heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Good Suggestion nobody seems to understand.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yea I got a good one. People like myself get banned for a long time for "swearing" and "cursing". But, If its so bad, y not just put a filter in? Do you not have a filter just to pick on people and Ban them after you get them angry?
move to whinning?

they expect ppl to be mature enough and not to swear...
Fionit Wrote:move to whinning?

they expect ppl to be mature enough and not to swear...

Agreed, that and filters are unreliable at best. (I still laugh at my screen shots from EQ when the puller would have an incoming message "INC! Stonegazer Cockatrice!" and it would be broadcast to the group something like "INC! Stonegazer Akflaatrice!" - from the filter randomly scrambling the word)

GM-Ben

Its not the word that we ban/jail, its the attitude.

Someone can swear all day long and be a very good guy, while someone else who never says a bad word can be a total jackass.

Who do you think we jail/ban? The jackass or the good guy?

Be respectful and fairplay to others and you will never set a foot in prison.

Ben
It's kinda obvious that th GM's don't jail people for swearing...
the kinda language i've heard coming outta the GM's use over the intercom thing, they would have to ban themselves permently.
Well then, If you dont ban people for Swearing then why did you ban me for "Badly Swearing?"
I'll go out on a limb and say it was the context.
GM-Ben Wrote:Its not the word that we ban/jail, its the attitude.

Someone can swear all day long and be a very good guy, while someone else who never says a bad word can be a total jackass.

Who do you think we jail/ban? The jackass or the good guy?

Be respectful and fairplay to others and you will never set a foot in prison.

Ben

To all the GMS you guys dont really think this is too extreme perma-banning Mr.Snipes? you seem to be FORCING an attitude of happy happiness to people, there are worse people that have an even worse attitude more than Mr.Snipes I believe.

Giving people chances is a good idea also.

GM-Boomy

there's a way to express your opinion. if you can't say it like an adult and with respect, I don't see why we should keep that kind of player, sorry. If he said his opinion without insulting/cursing, I think we would be more open minded than the current situation.
GM-Boomy Wrote:there's a way to express your opinion. if you can't say it like an adult and with respect, I don't see why we should keep that kind of player, sorry. If he said his opinion without insulting/cursing, I think we would be more open minded than the current situation.

Well I think you all have a lynchmob mentality, Just leave him banned for a while and he WILL learn his lesson and APPRECIATE, GM-Boomy I think it is unfair of you to be DELETING his characters, you are a GM and can make characters level in a snap, but Mr.Snipes has been here for a long time and hasnt caused any problems. I saw this argument happen and they both could talk it out through PMs and just talking. Give Mr.Snipes a chance.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's