heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: New Jail system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After looking at the jailed list, I noticed the GM's recently added "auto-release in 12 hours" on most or all of there commonly broken minor rules. What exactly does that mean? does the character thats impounded have to be online for that time for the sentence to be lifted? how does it work?

and before anyone asksThinking, no I don't plan on breaking any rules, just curiosity
From what I have been able to gather, it means you will be released automatically after having been online that long on that char, while it is in jail.

Like a mute. But in jail. <<
Ellie Wrote:From what I have been able to gather, it means you will be released automatically after having been online that long on that char, while it is in jail.

Like a mute. But in jail. <<

We didn't officially post anything yet, as we are still getting some things working (and not all of it is working yet, like @jailtime for you to check just exactly how long you are jailed for. You still don't have it... YET.) We started using it on the people who broke the auto-vending rules only so far.

When you are jailed, you need to log on that character and online (autotrade, as far as our testing goes, does NOT contribute to served jail time.) for the instructed amount of time. When time is up, jail will automatically release you instead of like the past, you need to find a GM to manually free you from jail, which may take up to weeks if you have a very small playing time frame for both you and a GM to be online. On the flip side of the coin, jail punishment was relatively "weak" as people just log on to other character on their account, and play another character until jail time is up, and their character is back. It's only a minor delay in whatever you want with that character. In this not-really-new-but-new-for-heRO jail, you really have to just sit there and wait it out. You can't just "dodge" the jail time by playing another character until time is up anymore.

It's really nothing spectacular. It's not uncommon in other servers. Like I said before in other posts, non-tech GMs are taking this time to simplify some administrative issues that has always been plaguing heRO server by lowering GM's efficiency. Simplifying/making clear these matters will free up GMs' time and things are more clear cut to players as well too.

As for how 'long' are people jailed for if they break a rule... we are still working on that too (as you see how the length changed for breaking the vending rule from 24 hours down to 12 hours just a day or two ago, and even now who knows it may still go down more OR go back up a bit.)

Of course, best scenario is if we don't need to do this at all- let's just hope that everyone can behave and follow the rules, hmm?
What I don't get about jail is, if you can't use autovend, do you have to keep your character there so you can't play another one? It hardly seems fair that merchant classes jailed get to play while in jail but other classes don't.
You gotta add a way for normal people to visit people in jail to keep em company.
Conjugal visits!
FrAcTuRe Wrote:What I don't get about jail is, if you can't use autovend, do you have to keep your character there so you can't play another one? It hardly seems fair that merchant classes jailed get to play while in jail but other classes don't.

As Ayu said, autovending doesn't count, if you stay in jail using it your jail time won't go down. You have to be logged for the time to pass.
could you add a mini quest in jail i mean there has to be a way to break out make it a fun mini quest where it's all timing and some monsters for anti break outs like a novice canon, fire lock, or anything with a gun/bow just make it fun.
The point of being jailed is a punishment, not a time for you to 'have fun' doing mini quests and the what not. It's jail, just like the ones in real life, and it's not meant to have fun. If we're adding monsters I sad add Bee down there and call him the prison warden. Nothing says, get in your jail cell and be quiet during lights out quite like a Hells Judgement to your face.
The current punishment seems to be 12 hours.
That's half a day of RO on fully, before you can get out.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's