heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Failed to connect/extreme lag for a certain time only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've been playing hero since last month thanks to my friend who introduced me to this server and I'm enjoying my stay so far Icon_biggrin now for my problem..I've noticed for a week already that i always cannot connect or experience extreme lag during 1pm - 8pm (asia time +8 GMT) but beyond that I can happily play hero with very minimal or no lag at all...I've reinstalled hero already but the same problem happens..is it really my ISP's fault? though i don't feel any slow connection from my internet and i don't download anything when i'm playing...

I hope there's still a way to fix this but if it's really the fault of my ISP/location then i guess i have to adjust my time..btw my friend uses the same ISP but we live in a different city and she doesn't experience this problem..Cry
The fact that it seems to be during a peak usage time.... and the fact that it is also un-peak time on the server suggests more that it is your connection.

Is anyone else in your house also using the connection, and potentially downloading?

It doesn't really matter much that your friend isn't lagging. Different cities = different phone exchanges. It could also be due to your hardware, eg, router.
Since it's always at a certain time frame, I guess it's a problem with your connection, and heRO almost never lags.
Maybe try to contact your ISP so they can look it up for you. Or hire a tech to check your computer.
Hope you can get it to run smoothly again.
thanks for the reply Ellie / GM-mass...unfortunately it really looks like my ISP is having trouble connecting during peak hours in my area...

I'm using a wifi router and I'm the only one using the internet connection...i'll try to connect via LAN and see if there will be improvements..
Yeah, the wifi router might be making it worse.
Reference URL's