heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Lag might make me quit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't do anything anymore. Last 6 days have been lagging me so much sometimes I can't even log in. I get inside and freeze. I lagged out of Infinity tower and I even lagged out at the adv spot SO MUCH that I just shut down my computer and left my wild rose drop 4,000 bait with not too much care. I'm just so frustrated now I can't even play.

And its sad, because I can play everything else. It's just Ragnarok. Any client. Any Server. I cleaned out my computer, I did virus scan after scan, port forwarded, made all the graphics minimal as hell. mineffected, turned off effect, closed every program, checked my router, checked my modem, had my modem replaced, had my router replaced, had my settings optimised with tuneup, crap cleaned, defragged, and removed everything on my system that I remotely didnt want. I have 75% space left on my computer, only 25% taken up, I have absolutely no clue what else to do other than quit.

I can't play anymore. I seriously cant. I go to Anubis, I die because I lag mobbing. Even in MOSCOVIA I die because of lag mobbing. Low HP aggre Lesh and delayed shots I dont see on my UN-UPDATING screen.

Ive had so much lag just sitting in the coal mines that when the screen EXPLODED into activity, it was almost as if two days of delayed text was slowly catching up. Like watching installed files in an installation scroll your screen in a dos window. Like the MATRIX.

I have no clue what to do anymore. The lag spikes let me not do anything for too long. Its every day for the last 6 days with momentary 5 minute breaks of clean airtime just playing with no lag then it comes back. 5 minutes of playing and 10 minutes of waiting to play for another 5 means if I played ALL DAY I would only play 25% of the day and 75% of the day I would be waiting to play.

AS I WRITE THIS all I can gear is the jingle of frozen Mavka in Les Forest.

I really want to play, I really want to 99 Cheese. My leveling hasnt been slow because I suck its because I seriously can't play.

And it's starting to depress me.

I'm sitting there 50% weight with no arrows and a Mavka is chasing me amidst a lag wave, I cant make any arrow because I'm 50% and not only that but in the lag wave the Mavka is going to catch up to me and kill me. Losing 1% this often is just starting to get hectic. I can't imagine how impossible it will be at 98, where 100 things give me 1% and I'l die every 10.
Awww Icon_sad

Drop in a few time and say hi bud.
Im not quitting yet. Im just gunna give it a while to clear up, but if it stays like this for the next week or so I cant stay. Its pointless. I cant talk, because what I type doesnt show, and I cant train because clicking doesnt move me.

But if I do quit, I will. Promise. ^_^
Icon_biggrin Cool cool, and wow, it's THAT horrible?
Actually panda did something today to the server that made it a LOT better. It cleared my lag at least. Hopefully it'll make yours better.
It didn't. I was on like 10 minutes ago and its just as bad, if not worse.

@Monkey: Yeah. I made a video. I'l upload it.
Okies Icon_sad
I just checked. Lag is still there. Camera battery is charging.
Can't really help you, suggestion to check which were probably suggested:
Video Card, ISP, Processor, Virus, Anti Virus, Firewall... Thats what comes to mind.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooo

/GM-Edit /swt
Pages: 1 2