heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Ban Mobbing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ok i asked someon and they told me mobbing was legal, but i really think it should be illegal, i'm leveling at seals doing fine, everything is ok, then out of nowhere 2 people come and start mobbing seals up. I don't care i just keep trying to find my seals and kill them 1 on 1, sometimes 3 on 1 ifi get jumped out of nowhere, then i start noticing theres more lag on that map, since they are keeping all the seals alive and training them it lags you up when you are by them, so one of them dies then i die cause i couldnt even move, i mean i don't mind if they mob train w/e but if its lagging me i think it should be illegal, i'm not lagging anywhere else but there, if you gonna tell "oh level somewhere else" f*** you, seals isn't a private beach, its for anyone, i shouldnt have to leave cause someone decides hey let me level at seals and mob them, who cares if people die cause if the mob, i mean its only 1 million exp to a 98 monk. thats my 2 cents

GM-Boomy

Gambit Wrote:seals isn't a private beach, its for anyone

exactly. They can mob all they want, like you said, it's not a private beach. It's a way to power level and is perfectly legal. If you're lagging only there, there's nothing we can do about it, sorry. It's like if you're saying: "you should ban every mage/wizard spell in WoE because it lags me like hell!"
the reason i'm lagging is cause too many seals being mobbed, when they left i wasn't lagging at all, so something had to be up with that, i'm saying mob training causes people to lag, gms supposed to help against that, sides, lets say you want to hunt a certain monster, but you can't cause people are mob training it, so you are forced to go to another map? or wait till they are done? its not fair its why official servers banned mob trainning cause its not fair for other players who are just trying to level normally.
I think Official Servers banned mob training because there is too much damn player on one map at a certain point! Icon_razz
keeping a monster alive to gather with other mobs forcing it not to spawn and hogging all the exp to yourself is the reason why official servers banned mobbing.

GM-Ben

I'm not sure if it is banned from official server or not but one thing for sure with the latest update it has become increasingly difficult to mob. Seals used to be mobbable by single character (no longer the case). Also if you go monster by monster there might be equal or better place to hunt.

Ben
so you're saying because 2 people decide to go around mobbing the whole map, 1 player is forced to look for another leveling spot? btw mobing is illegal in official servers in iRO it is, i still got my account up there, mobbing should be banned simply cause it keeps the flow of monsters from spawning, instead of going around being able to find a seal, you don't find anything then out of nowhere 10 spawn on the map.
banning mobbing would make it unfair for people who cant kill seals one on one (dunno if theyres any class that cant kill one ) it applies to both sides, because u wanna lvl theyre 2 other ppl couldnt lvl as properly theyrefore should wait until ur done?

Theyre is other solutions other then banning mobbing (try to discuss with the mobbers! ive done it b4) like ben said theyre is other better or equal lvling spot. Be creative or/and explore.
From what I understand, mobbing on officials is in fact illegal. However, on officials, there are literally thousands and thousands of players...so that makes it very easy to lag people. It's not quite as certain death here. I also don't even know if that's the reason it's banned on officials. Quite honestly, gravity just seems all around anti-mobbing. Take note of all the recent "patches"....

Your logic though, to me, seems kind of flawed. "Ban this because it's sucks for me!"...well, what about it being unfair to them? No one else has made these complaints (on lag issues)..and no one else has been unable to share the beach so far either. I've leveled at seals myself on another char and even though other people are there sometimes, and sometimes mob..it's still very manageable to get along. The beach is for everyone afterall, right?

In short, I'm with the GMs on this issue. Decisions like this should be based on what's best for the server, not what's best for one person. (Sins rejoice! And mob, mob as you never have before.)
heh, ok ask Wiz-Raizen if when he is mobbing i say "yo stop mobbing its lagging me up" i don't ask Cream if when she goes around DSing the seals i say stop cause i'm leveling, i buff them and even heal them if i have enough sp, these people were gathering or trying to gather all the seals in the map and train them hence the lag it takes a lot to lag me its why i lag, raizen mobs like 5 or so i don't lag at all, but when you try to do the whole map thats when it gets out of hand, its not that it sucks for me its that it really does lag up people even 1 of the 2 people mobing died from her own huge mob then said "lag" then i died cause i couldnt even move the lag overcame me. Ive played seals with 3 other people on the same map helping them if I can, i never lagged or anything, only reason i'm posting now its cause that trainning is dangerous, not just for the people trainning the mobs but for the players who have to lag cause of it and might die cause you can't handle your own mob.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's