 5 Elemental Converters (those are made by Sages with their job quest skill) OR Cursed Water. That's 5 altogether and the entry NPC of the ToH will verify them. For example: If you have 3 of each converter (total 12), the NPC will not allow you to join.
There are 5 different trials, and each aspiring hero will participate in 4 of them and try to score as many points as possible. See further below for a list of the points and their rewards.
Out of the first 3 trials, each participant must choose 2. The last 2 trials are open to everyone and give bonus points.
1. Monster fighting (50 points in total, 5 phases)
The participant who chooses this trial will have to go through 5 corridors, each containing different monsters. The participant will start at one end of the room, the monsters being in the middle and must get to the end of the room. Each room will be limited to 2 minutes and participants are healed in between phases.
- Killing all the monsters and crossing the room without dying earns you 10 points.
- Getting to the end of the room without dying but failing to kill all the monsters earns you 5 points.
- Killing all the monsters in the room without making it to the end earns you 5 points.
- Dying in a room earns you 0 points.
- Failing to get to the end of the room or to kill all monsters in 2 minutes earns you 0 points.
2. Item gathering (50 points, 5 types of items)
The participant who chooses this trial will have to collect certain items in a closed map (clone of Alberta city) with special monsters with special drops and NPCs who will trade you certain items. This will make it impossible to pre-gather the items (players will be checked at the start of the event anyway). There will be a time limit of 20 minutes for the item gathering. Everyone participates in this trial at once. Killstealing is obviously forbidden.
Note: There are 5 different items to gather in this trial, usually 2 of them will need to be made with NPCs, while the other 3 drop directly from the monsters. See the ToH Item Trial page for additional details.
Resurrections are automated every 1 minute.
- Successfully gathering the right amount of an asked item earns you 10 points. Fictional example: the list asks for 10 apples and you gathered 10 (or more).
- Successfully gathering half of the amount of an asked item earns you 5 points. Fictional example: the list asks for 10 apples and you got between 5 and 9.
- Successfully gathering some of the amount (less than half) of an asked item earns you 2 points. Fictional example: the list asks for 10 apples and you got between 1 and 4.
- Failure to gather at least 1 of an asked item earns you 0 points.
3. PVP duels (50 points in total, 5 fights)
The participant who chooses this trial will battle 5 opponents of different classes (if possible) amongst the other aspiring heroes. Each fight will be limited to 2 minutes. All players will be fully healed HP/SP before each fight. There will be a time for prebuffs (your own buffs + taking speed pot) before each fight.
The stalker skill "chase walk" can only be used for up to 10 consecutive seconds. Players are not allowed to leave the designated PVP area (with Taekwon class jump for example).
- Winning a fight earns you 10 points.
- A tie earns you 5 points (a tie occurs if both players are still alive after 2 minutes or when both players die at the same time, known as double-KO).
- Losing a fight earns you 0 points.
- Breaking a PVP rule makes your opponent win automatically and earns you 0 points.
Note: Sometimes there may not be enough participants for 5 fights with different opponents, in which case a GM will ask for volunteers and may offer prizes to them, which depends on the battle results.
4. Trivia! (Bonus points)
All aspiring heroes get to participate in this trial which will test your knowledge of RO and help you earn additional points. With the help of a NPC, a series of questions will be asked, each worth 5 points. We will try my best to make all questions clear and have only 1 answer. Usually there are 5 questions, and we'll announce it if we are to have a different number. Players then input their answers to the NPC, and answers must be properly spelled (must use lower case), in the time frame allowed to receive the points.
5. Light VS Dark Mass PVP Battle (Bonus of 10 points)
This last trial is open to all participants and will oppose the Light players to the Dark players in team battles. It will be a 2 out of 3, that means the first team to win twice wins. The goal is simple, kill all players of the opposing allegiance. All players on the winning side earn a bonus of 10 points. GMs will not make anyone (nor allow people to) change sides, which means GMs do not control the number or the force of the players on each side. If for example, 3 light players and 12 dark players enter the ToH it will be a battle of 3 vs 12, however unfair it may seem! It is up to each side to encourage their players to participate.
In order to have access to the allegiance hero gears (you must choose between wings or helm; you cannot earn both in the same ToH), a player must score a minimum of 70 ToH points! Here is a list of more detailed prizes:
Note: These are the points you can score in the event, they don't have anything to do with your Light or Dark allegiance points (those are only necessary to enter the ToH).
- 100 ToH points and above: Your hero gear + 2 OCA + 2 OPB + 10 Allegiance points!
- 90 ToH points: Your hero gear + 1 OCA + 10 Allegiance points.
- 80 ToH points: Your hero gear + 1 OPB + 1 Bloody Branch + 5 Allegiance points.
- 70 ToH points: Your hero gear + 1 Bloody Branch + 5 Allegiance points.
- 60 ToH points: 3 OPB + 1 Bloody Branch + 5 Allegiance points.
- 40 ToH points: 3 OBB + 1 Bloody Branch + 5 Allegiance points.
- 39 ToH points and below: 3 Poring Box + 2 Gift Box + 5 Allegiance points.
Extra bonus: everyone who belongs to the allegiance side that won the mass battle (regardless of ToH participation) get a small bonus until the next ToH! This bonus will be changed every 6 months.
ToH wings can evolve. This means that your wings will grow as you participate in more ToHs. The refinement levels will stay same when you upgrade your wings. When you evolve your wings, however, this only affects 1st and 2nd generation wings - since 3rd generation and up are unrefinable. The card will also stay there when you upgrade your wings (if you have carded them).
See the details on the Trials of Heroes gears .